• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Five: We got to see them BOTH lose!

andycapps

Well, at least they didn't shoot him.

Another Louisiana kid.

Though, no word on it being a stolen gun, and the charge says nothing about it being related to being "on campus". Maybe he'll miss a game, but this doesn't seem like much of a crime to me, unless certain people aren't supposed to be able to use their 2nd amendment rights.

Brandon Chicken, though, he might be a problem.

Brandon Chicken. Gotta watch out for he and Joey Freshwater.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Well, at least they didn't shoot him.

Another Louisiana kid.

Though, no word on it being a stolen gun, and the charge says nothing about it being related to being "on campus". Maybe he'll miss a game, but this doesn't seem like much of a crime to me, unless certain people aren't supposed to be able to use their 2nd amendment rights.

Brandon Chicken, though, he might be a problem.
Time to rest sit him for a game.

And put an APB out for Brandon Chicken.

Karl2177

The ACC is just more "new blood" than the PAC-12. Nearly half of the ACC has only been in the conference since 2004, and a big chunk of that are refugees from a conference that had to change its name 2 years ago. The PAC's membership list has been consistent since the '70s outside of the recent additions of defecting P5 school and arguably the hottest G5 school in the country at the time. The PAC has much more of a shared history and togetherness vibe than the ACC. Plus, they have about a third of the country pretty much all to themselves out West; things are pretty crowded on the East coast.

Look no further than these conversations we're talking about half a decade ago - the ACC conversation was "FSU and Clemson/Miam may leave, can the conference survive?" and the PAC conversation was "are they going to destroy another P5 conference and and pilfer the schools they want?"

In the Big XII's defense, no matter how unrealistic it was, if they weren't going to be hoping for schools like FSU, Clemson, and Louisville to defect the next level down is the ::cough:: "less than impressive" group they're working with now. With that as the alternative I think being a bit pie-in-the-sky is acceptable.
While I agree that the PAC is more stable than the ACC, I'd still say that the ACC is quite stable. When the Big East died, the ACC got the money schools for basketball.

Draxal

There is no money in basketball as the NCAA pockets all the money from the tournament. Football is the cash cow. ACC is stable because nobody wants to fuck with a GOR.

And now he is about to become the LSU head coach. Amazing how time flies.

Lane Kiffin really seems best suited to be the OC for a strong head coach instead of being a head coach. But since he keeps succeeding when working for Hall of Fame head coaches, people will keep hoping he learns through osmosis.

Slo

Hey AlteredBeast, are you ready for the Illini to roll into you building an throw up DOUBLE DIGITS against your loser squad?!

New Episode of the podcast is up

Episode 9 - Les-Less Bound and Down

We talk about racial tensions at games in the Midwest, what public access shows we'd like to see in CFB, who we'd like to replace our current coach if they were fired.

Game of the Week - Wisconsin at Michigan

Pseudo Game of the Week - Louisville at Clemson

Turd of the Week - FAU at FIU

Can find it on itunes or Here

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fuck UConn.

Ward shitting all over them.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
We made it through an entire quarter without giving up any points!

Then gave up a safety on a bumbled punt snap on the first play of the 2nd.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
4th and 24 then 4th and 31 on consecutive drives.

Not optimal.

::edit::
And 3 straight 3 and outs for the defense around those drives. I don't know who this team is.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
As soon as Mahomes went down on that run my first thought was "that's the kind of fall you take that separates your shoulder."

Then he didn't get up.

Karl2177

I'm not so sure about Texas Tech this year. I think that drive was more of a highlight of how bad Kansas is rather than how prolific Tech's offense is.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Poor auburn. Saban said that they aren't Alabama's biggest rival. Kick them while they're down.

At least with Florida FSU we each have massive main other rivals even though we're basically each other's biggest rivals. If one says they aren't, we can just claim our biggest rival was always Georgia/Miami anyway.

andycapps

Poor auburn. Saban said that they aren't Alabama's biggest rival. Kick them while they're down.

At least with Florida FSU we each have massive main other rivals even though we're basically each other's biggest rivals. If one says they aren't, we can just claim our biggest rival was always Georgia/Miami anyway.
Who did he say is their biggest rival? Tennessee?

Speaking of, any UGA or Vol fans going to Athens tonight, get a cab or Uber after you're done drinking. State patrol is having a DUI task force there. Granted, cab or Uber is always what you should do when drinking, but don't want to end up getting arrested.

mre

Who did he say is their biggest rival? Tennessee?

Speaking of, any UGA or Vol fans going to Athens tonight, get a cab or Uber after you're done drinking. State patrol is having a DUI task force there. Granted, cab or Uber is always what you should do when drinking, but don't want to end up getting arrested.
He said that the players always get more excited about the Tennessee game than any other game. He didn't wade into the "who's-our-biggest-rival" mire.

