• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Five: We got to see them BOTH lose!

andycapps

Go Dawgs, beat creamsicles.

I'm liking Georgia's chances this week, considering Tennessee only plays well in the 4th quarter. That's assuming our receivers don't have butterfingers this week. Still if we can beat Tennessee (which I think is entirely doable), that'll put us in the driver's seat for the East, and that'd be awesome.
Until UGA can block someone on the OL, I'm going to assume they can't. And that's pretty much the story of the year if it's a decent team. Is UGA capable of winning? Yes, but until they put a complete game together then I'm going to assume they lose to Tennessee this weekend.

Tennessee will load the box like everyone else and force Eason to complete passes to receivers that are drop prone and tend to not get much separation.

There, I've done my requisite Munsoning. There is no way Tennessee loses this game.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
UW and Stanford along with Wiscy and Michigan... some good games hopefully

I think both Stanford's starting corners are going to be out. This might actually be Washington's time.

Also I think Cal has the edge over Utah personally

Depends, will Cal give up 28 or 42 points in the 4th quarter this time?

EDIT: Also, lol:

CtdCdHZXgAA9QTO.jpg:large

What could have been

@Sheadixon
Skip Bertman revealing a lot from behind the scenes. Michigan did offer Les Miles the job + more money in 2011. "I swear to God it's true."

‏@Sheadixon 53m53 minutes ago
Skip Bertman said he looked at Frank Beamer when Nick Saban left Baton Rouge. "There's not many Beamers." Worth tuning in. @1045espn

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Glad to see SEC reversed Powell's suspension from his "phantom punch" against Tennessee.
If there were any justice, the Tennessee player that flopped would catch a 1 quarter suspension, which is what Powell lost.

El_Chino

If there were any justice, the Tennessee player that flopped would catch a 1 quarter suspension, which is what Powell lost.
You would think that would occur but so far not a damn thing.

Even when Tennessee wins, they win ugly.

Did Peppers seriously fuck your sister/mother/SO or something?

For someone you maintain hasn't done anything to deserve whatever hype he's getting, you sure do lease out plenty of space in your head to the kid rent free.

Its kinda my shtick now

andycapps

What could have been

@Sheadixon
Skip Bertman revealing a lot from behind the scenes. Michigan did offer Les Miles the job + more money in 2011. "I swear to God it's true."

Skip Bertman said he looked at Frank Beamer when Nick Saban left Baton Rouge. "There's not many Beamers." Worth tuning in. @1045espn

Will discuss this on the podcast tonight.

andycapps

Lol damn...
Haha half joking. But that's been the reaction from most everyone when we talk about the Pac 12. We just don't know enough about any of the programs to have much to say.

But yeah, I could see the argument for what you're saying. UCLA is a basketball school.

andycapps

The Decided Schematic Advantage - CFB GAF's very own podcast

Listen to Tom (Azwethinkweiz), Andy (Andycapps), Mike (Lonestar), and Andrew (bucknuticus) discuss the latest in college football news, a little bit about video games, and TV.

The link to subscribe to The Decided Schematic Advantage is here.

Would like a link to said Podcast
It's in the weekly OT's but I've quoted it above. Can also find it in whatever podcast app you use.

ag-my001

Podcast Idea 1) Looking ahead, how many other jobs are suddenly up for grabs from the imminent coaching carousel? Most ridiculous hire/fire prediction?

Idea 2) Tailgate of the Week. One recipe, meat or otherwise, to be shared with CFB-GAF to try out.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
we can ironically redo our PAC12 season preview, where we'll hype up USCw and Oregon as national contenders!

andycapps

Podcast Idea 1) Looking ahead, how many other jobs are suddenly up for grabs from the imminent coaching carousel? Most ridiculous hire/fire prediction?

Idea 2) Tailgate of the Week. One recipe, meat or otherwise, to be shared with CFB-GAF to try out.
Good ideas. Thanks

Haha half joking. But that's been the reaction from most everyone when we talk about the Pac 12. We just don't know enough about any of the programs to have much to say.

But yeah, I could see the argument for what you're saying. UCLA is a basketball school.

If you guys would record these at a time I'm home I'd be down to make a guest appearance or two to discuss the Pac-12.

If you guys would record these at a time I'm home I'd be down to make a guest appearance or two to discuss the Pac-12.

Based on the times you're available to play your Madden games, I doubt it. No one on the east coast wants to be doing a podcast at midnight on a Wednesday. Get home earlier!

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Here's a topic: Alabama backup QB Blake Barnett has quit the team because he's not the starter and is going to transfer.

jfkgoblue

What could have been

@Sheadixon

That has been proven false
https://mobile.twitter.com/Johnubacon/status/781178872255700992?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

No one knows the hate the Michigan elite had(has?) for Miles

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a topic: Alabama backup QB Blake Barnett has quit the team because he's not the starter and is going to transfer.

I figured he would transfer but why wouldn't he at least wait until the end of the season? Unless that would somehow get around the requirement to sit for a year, it doesn't seem like quitting now has any benefits.

jfkgoblue

I mean, im going to go with the AD at LSU over what some writer heard from a coach that was just fired
First, he isn't just "some writer", he's the leading historian in Michigan football.(and before you say it, he isn't a Michigan puff writer, he blasted them in that book)

Second, it makes zero sense for him to turn down the job if offered, and it is a well known fact that the Michigan brass at the time hated Les Miles. This isn't some new revelation, LSU claimed it at the time as well, but it was just seen as the AD trying to make LSU look better.

First, he isn't just "some writer", he's the leading historian in Michigan football.(and before you say it, he isn't a Michigan puff writer, he blasted them in that book)

Second, it makes zero sense for him to turn down the job if offered, and it is a well known fact that the Michigan brass at the time hated Les Miles. This isn't some new revelation, LSU claimed it at the time as well, but it was just seen as the AD trying to make LSU look better.

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me

Guess that settles it PACK IT UP GUYS

Dave Brandon is also a blow hard, who not only wanted to move the OSU/UM game earlier but also not to have it every year. But I guess I can see why, dont want to get your ass kicked at the end of every season.

jfkgoblue

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me

Guess that settles it PACK IT UP GUYS

Dave Brandon is also a blow hard, who not only wanted to move the OSU/UM game earlier but also not to have it every year. But I guess I can see why, dont want to get your ass kicked at the end of every season.
I understand that you hate all things Michigan but if you are saying "but their AD said so", well Michigan's AD also said he was never offered.

Yeah Brandon was shit. His refusal to offer Harbaugh or Miles in 2011 because of pettiness was terrible.

That's why firing him and removing "Lloyd's boys" from the hiring processes was the single best thing the school did.

cdyhybrid

tOSU and Michigan fans try too hard. They need to just let the rivalry grow naturally to reach the heights of rivalries like UCF-UCONN.

I understand that you hate all things Michigan but if you are saying "but their AD said so", well Michigan's AD also said he was never offered.

Yeah Brandon was shit. His refusal to offer Harbaugh or Miles in 2011 because of pettiness was terrible.

That's why firing him and removing "Lloyd's boys" from the hiring processes was the single best thing the school did.

Indirect quote from an AD vs a direct quote from a AD.

FACE IT MICHIGAN YOURE CHUMP CHANGE NO ONE WANTS YOU

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

Duke basketball fans know that feel. Hell, our last transfer played a ton, but he wasn't going to be guy that took all the shots (because his offense needed work) so his dad made him transfer.
Sometimes its seems like there is more riding on the player's expected success than what is directly best for the player.

Top Bottom