• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week 3 - Alabama still has more wins in Jerry World than Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draconian

That ruling seems dubious at best. I left the room to get a snack to watch Texas's last possession only to come back to find the game was over. Talk about disappointing.

SCChappy

Banned
I wouldn't be mad about a loss. I expected a few but the way the defense was obliterated has me so pissed. We finally get an offense but in doing that we decide to become Tech.

Fire Vance Bedford

Charlie get your head out of ass and realize that just because he's your buddy he isn't a good coach

this was mack browns demise as well. He kept his buddies around too long before it was too late. If he keeps Vance around and our defense doesn't improve, vance won't be the only coach fired. Strong will go down with him

Long memories tbh

Y'all beat us 12 months ago too.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Man what a glorious day

Nebraska defeats Oregon. Texas, Notre Dame lose and Iowa loses to an FCS team.

Memorial stadium was rocking. Loudest I've heard it since before the dark times. Nebraska fought and deserved the win. Some definite luck (man Royce getting hurt, such a bummer, he looked incredible). Helfrich's 2 point strategy was terrible but credit Nebraska's defense for holding them to 1-of-5. Also helfrich not running out the clock at the end of the first half, and then punting to DPE, allowed Nebraska to take momentum into the locker room.

Ducks fans were super cool. Stoked to go to eugene next year

First nonconf ranked win for Nebraska since 2001 (coincidentally that season was the last time OKla was a home dog too). 350th consecutive sellout (7-0 on the 50th milestones). We won the game despite surrendering 6.9 yards per carry.

Just glorious night in Lincoln, with the upcoming schedule of @Northwestern (they are bad but always play us tough), Illinois, BYE, @Indiana, and Purdue, Nebraska has a decent shot of being 7-0 for the first time since 2001.

Just gotta take care of business. As Texas showed today, road games a week after emotional wins can be TRAPS

jfkgoblue

Well the Big 12 may have finished the worst OOC ever by one conference, I'd say almost no chance at a Big 12 rep in the CFP
Man what a glorious day

Memorial stadium was rocking. Loudest I've heard it since before the dark times. Nebraska fought and deserved the win. Some definite luck (man Royce getting hurt, such a bummer, he looked incredible). Helfrich's 2 point strategy was terrible but credit Nebraska's defense for holding them to 1-of-5. Also helfrich not running out the clock at the end of the first half, and then punting to DPE, allowed Nebraska to take momentum into the locker room.

First nonconf ranked win for Nebraska since 2001 (coincidentally that season was the last time OKla was a home dog too). 350th consecutive sellout (7-0 on the 50th milestones). We won the game despite surrendering 6.9 yards per carry.

Just glorious night in Lincoln, with the upcoming schedule of @Northwestern (they are bad but always play us tough), Illinois, BYE, @Indiana, and Purdue, Nebraska has a decent shot of being 7-0 for the first time since 2001.

Just gotta take care of business. As Texas showed today, road games a week after emotional wins can be TRAPS
Doesn't Nebraska avoid all three good teams from the East? If so they have a great shot at getting to Indy

Well the Big 12 may have finished the worst OOC ever by one conference, I'd say almost no chance at a Big 12 rep in the CFP

If WVU or Baylor go undefeated ( they wont ) then the Big 12 will have a rep. But those are the only 2 teams currently unscathed from OOC and I don't think the conference is strong enough to get an 11-1 team in the playoff unless the winners of the other conferences have 2 losses

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

Doesn't Nebraska avoid all three good teams from the East? If so they have a great shot at getting to Indy

No we go to columbus on Nov 5th

jfkgoblue

No we go to columbus on Nov 5th
Well, on the bright side Wisconsin plays all 3, but Wisconsin also always seems to find ways of beating Ohio State, especially at Camp Randle

Gonna be 4 top ten Big Ten teams heading into conference play, Iowa will prob fall out, but Nebraska will jump into the rankings

cashman

Banned
Also Gilbert needs to call a fucking slant once in a while or something. The receivers right now run a total of 3 routes and it's getting pretty predictable.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Man what a glorious day

I was going to go, but I broke my nose yesterday, and my pregnant wife is throwing up like crazy, so I decided to give up my ticket. Now I am pissed that I did! Glad you enjoyed it, and glad we showed Oregon fans a good time. Hopefully they will be equally gracious next year. My buddy and I plan on making the trip for sure.

Picture related:
Dw7mmQ7.jpg

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Well, on the bright side Wisconsin plays all 3, but Wisconsin also always seems to find ways of beating Ohio State, especially at Camp Randle

Wisconsin'a next five weeks:

@Michigan state
@Michigan
Ohio State
@Iowa
Nebraska

I like our spot being the fifth game in that set

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Wisconsin'a next five weeks:

@Michigan state
@Michigan
Ohio State
@Iowa
Nebraska

I like our spot being the fifth game in that set

Wow! Who did Barry piss off to get that schedule? If they go undefeated through that murderers row, they will be #1 or #2 in the country,lol.

Also Gilbert needs to call a fucking slant once in a while or something. The receivers right now run a total of 3 routes and it's getting pretty predictable.

