• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Five: We got to see them BOTH lose!

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
M3x49Uj.gif

mXp8CyS.jpg

90IrMNn.jpg

HzkCvCN.jpg

dCHqwVq.jpg

AP Poll

RK TEAM REC PTS TREND
1 Alabama(50) 4-0 1511 —
2 Ohio State(4) 3-0 1440 —
3 Louisville(6) 4-0 1409 —
4 Michigan(1) 4-0 1292 —
5 Clemson 4-0 1267 —
6 Houston 4-0 1239 —
7 Stanford 3-0 1166 —
8 Wisconsin 4-0 1084 3
9 Texas A&M 4-0 1036 1
10 Washington 4-0 986 1
11 Tennessee 4-0 909 3
12 Florida State 3-1 804 1
13 Baylor 4-0 729 3
14 Miami 3-0 696 1
15 Nebraska 4-0 640 5
16 Ole Miss 2-2 540 7
17 Michigan State 2-1 527 9
18 Utah 4-0 493 6
19 San Diego State 3-0 304 3
20 Arkansas 3-1 241 3
21 TCU 3-1 239 NR
22 Texas 2-1 217 1
23 Florida 3-1 176 4
24 Boise State 3-0 163 NR
25 Georgia 3-1 142 13
Complete Rankings
Dropped from rankings: LSU 18, Oklahoma 25
Others receiving votes: Arizona State 135, Oklahoma 120, North Dakota State 58, West Virginia 51, Virginia Tech 38, Colorado 33, North Carolina 26, Iowa 25, UCLA 22, Auburn 18, LSU 17, Western Michigan 14, Wake Forest 9, Memphis 6, Maryland 2, Toledo 1

Schedule of Notable Games

Thursday, September 29
MATCHUP TIME (CT) NAT TV
Connecticut #6 Houston 7:00 PM ESPN

Friday, September 30
MATCHUP TIME (CT) NAT TV
#7 Stanford #10 Washington 8:00 PM ESPN

Saturday, October 1
#13Baylor Iowa State 11:00 AM FS1 Jack Trice Stadium, Ames, IA
#23Florida Vanderbilt 11:00 AM SECN Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN
#22Texas Oklahoma State 11:00 AM ABC Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, OK
Rutgers #2Ohio State 11:00 AM BTN Ohio Stadium, Columbus, OH
#14Miami Georgia Tech 11:00 AM ESPN2 Bobby Dodd Stadium, Atlanta, GA
#11Tennessee #25Georgia 2:30 PM CBS Sanford Stadium, Athens, GA
North Carolina #12Florida State 2:30 PM ESPN Doak Campbell Stadium, Tallahassee, FL
Wake Forest NC State 2:30 PM ACCN Carter-Finley Stadium, Raleigh, NC
#8Wisconsin #4Michigan 2:30 PM ABC Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, MI
Illinois #15Nebraska 2:30 PM ESPN2 Memorial Stadium , Lincoln, NE
#9Texas A&M South Carolina 3:00 PM SECN Williams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, SC
Oklahoma #21TCU 4:00 PM FOX Amon G. Carter Stadium, Fort Worth, TX
#18Utah California 5:00 PM PAC12 Memorial Stadium , Berkeley, CA
#3Louisville #5Clemson 7:00 PM ABC Memorial Stadium , Clemson, SC
#19San Diego State South Alabama 7:00 PM ESPNN Ladd-Peebles Stadium, Mobile, AL

Pick 'em

COMING SOON

The Decided Schematic Advantage - CFB GAF's very own podcast

Listen to Tom (Azwethinkweiz), Andy (Andycapps), Mike (Lonestar), and Andrew (bucknuticus) discuss the latest in college football news, a little bit about video games, and TV.

The link to subscribe to The Decided Schematic Advantage is here.

How to Subscribe to this Thread

Web browser: click on the "Subscribe" button on the top right side of the screen. Next click "add subscription".

Mobile: Click on the "Tools" button, found by scrolling all the way to the bottom. Then click "Add Subscription".

I still like my idea for LSU, but not sure how actual football teams are managed in college.

Hire a young up and coming coach as the head coach- and I don't think Kiffen is a bad choice. A young but big enough name to attract the recruits as they know they will be there for the long haul.

Then spend more money on getting better assistants around the head coach.

Have Spurrier as a "senior head coach", one who does not do matchday or training coaching but is there to guide the head coach as they develop.

ag-my001

BTHO South Carolina!

Also, I'm assuming the place you got the AP poll was color coded, because both positive and negative trends are listed as positive. Probably won't be noticed much, but then I have a bad habit of reading every column in a data table and checking units on a graph.

mre

BTHO South Carolina!

Also, I'm assuming the place you got the AP poll was color coded, because both positive and negative trends are listed as positive. Probably won't be noticed much, but then I have a bad habit of reading every column in a data table and checking units on a graph.
ESPN, so probably. I tried to use the AP's actual poll, but the formatting was too wonky and would have required effort to correct.

ryseing

I still like my idea for LSU, but not sure how actual football teams are managed in college.

