• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Five: We got to see them BOTH lose!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

I knew someone was hitting the disconnect button on Andy's Discord.

You should speak up more, though, couldn't hear you. Use the microphone, it's what gathers in the sound that you make with your vocal cords and converts it into a digital form that can be uploaded into the world wide web. Hopefully it does it better than mine, as everyone keeps saying I sound like Johnny 5, just lazier.

Karl2177

Here's the pick 'em for this week. Assuming my internet doesn't cut out, I'll try to have the results from the previous week up sometime in the next hour.

https://goo.gl/forms/1qkSpZVbxP90BEf02
Deadline for this one is Friday night.

Stan@Wash
Tex@OklaSt
NW@Iowa
Miami@GT
Tenn@UGA
UNC@FSU
Wisc@Mich
OU@TCU
Utah@Cal
USF@Cin
L'ville@Clem
ASU@USC
Just a reminder. This closes up in about 2 hours. There's about 38 responses right now.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Shows the ridiculousness of Pac-12 that we are not talking about tonight's game.

Two top 10 unbeatens and we are talking about who in the SEC gets to claim Bama as a rival, lol!

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Rooting for Washington, personally. No offense to the Fighting McCaffrey's, but that conference needs to continue its power upheaval

squicken

Seems like a good atmosphere there at the stadium. Would be nice if another Pac 12 team could pull itself together so the conference got a bit more competitive. Good drive by the Huskies

Seems like a good atmosphere there at the stadium. Would be nice if another Pac 12 team could pull itself together so the conference got a bit more competitive. Good drive by the Huskies

Went to UDUB when OSU played there a while back. Nice little stadium they got there.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Watching the game with my grandad, neither of us have any investment in either team but I think we are both leaning Washington.

They are looking solid so far.

squicken

Really impressive start from UW. Figured it would be a defensive game but the Huskies offense went right through Stanford

I thought this was going to be a disappointing game but UW has shown up. I think Petersen can do some things with this program, especially with USC and Oregon down. If you can grab a few outstanding players from the West Coast, you can easily compete for the conference.

Washington playing good on Offense. but dumb penalties on D.

Stanford showing the lack of depth with the missing Corners and not having that leader like Skov/Martinez at LB. OL still getting killed.

1 loss wont kill either teams playoff chances but will need the other team to drop a game or 2 later to make the Pac-12 title game.

Huge play by the the Dawgs D there.

This keeps up and my neighborhood (about 2 miles from Husky stadium) is gonna be massive block party later tonight.

The throw was fine.. Reel that shit in.. D-end or no.. It was there.

For real. That was a straight up tackle.

And ugh, he had him on that. Clean TD otherwise whiffed by the QB.
The D needs to keep McCaffrey contained.. And they are doing well.

If huskies win this.. The only team in the way in the north is Colorado and maybe Oregon at this rate?

Furd's OL is getting killed. When they can't win in the trenches they are done
Yup.. Stanford lost on a 4 man rush with six men protecting on that sack.

You ain't winning shit with protection like that..

Cyan.. Are you loving this?

It looked catchable but I really felt like the heat and stretch were unneeded. A soft touch and that's a simple 7.
Maybe.. But it still should have been caught. It wasn't like a Bret Favre break your fingers throw. There was a little heat, but not enough for him to not be able to reel it in.

Stanford would be lucky to score tonight. might be the worst they have played since the benched Nunes for Hogan a few years ago.

Or Stanford just hate playing in the state of Washington. a few years ago the Thrusday night game at centurylink Washington beat them, lastyear McCaffery did nothing against Washington State, and should of lost the game if not for a missed FG.

Don't be cute.. Catch it..

That was less egregious than that other play so he got lucky with the flag there.

Edit- nice gadget play there Pete and shit.. Stanford is imploding

Draxal

Man, getting deja vu all over again with this game. I thought UDUB was for real, but glad it was confirmed for everybody else.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Stanford getting its shit pushed, and David Shaw looks like that dog in the burning cafe. This is fine.

Top Bottom