Yep. We also need to get more creative on our runs. Harsin used to run a lot of fly sweeps and shovel passes and reverses, but our running plays now are 75% running up the middle. And we were throwing the ball on occasion to keep the defense from stacking the box on run prevent, but instead we should have subbed those passes for more creative rushing.

jfkgoblue

Wow! Who did Barry piss off to get that schedule? If they go undefeated through that murderers row, they will be #1 or #2 in the country,lol.
At the beginning of the year they'd been happy to get through it at 2-3, but now they have their eyes on higher prizes, I think they'll beat Iowa, and that Nebraska game is huge as well but the rest is hard for me to believe that they have a real shot of beating.

I just want them to beat Sparty

Ok here's my prediction for top 25
1-Bama
2-OSU
3-Louisville
4-Michigan
5-Clemson
6-Stanford
7-Sparty
8-Houston
9-Wisconsin
10- Washington
11-FSU
12-Tennesee
13-Texas A&M
14-Baylor
15-UGA
16-LSU
17-Arkansas
18-Miami
19-Nebraska(New)
20-Florida
21-GT(New)
22-UNC(New)
23-Utah(New)
24-UCLA(New)
25-Okie State(New)

Dropped: 11 Texas, 13 Iowa, 14 Oklahoma, 18 Notre Dame, 19 Ole Miss, 22 Oregon

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
At the beginning of the year they'd been happy to get through it at 2-3, but now they have their eyes on higher prizes, I think they'll beat Iowa, and that Nebraska game is huge as well but the rest is hard for me to believe that they have a real shot of beating.

They haven't looked special at all this year, so I could see them losing 4 of 5,but college football is a funny game. They could just as easily win 4 and I won't be surprised.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
The Georgia State game was abysmal for Wisconsin today. They were 35 point favorites and won by 6 after a late comeback

Ga State was ranked last in rush defense, allowing nearly 400 yards per game on the ground in their first two games.

Wish only managed 194 yards on the ground.

They switched QBs Late and that's what keyed the win. Gonna be tough sledding at Sparty

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Lol, i just noticed that for the first time since the death of ezboards GAF, I have a tag. I wonder what it is in reference to?

Especially since Sparky is the ASU mascot, and I am clearly not a fan. LOL

KaYotiX

Banned
The Georgia State game was abysmal for Wisconsin today. They were 35 point favorites and won by 6 after a late comeback

Ga State was ranked last in rush defense, allowing nearly 400 yards per game on the ground in their first two games.

Wish only managed 194 yards on the ground.

They switched QBs Late and that's what keyed the win. Gonna be tough sledding at Sparty

One thing with my Badgers is they always play down to weaker opponents, seems like the no names give them more fits then teams like Michigan or Ohio State.

That stretch will be brutal though. I honestly think they win 3 of those games.

1-Bama
2-OSU
3-Louisville
4-Michigan
5-Clemson
6-Stanford
7-Sparty
8-Houston
9-Wisconsin
10- Washington
11-FSU
12-Tennesee
13-Texas A&M
14-Baylor
15-UGA
16-LSU
17-Arkansas
18-Miami
19-Nebraska(New)
20-Florida
21-GT(New)
22-UNC(New)
23-Utah(New)
24-UCLA(New)
25-Okie State(New)

asswhoopin or not, Louisville isn't moving all the way up to 3.

1- Alabama
2- Ohio
3- Michigan
4- Clemson
5- Louisville
6- Stanford
7- Michigan State
8- Houston
9- Wisconsin
10- Washington

Rocketz

1. Bama
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan
4. Louisville
5. Clemson

Just because how it was done I give Louisville the jump. Clemson did go to Auburn and win but their quality win is currently is over a 1-2 team but it is a big jump from 10-4 so I could be wrong.

jjasper

The real question is where will NDSU be ranked? I think it is clear that they are one of the best 25 teams in the country regardless of division. I mean shit after watching UT/UF/UGA/Mizzou I am pretty sure they would win the SEC east (not that it is much of an accomplishment).

9-Wisconsin

I doubt they are this high. The pollsters, esp. AP have been hammering "close call" games.

Alright, everyone.

We are going to need a serious conversation soon about whether we will be calling it Ole Missing instead of Clempsoning.

Had those 2 games not been chokes, I don't think there'd even be a discussion about who's 1 right now.

Regardless of how solid The puke Ohio puke State puke looked last night.

El_Chino

1-Bama
2-OSU
3-Louisville
4-Michigan
5-Clemson
6-Stanford
7-Sparty
8-Houston
9-Wisconsin
10- Washington
11-FSU
12-Tennesee
13-Texas A&M
14-Baylor
15-UGA
16-LSU
17-Arkansas
18-Miami
19-Nebraska(New)
20-Florida
21-GT(New)
22-UNC(New)
23-Utah(New)
24-UCLA(New)
25-Okie State(New)

LMAO, they'll be in the 20s for sure.

ag-my001

Alright, everyone.

We are going to need a serious conversation soon about whether we will be calling it Ole Missing instead of Clempsoning.

Had those 2 games not been chokes, I don't think there'd even be a discussion about who's 1 right now.

Miss'd it?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Alright, everyone.

WAOM was a thing long before Clempsoning was a thing.

Big 10 really put its stamp on the season in non conference. B12 flopped along with the Pac12.

My conference rankings:

B10
SEC
ACC (I'd like to put them at #2, but just not enough depth)
PAC12
B12

Not how I would have imagined it at the beginning of this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom