• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 14 - Last Chance (For Chaos)

andycapps

So i officially own a home now.... I have never signed so many papers in my life.

Hooray im in debt now!

Congratulations! Grass is always greener, but I couldn't go back to the days of worrying about if my music, games, or movies are too loud.. Or hearing the neighbors upstairs getting it on. Which isn't always bad but when it's all the time and it's above your newborn daughter's room, it can be bad.

cdyhybrid

This is just step one in Coach Pete's plan to bring down the SEC.

Eason will flip to UW on Signing Day and lead us to 4 straight MNCs.

Oops, still drinking coffee. Had Jacksonville on my mind since UGA plays them there and will be going to the bowl game there. We'll also be without our head coach, offensive coordinator, and defensive coordinator. In fact, nobody knows who will be calling the offense or defense. Should be fun!

Our QB coach took over the head coach spot for our bowl game after Sark left! Although he was a school legend.

We won though!

andycapps

This is just step one in Coach Pete's plan to bring down the SEC.

Eason will flip to UW on Signing Day and lead us to 4 straight MNCs.

Our QB coach took over the head coach spot for our bowl game after Sark left! Although he was a school legend.

We won though!

I think you nailed it. Eason to UW on signing day.

They actually named the OC and DC since I typed that. It'll be our tight ends coach calling the offense, and he actually called the bowl game after Bobo left last year. Really, he's a huge improvement on Schottenheimer. Brian Sherrer (LB coach) is being retained by Smart and will be DC for the bowl game. Should be fine, really on that aspect.. I'm assuming grad assistants will be filling in for coaches in practice since I think only around 5 will still be around.

cashman

Banned
Really great article written by Tom Herman explaining his through process.

http://www.campusrush.com/tom-herman-houston-cougars-head-coach-education-1336562958.html

I posted this a few weeks ago, but mainly it was just to highlight one thing from the article which I'll do again.

When I was the offensive coordinator at Rice in 2007, there was an elite quarterback coming out of Stratford High in Houston. He made it very clear: If Texas didn't offer him a football scholarship, he was going to go to an academically minded school.

That quarterback was Andrew Luck.

Thanks again Mack.

BeerGoogles

Neo Member
Looks like we lost QB commit Seth Green, which makes me think there's a good chance Oregon will have another graduate transfer next year (Dakota Prukop). On the upside though, we lured QB Tristen Wallace from Ohio State and and got a commit from a WR named Eddie McDoom, whose name is badass.

EDIT: who the fuck makes a roast as a snack

Dakota Prukop to Oregon official. Looks like he'll be able to join the team in January. No math getting in the way this time!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe Griffith can at least get us through next year, and hopefully the next kicker recruit pans out.

Thought I also saw mention that Prukop was considering Bama. Glad he went elsewhere, we don't need another one and done QB. Next year will be the 4th QB in as many years. Hopefully Barnett is ready after redshirting this year.

Lunar15

We have a kicker again!

W447

Let's just hope he performs under pressure. I've heard he has little actual game experience. Still, nothing can be worse than Hardin in the field goal department.

Some rumblings on 9.95 sites that Kyler Murray is not at all happy at A&M and he too might transfer.

He just changed his twitter background from A&M back to his old highschool alma. Something is going on...

edit: I keep thinking this is the offseason ( since I'm a Texas fan ), but I just realized that aggy may be forced to use a 3rd string QB in their bowl game if Kyler walks.

ag-my001

Yep, Finebaum reposted some radio jockey that Allen was told that their OC may not be back next year and that he's going to WVU.
I don't like the sound of "may not be back"; I'm ready to try someone new. The problems of finding a new OC when half the sport is getting new coaching staffs: everyone is moving.

It could be that Murray's father didn't like the recent trend of benching the starter when things started going a little rough. Not good for confidence or locker room morale. I think our next big QB recruit is 2017, so I don't see anyone breathing down Kyler's neck next season.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
He just changed his twitter background from A&M back to his old highschool alma. Something is going on...

edit: I keep thinking this is the offseason ( since I'm a Texas fan ), but I just realized that aggy may be forced to use a 3rd string QB in their bowl game if Kyler walks.

