• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Nine: Penn State Overcomes Adversity, is Healing Now

Nah. The folks with votes don't watch all the games and I'd bet a good number who didn't catch that non-PI PI at the end will just see this as proving us not worthy of the Top 10. After the loss to OSU they'll probably punt us down to the low 20s.

*sigh*

Realistically, I'd bet on us moving to somewhere just outside the Top 10.

If OSU plays like they did the last two weeks I see you guys beating us.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
It was a prime time game though, so there have got to be a lot of eyeballs.

I do agree that the voters do tend to drop Nebraska hard when do lose any game.

By sheer attrition alone, we won't do past 10th, in my opinion. 8 and 10 both lost to non-ranked opponents.

jjasper

Looking on the bright side maybe Mike DeBoard will get fired this offseason.

Butch Jones is gone, right?
Not this year but he ha probably lost the fanbase at this point and next year will be the hot seat year where after every loss people will wonder when he is gonna get fired.

Assuming he wins the rest of his games. If not who the hell knows.

Jhriad

It was a prime time game though, so there have got to be a lot of eyeballs.

I do agree that the voters do tend to drop Nebraska hard when do lose any game.

The national media perception of Nebraska among voters isn't too dissimilar to the folks on ESPN Gameday. Sports Information Directors tend to think a little more positively of us at least.

Jamesways

By sheer attrition alone, we won't do past 10th, in my opinion. 8 and 10 both lost to non-ranked opponents.

The national media perception of Nebraska among voters isn't too dissimilar to the folks on ESPN Gameday. Sports Information Directors tend to think a little more positively of us at least.
And my hyperbole of other top B1G fan bases aside, Wisc is actually a decent threat this year. It's been shown by the rankings in general, they're the highest ranked two loss team due to how close they've played over ranked teams. So yeah, even if people on here don't want to admit it, that's a quality team Neb played. I really will be shocked if they aren't in the top 10 after the close loss.

It'll be interesting to see where Wisc will move. Probably up one or two I'm guessing. And hey, we're now bowl eligible at 6-2!
Again, not bad for a Wisc team predicted to finish 7th in the conference at the start of the year.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Took a screenshot of this lol

Why they are airing a commercial for this at 11 o'clock at night idk

screenshot_20161029-2sir0k.png

Top Bottom