• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Five: We got to see them BOTH lose!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Refs took all of the momentum away from Louisville and gave it to Clemson.

They also took points off the board for Louisville snd killed drives.

Props to Clemson for taking full advantage of the fuckery though.

andycapps

In the words of Lewis Grizzard regarding the UGA game.

LOaGQ2Mh.jpg

At least my pick was correct. Guttung loss. Shouldn't have happened, but it did so it is what it is.

Clemson is finally looking like the team I expected to see this year.

Vanillalite

Here's the thing about the refs. They aren't just missing a couple bad calls in a conference game and letting things get out of hand.

They are doing this in a matchup of 2 top 5 teams that will go a long way in deciding the whole CFB season playoff race.

andycapps

Fuck these refs

Should be given t h en option of 6 game suspension or getting choked by every suited louisville player
Was it worse than the ball bouncing off the ground two feet in the air and being called a catch for Tennessee earlier?
I saw the choke. Not cool

Nobody is talking about the other choke on our half back hikutini

I don't mind getting outplayed, we definitely were but fuck refs like this

Vanillalite

They are calling a really light game. A Clemson player kind of choked Lamar a little, and he got pissed.

It is mostly just excuses.

A missed PI in front of the ref in the end zone that resulted in no TD is just an excuse?

At what point would a shitty ref job not be an excuse since the missed calls have probably resulted in a 21 point swing?

Vanillalite

Clemson DB stunned at the holding call cause they got away with murder in the first half. Probably thought but Coach said the bag man dropped off the money!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
SDSU's 13 game winning streak might be about to end. Just turned the ball over at the 3 yard line while they are down by 4 with about 8 minutes to go.

Down by 11 now.

andycapps

It's hilarious when Kirk highlights a block and it's a blatant hold on the replay. Get a clue man.
American TV commentators in general, IMO. They're scared to give the officials a hard time.

One reason watching the BBC broadcast premier league games is enlightening. If there's a bad call, they don't hesitate to ream the officials over it. Lot more insightful commentary on the details of what's going on versus describing what's happening on the field as if we can't see it with our own eyes like American commentators tend to do.

jfkgoblue

American TV commentators in general, IMO. They're scared to give the officials a hard time.

One reason watching the BBC broadcast premier league games is enlightening. If there's a bad call, they don't hesitate to ream the officials over it.

except Jon Gruden on MNF, he gives no fucks

DominoKid

One reason watching the BBC broadcast premier league games is enlightening. If there's a bad call, they don't hesitate to ream the officials over it. Lot more insightful commentary on the details of what's going on versus describing what's happening on the field as if we can't see it with our own eyes like American commentators tend to do.

American commentators probably get more in-ear instructions designed to protect the brand. It's blatantly obvious when you hear them have to tiptoe around teams not actually following the concussion protocol.

So I wouldn't be surprised if they get similar instructions to not talk bad about the refs.

Top Bottom