• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Nine: Penn State Overcomes Adversity, is Healing Now

bpfd

What am I/aren't I supporting?

Why exactly do you think it got weird? Because I refused to say the name of a school I hate? I know you frequent 11 warriors, how many posters there spell out the name? How about tOSu's scout forum, or bucknuts?

Or is it because I tried to defend myself? Why exactly did it become weird for you? Is it because some others now want to litter their posts with *'s?

I've apologized for a lot of things in my life. One thing I won't apologize for is my passion for college football, my passion for the rivalry, or my hatred for that state and that school. Call me dumb, say I'm stupid, I don't care. It's my passion. I thought you of all people would understand. TDK understood.

If I'm off base I apologize. Like I said before, I am mostly ignored here, I tried to make a post about the current B1G championship scenario and how it affects my team. Penn State needs to lose again or TTUN needs to win out except against tOSU. I took some ribbing and that is ok. I had a mod tell me I said the stupidest thing he has ever seen in this thread. That is ok too because he doesn't understand the passion I have for this rivalry. I've had other posters put *'s in their posts because they too don't understand the rivaley.

But I expected you, the most prominent tOSU poster on the cfb thread to understand and not think that it is weird that I refused to spell out the name. I would think that you, a fan of Ohio State and a resident of Ohio, would not think that it's weird to embrace the rivalry as you know we are taught to not spell out the name. Maybe things are different down south as I expect you are from the Cincinnati area. I'm a reds fan so that's ok by me.

How am I not to be offended by your "weird" comment as it was obviously aimed towards me or the discussion started by me.

Sorry if my passion towards Ohio State or against TTUN or the fact that it spurned a discussion is weird to you.

Now I expect to be roasted for this, I don't give a damn.

Slo

In NFLGAF we just accuse each other of liking anime and post pictures of each other's QBs looking portly. This thread is much more nuanced.

bpfd

I don't like Iowa, but I'll still type it out.

That's because it is Iowa. I'm not the first person that refused to say or spell the name of that school up north. It's part of our tradition. Woody Hayes refused to say the name of that state and that school and we in Ohio are taught to do the same. At least in the parts of Ohio north of Dayton. It is part of our rivalry, part of the reason we hate each other, part of the reason it is the best rivalry in sports let alone college football.

I am embarrassed that I have to explain this in a cfb forum. Know your history.

bpfd

In NFLGAF we just accuse each other of liking anime and post pictures of each other's QBs looking portly. This thread is much more nuanced.

And that is why the NFL pales in comparison to cfb. There is no passion.

I've apologized for a lot of things in my life. One thing I won't apologize for is my passion for college football, my passion for the rivalry, or my hatred for that state and that school. Call me dumb, say I'm stupid, I don't care. It's my passion. I thought you of all people would understand. TDK understood.

Holy shit, buck. The Dark Knight understands and you still don't get it? You're the worst Ohio State fan ever.

cdyhybrid

Fuck Baylor

a6HlkJl.png

bpfd

Holy shit, buck. The Dark Knight understands and you still don't get it? You're the worst Ohio State fan ever.

Tdk was an Ohio state poster who was banned years ago. I guess I have lurked for too long and expect people to know who came before.

I suspect buck knows who he was.

I'm not sure who you are though. What is your school affiliation?

Tdk was an Ohio state poster who was banned years ago. I guess I have lurked for too long and expect people to know who came before.

I suspect buck knows who he was.

I'm not sure who you are though. What is your school affiliation?

The Fighting Blue Hose of Presbyterian College

Why exactly do you think it got weird? Because I refused to say the name of a school I hate? I know you frequent 11 warriors, how many posters there spell out the name? How about tOSu's scout forum, or bucknuts?

Or is it because I tried to defend myself? Why exactly did it become weird for you? Is it because some others now want to litter their posts with *'s?

If I'm off base I apologize. Like I said before, I am mostly ignored here, I tried to make a post about the current B1G championship scenario and how it affects my team. Penn State needs to lose again or TTUN needs to win out except against tOSU. I took some ribbing and that is ok. I had a mod tell me I said the stupidest thing he has ever seen in this thread. That is ok too because he doesn't understand the passion I have for this rivalry. I've had other posters put *'s in their posts because they too don't understand the rivaley.

But I expected you, the most prominent tOSU poster on the cfb thread to understand and not think that it is weird that I refused to spell out the name. I would think that you, a fan of Ohio State and a resident of Ohio, would not think that it's weird to embrace the rivalry as you know we are taught to not spell out the name. Maybe things are different down south as I expect you are from the Cincinnati area. I'm a reds fan so that's ok by me.

How am I not to be offended by your "weird" comment as it was obviously aimed towards me or the discussion started by me.

Sorry if my passion towards Ohio State or against TTUN or the fact that it spurned a discussion is weird to you.

Now I expect to be roasted for this, I don't give a damn.

No, you do you. I have no qualms if someone wants to do that with michigan, ill refer to them at the TTUN on here sometimes.

I think its weird youre typing these diatribes. You say you lurk here, then you know this community has always given each other playful shit over everything. No ones being cruel or out here trying to get you, youre getting a ribbing. Every single person here has been "called out" or given shit over something, like look at Cyan he cant help he smells of corndogs. But he rolls with and has adapted to only working at traveling fair stand. Or mre, when his wolfpack fell on tough times he decided to roll his bandwagon in to Tuscaloosa.

Also im not from southern ohio, i have lived my entire life in Columbus. I went to Ohio State I was involved with the football team during my time at Ohio State, so lets not question my "passion"

bpfd

No, you do you. I have no qualms if someone wants to do that with michigan, ill refer to them at the TTUN on here sometimes.

