• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week 3 - Alabama still has more wins in Jerry World than Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iowa, fresh off losing to NDSU is an 11 point favorite over Rutgers to open the week.
USC is a 1.5 point under dog to Utah
South Carolina vs Kentucky is a pick em
Cal is a 6.5 point under dog to Arizona State
Stanford is only a 2.5 point favorite over UCLA (but my first rule of Vegas is not to trust lines on games involving teams from California, Utah, Arizona or Nevada)
LSU is only about a 3 point favorite over Auburn
Tennessee is a 7.5 to 10 point favorite over Florida
Mississippi is a favorite over Georgia

Haha, I couldn't count the number of times a pac-12 favourite has lost me money on my bets!

Just when you think you have them figured out, a top team will choke and an upset will happen.

Fucking Notre dame lost my bet this week. Had them straight out to beat msu. Another quarter they might have got there. Kelly had every right to go off on the defensive coordinator there, huge play and his player doesn't know what is going on.

impirius

Looks like everyone successfully avoided seeing East Carolina at South Carolina this week, so here's a recap:

Remember that North Carolina vs. South Carolina game you regretted watching at the beginning of last season? Replace North with East

Ok, Georgia fans. It was real.

But just keep in mind that there was a wrestler that died during a staged event. Sometimes things go wrong when you're trying to put on a show.

andycapps

Ok, Georgia fans. It was real.

But just keep in mind that there was a wrestler that died during a staged event. Sometimes things go wrong when you're trying to put on a show.
Real also means really dumb in this case. That was real plate glass he dove through. Could have easily cut a major blood vessel or worse.

I'm assuming a large amount of alcohol was in his system. One would think a sober person wouldn't dive through a glass door.

It's Tennessee week lads and I'll be bussing down to Knoxville from Charlotte, NC with about 33 other fans, most members of the Charlotte Gator Club (a friend of mine runs it).

With Del Rio now seemingly out I don't know what will happen but I know we always have a good chance at beating Tennessee because they're Tennessee.

El_Chino

It's Tennessee week lads and I'll be bussing down to Knoxville from Charlotte, NC with about 33 other fans, most members of the Charlotte Gator Club (a friend of mine runs it).

With Del Rio now seemingly out I don't know what will happen but I know we always have a good chance at beating Tennessee because they're Tennessee.
Defense will hold it down and Appleby isn't a Grier to Treon kind of fall off in talent.

Draxal

Iowa, fresh off losing to NDSU is an 11 point favorite over Rutgers to open the week.
USC is a 1.5 point under dog to Utah
South Carolina vs Kentucky is a pick em
Cal is a 6.5 point under dog to Arizona State
Stanford is only a 2.5 point favorite over UCLA (but my first rule of Vegas is not to trust lines on games involving teams from California, Utah, Arizona or Nevada)
LSU is only about a 3 point favorite over Auburn
Tennessee is a 7.5 to 10 point favorite over Florida
Mississippi is a favorite over Georgia

Iowa will stomp us into oblivion this week.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
My ears are still ringing from how loud Memorial Stadium was on Saturday against Oregon.

There was something almost primal about the crowd at the end. Loudest I've ever heard Lincoln (and Lincoln is known for being loud)

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
My ears are still ringing from how loud Memorial Stadium was on Saturday against Oregon.

There was something almost primal about the crowd at the end. Loudest I've ever heard Lincoln (and Lincoln is known for being loud)

I've been sick for the past week so a double dose of LET ME CLEAR MY THROAT was cathartic in more than one way.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
They actually had DJ Kool come perform for the students before the season. It's become a kind of an anthem at UNL now.

naturally our "new" anthem would be from the mid-90s.

I know the guy who runs the music at football games. He uncorked it at the perfect time during a long 3-minute TV timeout before our final kickoff to Oregon. Waited till the band was done, and then let it rip.

Stadium went nuts. I've only once felt a stadium actually feel like an earthquake from jumping, at Wisconsin during JUMP AROUND. But it felt like that in Lincoln.

Then the post-game Let Me Clear My Throat was great too

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
naturally our "new" anthem would be from the mid-90s.

I know the guy who runs the music at football games. He uncorked it at the perfect time during a long 3-minute TV timeout before our final kickoff to Oregon. Waited till the band was done, and then let it rip.

Stadium went nuts. I've only once felt a stadium actually feel like an earthquake from jumping, at Wisconsin during JUMP AROUND. But it felt like that in Lincoln.

Then the post-game Let Me Clear My Throat was great too

He's been pretty good this year, even subtly; during some long review periods he's played stuff like The Beatles' "Let It Be".

andycapps

This makes me feel extremely uncomfortable.

I'm just saying Tennesse at those points is too high if you've actually watched Tennessee's offense combined with how good Florida is on defense.

With Del Rio out this could be a real boring game to watch.
Tennessee defense isn't 100%.
Neither is the FL offense.
FG6NpX4.gif

andycapps

There's never been a truer statement written.
Cam Sutton is out for Tennessee so that's a pretty huge loss for their defense, but Del Rio out is a bigger deal for Florida, obviously. I'd expect a punt fest. Which is why we'll probably get a lot of scoring for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom