• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Offseason: We're Not a Football School Anyway

El_Chino

Knoxville over anywhere in Florida?!

giphy.gif

andycapps

You're from the state that has my favorite city, so I'll let you make it.
It is a great city. Hoping to make it back there in a couple weeks for a short vacation to see the family.

I wonder if UGA would let me watch summer practice if I tell them I'm on a podcast. :jnc

You're right, lets talk about Arby's

PastedGraphic-5-1.jpg

Go there now and get one of these promotional limited time sandwiches. That bacon is super thicc, sweet, with a little bit of smokeyness that is unlike any bacon i've tried before. The sandwich on the top right is probably the best Arbys sandwich I've had in my life. That is all

andycapps

You're right, lets talk about Arby's

PastedGraphic-5-1.jpg

Go there now and get one of these promotional limited time sandwiches. That bacon is super thicc, sweet, with a little bit of smokeyness that is unlike any bacon i've tried before. The sandwich on the top right is probably the best Arbys sandwich I've had in my life. That is all

Hold up a second. Is bacon the only meat on the sandwich on the left? I mean, I know it is, but that looks like a lot of bacon. Hmm.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Jalen could have at least tried to complete a handful of 5-15 yarders that last game. Would have been swell.

Jalen could have at least tried to complete a handful of 5-15 yarders that last game. Would have been swell.

Nigga hardly played great, but there were at least 6 dropped passes (and a weird intercepted screen by OJ), at least 3 of which would've been first downs. In a game where they struggled to move the chains and one or two first downs maybe wins it, that's killer.

Not saying you're saying this, but I hate when he gets all the blame for that loss. It was a team effort.

andycapps

Nigga hardly played great, but there were at least 6 dropped passes (and a weird intercepted screen by OJ), at least 3 of which would've been first downs. In a game where they struggled to move the chains and one or two first downs maybe wins it, that's killer.

Not saying you're saying this, but I hate when he gets all the blame for that loss. It was a team effort.
Jalen really hampered them though as teams could sell out to pack the box since he was so little of a threat from more than 10 yards out. Single coverage would be completely fine against him. When you're going up against a strong defense like Clemson that's a recipe for disaster.

Was it all on him? Obviously Kiffin was the OC and QB coach so it's ultimately his and Saban's responsibility.

Week 1 games got some nice match ups

Michigan vs Florida

Florida State vs Alabama

BYU vs LSU

Texas A&M vs UCLA

There's quite a few p5 v. p5 matchups in week 1. Ohio St. v. Indiana is the first Big 10 conference game of the year. the SEC used to have a conference matchup in week 1 but for some reason that isn't happening this year

Jalen really hampered them though as teams could sell out to pack the box since he was so little of a threat from more than 10 yards out. Single coverage would be completely fine against him. When you're going up against a strong defense like Clemson that's a recipe for disaster.

Was it all on him? Obviously Kiffin was the OC and QB coach so it's ultimately his and Saban's responsibility.

Jalen won all his games with Kiffin coaching iirc. He's a QB whisperer

There's quite a few p5 v. p5 matchups in week 1. Ohio St. v. Indiana is the first Big 10 conference game of the year. the SEC used to have a conference matchup in week 1 but for some reason that isn't happening this year

Jalen won all his games with Kiffin coaching iirc. He's a QB whisperer

I can't even remember the last time we played a big 10 opponent before week 3 or 4. And that games on a Thursday No less. Oh well 5 day weekend for me!

Kiffin wasn't there. Sark was the genius who abandoned the run when we were averaging well above 5 yards a clip, even without Bo.

I'm not excusing Jalen's playoff performance. It was bad. The offenses struggle against Washington was almost completely on him (and Kiffin being checked out). But the offense's struggle against Clemson was a total team effort. The aforementioned dropped passes (Calvin, OJ, ArDarius and Dieter all dropped at least one pass that would've moved the chains on third down), stupid penalties (loved Cam to death, but his false start when we were about to score after recovering a fumble in Clemson's territory was crippling), and horrendous playcalling (Sark completely forgot we had another 5* RB and Joshua Jacobs on the sideline, both of whom had gashed Clemson, even with them selling out to stop the run) doomed the team as much as Jalen's passing inadequacies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Nope

Slow release, slow arms, high passes, tipped passes at the line and deep passes were 5 yards too deep. Even the 2 drops that could possibly be on the WR (Gehrig's and Stewarts on the sideline) are thrown behind for 1 and at his knees from 8 yards away on 2. Calvin's 2 drops that I could see were low, or a blooper screen pass that was doomed to be a TFL, and the drop pass probably saved them 2 yards.

His worst game of the year and it's indisputable. I even wonder if Bo tweeked his knee on that awkward screen pass that was thrown too far in front of him @ 10 seconds in.

andycapps

Nope

Slow release, slow arms, high passes, tipped passes at the line and deep passes were 5 yards too deep. Even the 2 drops that could possibly be on the WR (Gehrig's and Stewarts on the sideline) are thrown behind for 1 and at his knees from 8 yards away on 2.

His worst game of the year and it's indisputable. I even wonder if Bo tweeked his knee on that awkward screen pass that was thrown too far in front of him @ 10 seconds in.
He was bad all year, he was just able to get away with it against lesser opponents. Sorry Washington.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
He was bad all year, he was just able to get away with it against lesser opponents. Sorry Washington.
That's a bit too far. His passing wasn't bad. It was mediocre; average. And Jalen deserves a shit ton of credit for Alabama's success last year, he just shouldn't be hyped up for the Heisman. At all.

Top Bottom