I think its weird youre typing these diatribes. You say you lurk here, then you know this community has always given each other playful shit over everything. No ones being cruel or out here trying to get you, youre getting a ribbing.

Also im not from southern ohio, i have lived my entire life in Columbus. I went to Ohio State I was involved with the football team during my time at Ohio State, so lets not question my "passion"

I apologize for thinking you may have been from cincitucky. I may get on my high horse sometimes, it's a quality that has held me back in my professional life. Ribbing I'm ok with. I can dish it out, I can take it. I was only offended by your weird comment. I may have taken it the wrong way.

Yes I have lurked and I have chimed in as well. I have always gone after that Australian guy, but it's always in good fun. I just want to be more active here as I feel I have lurked to long.

So ********'s for everybody here. I will never show that school respect and I am ready to take shit for it.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
You know that team up north is one of the best schools academically in the country?

This isn't Baylor or Penn St or even the Washington Redskins we are talking about. It is a respectable school who you have a rivalry with. Nobody on here will ever give you street cred for not typing the word Michigan, you know that, right?

bpfd

You know that team up north is one of the best schools academically in the country?

This isn't Baylor or Penn St or even the Washington Redskins we are talking about. It is a respectable school who you have a rivalry with. Nobody on here will ever give you street cred for not typing the word Michigan, you know that, right?

Don't care. The entire state smells like hotdog water. Their entire football history was built with players from Ohio. I don't need street cred. They blow. If you want to start an academic college thread I'll give them some respect. Maybe.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Maybe I should have pushed harder on the OSUn losing to Penn State angle. I see that I have failed to do so adequately.

Listens to podcast, doesn't know Az's team.

But at least he hasn't talked about his kids or craft beer yet.

bpfd

Every fanbase has these dumb things they do that are annoying to people who aren't from that school, whether it's A&M fans talking about "t-sips" or Michigan fans talking about CUM or fans of the bad SEC schools going "SECSECSEC" when one of the good schools in their conference wins something. Or Georgia Tech fans defending chop blocks. Hell I'll still say "stanfurd" once in a while.

A few people always show up with this stuff every season and then people give them shit over it and usually they get the message that they're just annoying people and they cut it out. It's kinda unusual to go on diatribes about how really this is because of being passionate or whatever. Like, other people* in here are passionate but they somehow manage to rein in the obnoxious stuff.

*not me

Well I respectfully don't care if anyone thinks it's obnoxious. It's who I am. I'm old enough to not care what other fanbases think about me. The only time I got upset in this entire thread was when I thought I was being disrespected by one of my own.

I'm not going to change who I am because it was how I was brought up. If fans from that school don't like it, they can beat my team if they can.

Honestly it is part of our rivalry. Yes it is the greatest rivalry in sports and it is a passion. Our States fought a war against each other so it goes deeper than most. I get that people don't like it or find it annoying. But if I was a more respected or a more visual poster I wouldn't have caught nearly as much flack for it.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Every fanbase has these dumb things they do that are annoying to people who aren't from that school, whether it's A&M fans talking about "t-sips" or Michigan fans talking about CUM or fans of the bad SEC schools going "SECSECSEC" when one of the good schools in their conference wins something. Or Georgia Tech fans defending chop blocks. Hell I'll still say "stanfurd" once in a while.

A few people always show up with this stuff every season and then people give them shit over it and usually they get the message that they're just annoying people and they cut it out. It's kinda unusual to go on diatribes about how really this is because of being passionate or whatever. Like, other people* in here are passionate but they somehow manage to rein in the obnoxious stuff.

*not me

Hey, we can't all be Nebraska fans, the most polite and educated fans in college football.*

*Hey, ESPN said it, not me.**

** Ok, I said it, too.

Tonight I learned that you can be from Ohio, of all places, and still look down on other states.

I laughed harder at this than I should have. :)

bpfd

Maybe I should have pushed harder on the OSUn losing to Penn State angle. I see that I have failed to do so adequately.

Listens to podcast, doesn't know Az's team.

But at least he hasn't talked about his kids or craft beer yet.

It was a joke.

I didn't expect to come back in this thread and find Buckeyes fans rooting for Michigan.

Possibly the most disturbing thing I've read in over 10 years of GAF.

Draxal

Tonight I learned that you can be from Ohio, of all places, and still look down on other states.

Every state looks down on every state or other areas in that state.

Like how every proper North Jerseryite thinks South Jersey should be renamed Northern Alabama.

bpfd

I didn't expect to come back in this thread and find Buckeyes fans rooting for Michigan.

Possibly the most disturbing thing I've read in over 10 years of GAF.

You're right. Instead of rooting for them to win, I just need to root for you to lose. That doesn't leave quite as bad of a taste in my mouth.

I apologize for thinking you may have been from cincitucky. I may get on my high horse sometimes, it's a quality that has held me back in my professional life. Ribbing I'm ok with. I can dish it out, I can take it. I was only offended by your weird comment. I may have taken it the wrong way.

Yes I have lurked and I have chimed in as well. I have always gone after that Australian guy, but it's always in good fun. I just want to be more active here as I feel I have lurked to long.

So ********'s for everybody here. I will never show that school respect and I am ready to take shit for it.
Cincitucky. That's cute. You even shit on people from your own state. Continue.

Slo

Wow, when you really boil it down to Ohio and Florida picking the President every year you can make a great case for overhauling the system.

JCX

Well here we go. I ran out of liquor last night. No way I'm gonna watch this MSU-Michigan game unaided.

Top Bottom