I did hear some rumblings about Murray possibly wanting to leave as well even back when the Allen news first broke, but honestly, given the stories about him being a bit of a, lets say, "dramatic character," you may not want to read too much into the twitter thing.

Many Tech fans have learned to not worry too much about our own dramatic character, Nigel Bethel, overhauling his profile to all non-Tech stuff and posting something cryptic.

::edit::
Comment from the /cfb thread about the Murray thing, from a Texas/LSU fan - "After the first two did it, technically it was a tradition; third guy wouldn't have had a choice." :jnc

Congratulations to 247 sports founder. He worked hard, and the American dream rewarded him.

Lesson here is: Work hard and you will get paid.

Just like Chris Ash is working hard for Rutgers by using Ohio State as a stepping stool to showcase his Shocking Firepower Defense.

Draxal

Congratulations to 247 sports founder. He worked hard, and the American dream rewarded him.

Lesson here is: Work hard and you will get paid.

Just like Chris Ash is working hard for Rutgers by using Ohio State as a stepping stool to showcase his Shocking Firepower Defense.

Wasn't the 247 sports founder the same guy who founded rivals and started 247 when they were bought out?

Alright, since I hadn't seen one anywhere, I started a bowl pick 'em.

NEOGAF CFB PICK 'EM
Group ID# 14420

Quote to see password

e: thanks, buck

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Wasn't the 247 sports founder the same guy who founded rivals and started 247 when they were bought out?
Yes. Shannon Terry. Goes by Lucky.

Edit: and I'm not sure if he founded Rivals or just Bama Online, which he sold to Rivals for a time before buying it back and taking it to 247sports, which he did found.

Edit 2: they've also had a long-term agreement to supply content to CBSsports.com, so this isn't that surprising.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
W447

Let's just hope he performs under pressure. I've heard he has little actual game experience. Still, nothing can be worse than Hardin in the field goal department.
well, he spent time here, and Alabama is stocked with Kicker's Kryptonite, so ya'll screwed.

Silkworm

http://mlkshk.com/r/W447[IMG]

Let's just hope he performs under pressure. I've heard he has little actual game experience. Still, nothing can be worse than Hardin in the field goal department.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Pineiro is currently a JUCO player who's playing soccer on a soccer scholarship. He's only kicked a few times in high school AFAIK. However he did well enough in some football kicking drills that Saban wanted him on his team, so that's good enough for me. The added bonus is Pineiro hasn't kicked a football at the JUCO level so he has 4 years of eligibility for playing on the Gator football team. :-)

ag-my001

Amazing. Does Kyle Allen try to get back on the team now? Probably not I'm guessing.
Has rollbamaroll ever run a meltdown thread without any games being played? I'm tempted to check what insanity is going on at Texags right now.

Tempted, only. I'll let someone else stare into that abyss for me.

Has rollbamaroll ever run a meltdown thread without any games being played? I'm tempted to check what insanity is going on at Texags right now.

Tempted, only. I'll let someone else stare into that abyss for me.
shaggy texas posters will sometimes post highlights from texags so i dont ever have to venture over there
pQrn3k3.png

ryseing

A&M, even at their height with Manziel and everything didn't even win their division, right? Not even the division, IIRC!

Which is why I always found it baffling that Sumlin kept getting mentioned for higher profile jobs.

He really hasn't accomplished shit at TAMU besides beating Bama once.

cashman

Banned
Manziel and the Alabama game, basically gave Sumlin 4 years of momentum while Texas was floundering and they just squander it.

andycapps

Which is why I always found it baffling that Sumlin kept getting mentioned for higher profile jobs.

He really hasn't accomplished shit at TAMU besides beating Bama once.

It's because they don't have much of a defense, though their defense this year was the best they've had recently.. They finished 29th.

Top Bottom