Though, obviously, that's Tennessee.

andycapps

He said that the players always get more excited about the Tennessee game than any other game. He didn't wade into the "who's-our-biggest-rival" mire.

Figured that. Sounds similar to our in state rival.

This video of Dabo playing back a Spurrier voicemail is great. Follows UGA beating Clemson at Sanford and Sakerlina losing badly to A&M.

tebunker

Banned

Its hard to drill in to people who have only been around since 2007 or the Roll Tide/weagle 30/30 ESPN thing.
UTk has always been bigger in the grand scheme.

3rd Saturday in October existed for much longer than the IB. Hell fAU refused to play the IB for years. Its cute that fAU loves to hate them some
Bammers, but who doesn't?

I get it, Bama is like the Yankees of the SEC. People forget that the Yankees/Red Sox wasn't realy a thing either until Espn needed to gin it up. This coming from a long time Sox fan. It was so one sided for most of my life I still find it hard to call it a rivalry. Sox fans just wanted a smidge of what the Yanks had. So in that regard I empathize with barners.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
4fz2c8m.png

Lunar15

Well, I'll be rooting for Georgia tomorrow. The last thing the world needs is for Tennessee to think they're all that again after beating our sorry asses.

jjasper

I have always found it funny that the people that get up in arms about UT/Bama arent Auburn fans but instead LSU fans. I guess it makes sense due to them not knowing anything about football prior to 2000.

mre

I have always found it funny that the people that get up in arms about UT/Bama arent Auburn fans but instead LSU fans. I guess it makes sense due to them not knowing anything about football prior to 2000.
This is so true. Honestly, most of the Auburn fans shrug and say they prefer the Georgia rivalry anyway.

andycapps

This is so true. Honestly, most of the Auburn fans shrug and say they prefer the Georgia rivalry anyway.
Georgia fans usually prefer the Auburn or Florida game as their rivalry game. Depends on age. If you're my age or younger, Florida is likely the main rival due to what Spurrier did in the 90's. If you're older, you remember that Florida football did in fact exist before 1990 and UGA owned them before that point. They still think of it that way.

The Deep South's Oldest Rivalry should be our biggest game of the year but we've had an easier time with Auburn than Florida for years now.

andycapps

Well, why wait, for him I mean? He can JUCO the rest of this year, and return in game 5 next year for an FBS school.
Most guys wait. What he's allegedly doing is a first, but I'm guessing this will open the floodgates for transfers now unless a rule change takes place.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

They are forever stuck with complaining about how they got shackled with Florida (i.e. the TOUGH SEC East team) while Alabama gets a creampuff in Tennessee.

But yeah, they don't understand anything from before 2000.

jfkgoblue

So TCU is voting no on expansion and Boren looking like he's wavering..

This is a trainwreck.

Boren gives 0 fucks about the Big 12, he just envies a spot in the Big Ten, and the sooner(no pun intended) that the Big 12 implodes, the better for OU.

They are forever stuck with complaining about how they got shackled with Florida (i.e. the TOUGH SEC East team) while Alabama gets a creampuff in Tennessee.

But yeah, they don't understand anything from before 2000.

Reason number 1 why they will end up with Briles instead of Herman

jjasper

If they try and hire Briles they should be kicked out of the conference (they are totally going to try and hire Briles)

andycapps

Chubb likely out for tomorrow's game against Tennessee. If he is, don't think much impact on the game. Our other RB's can be tackled behind the line of scrimmage just as well.

And if the OL decides to man up and start creating holes, I feel good about Michel, Holyfield, and Herrien. With Chubb out, I expect more runs to the outside to stretch the field, though Michel can be a between the tackles runner.

Slo

Well, why wait, for him I mean? He can JUCO the rest of this year, and return in game 5 next year for an FBS school.

Wait, so it's not that he has to sit out a season, it's literally just a calendar year? Damn. I don't know why we don't see a rash of these guys leaving in weeks 1-3 of the season when it looks like they're not gonna win the job. They can damn near play the whole next season at their next college.

I went with nothing but certified Hot Takes for picks this week.

Get ready to see Washington crowd the box on your golden boy and win that game in Husky stadium.

Georgia is supposedly losing Chubb for the game, so it'll be time to feed Michel for some sweet Volun-tears.

And Oklahoma State wins the air warfare over Texas.

Non-Hot Take: Michigan smothers Wisconsin.

I went with nothing but certified Hot Takes for picks this week.

Get ready to see Washington crowd the box on your golden boy and win that game in Husky stadium.

Georgia is supposedly losing Chubb for the game, so it'll be time to feed Michel for some sweet Volun-tears.

And Oklahoma State wins the air warfare over Texas.

Non-Hot Take: Michigan smothers Wisconsin.
1)agreed
2)I don't agree
3) agreed
4) agreed

Can i redo my podcast pick for UGA/Tenn.....
You picked UGA?

Top Bottom