Hire a young up and coming coach as the head coach- and I don't think Kiffen is a bad choice. A young but big enough name to attract the recruits as they know they will be there for the long haul.

Then spend more money on getting better assistants around the head coach.

Have Spurrier as a "senior head coach", one who does not do matchday or training coaching but is there to guide the head coach as they develop.

Good luck getting the younger coach to agree to that. Kiffikins will just go somewhere he has full control.

The best part about being in community is that mods don't even monitor the threads. Its like 4chan you can say anything without worry of being banned.
#TrumpWonTheDebate

bpfd

reposting from the previous thread.

Earle Bruce will dot the "i" this weekend for Ohio State. Gonna be a cool moment. Wish I could be there in person.

UW and Stanford along with Wiscy and Michigan... some good games hopefully

Also I think Cal has the edge over Utah personally

HeySeuss

Ugh back to community. Oh well a third of the season in the big leagues was nice while it lasted.

That gif shows he wasn't past the line of scrimmage when he passed the ball like everyone said he was tho. Line was the 14 and he started his throwing motion in time.

Still LoLSU

Edit nevermind it was the 15 so yeah he was past it. My bad...

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Ugh back to community. Oh well a third of the season in the big leagues was nice while it lasted.

That gif shows he wasn't past the line of scrimmage when he passed the ball like everyone said he was tho. Line was the 14 and he started his throwing motion in time.

Still LoLSU

Edit nevermind it was the 15 so yeah he was past it. My bad...

It's real close. Every part of your body has to be completely past the line.

Tosh.0 just did Another episode of Kiffins Krimson Korner. First new installment of the series in over 2 years!

"Keep it Lane and Simple"

lmao

edit: Drunk Steve Sarkisian calls in twice.
Also, Tosh.O will re-air this episode 2 hours from this post if you missed it

29349025114_1864a82cba.jpg

Chumly

Three Nebraska players kneeled during the national anthem on Saturday and has caused a real shit storm. Brought out all the racists and disgusting people. Pete ricketts made sure to come out and say how wrong they were. I'm sure he's lived a real tough life.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I hope the university or coaching staff comes out to say, "we stand with our players, Fuck those racist scumbags. We don't want them as fans anyway. We stand for free-speech, even when that involves kneeling"

jfkgoblue

Michigan favored by 10 against Wisconsin

I honestly don't see how Wisconsin wins this, they are the perfect matchup for Michigan

Jamesways

Michigan favored by 10 against Wisconsin

I honestly don't see how Wisconsin wins this, they are the perfect matchup for Michigan
If the Badger defense keeps Mich under 40 points ill be satisfied. I hope they can keep it somewhat close. I doubt they win this or against OSU. But hey, I thought they'd be 2-4 after these next two.

andycapps

Three Nebraska players kneeled during the national anthem on Saturday and has caused a real shit storm. Brought out all the racists and disgusting people. Pete ricketts made sure to come out and say how wrong they were. I'm sure he's lived a real tough life.
Yeah I saw a clip of one of the players saying some of the things that had been said to him. Disgusting. Can't imagine being an African American player knowing that a good portion of your fanbase would hate you if they saw you on the street and didn't realize you played for their team.

Or in this case, they know they play for them and still say awful things.

mre

Yeah I saw a clip of one of the players saying some of the things that had been said to him. Disgusting. Can't imagine being an African American player knowing that a good portion of your fanbase would hate you if they saw you on the street and didn't realize you played for their team.

Or in this case, they know they play for them and still say awful things.
Unfortunately, I would imagine that there would be some vocal minority of almost every fan base comprised of a majority of white people, so probably every P5 school, who would say something similar.

andycapps

Unfortunately, I would imagine that there will be some vocal minority of almost every fan base comprised of a majority of white people, so probably every P5 school, who would say something similar.
Agreed. Didn't mean to insinuate that this was limited to the Nebraska fanbase.

jjasper

Yeah unfortunately that shit could have come from any fanbase. Especially in this age where those people have come out of hiding now that they have become empowered.

ryseing

I hope the university or coaching staff comes out to say, "we stand with our players, Fuck those racist scumbags. We don't want them as fans anyway. We stand for free-speech, even when that involves kneeling"

I don't think most coaches are like Dantonio, unfortunately, especially in a sport whose fanbase is primarily located in the South and Midwest.

We know what Dabo thinks already.

Did he ever follow up to that letter from the professor asking him to (re)read MLK's Letter from a Birmingham Jail?

Go Dawgs, beat creamsicles.

I'm liking Georgia's chances this week, considering Tennessee only plays well in the 4th quarter. That's assuming our receivers don't have butterfingers this week. Still if we can beat Tennessee (which I think is entirely doable), that'll put us in the driver's seat for the East, and that'd be awesome.

Top Bottom