• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! March |OT| Girls, Girls, Girls of Spring Break!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Are the backups in Before Watchmen all the same, or does each issue have different backups featuring Crimson Corsair? That's kinda confusing.

Dick should be Nightwing; Jason should be a glass encased memorial; Tim as Robin only works now if you take away all the sh*t that happened to make him "grow up"; Damian I honestly believe doesn't have much of a future left; Barbara should be Oracle, and able to walk but with crutches; Cass and Steph should team up as the Batgirls and have fun girly adventures with Barb as their mentor.

Carrie Kelly should only exist in TDKR.

tumblrm0lnb5zzdx1r1069oo1500.gif

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It's not about who's the best Robin though, I love Tim Drake but he makes things needlessly confusing. Robin shouldn't be a legacy character.

I think the problem is that losing the Robins would have completely broken Morrison's in-progress run, especially since it was one of the more successful runs in recent years. Don't fix what ain't broke and all that.

And Robin does work really well as a legacy character. Kids grow up fast, so having a bunch of kid Robins makes a kind of sense. And I think that the Robins are some of the most interesting parts of the Batman universe if you think of them as a kind of family. Morrison would touch on it occasionally too, this idea of all these sons and brothers of Batman. I'd love it if someone would take this idea and run with it properly like they've been flirting with for a few years now.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
what the fuck? Get out of here with that wrong opinion! Tim Drake or no dice.

I do like like how Tim is a blend of Nightwing and Batman. He has a sharp mind but also a very capable fighter. You could make him Red Robin again but then you really just have Nightwing jr. As Robin, he has the Bat family to play against and is a contrast to Batman.

Kill Damien and put Tim back in with Bruce in a teacher/student capacity or evolve their relationship to equals/partners.

I'm not trying to pick on you or anything since you're a great poster with a great avatar, but the bolded makes me laugh. Is there any superhero that isn't a capable fighter or doesn't have a sharp mind? It would kinda be interesting actually, a superhero who could fight really well but was dumb as a bag of hammers.

But yeah, I understand that Tim is meant to be a great detective and all that, but it's really only because they keep telling us he is. Because all the other heroes are just as good at detecting, when you think about it. They all catch the baddie, use their smarts and then kick some heads in....

just an interesting thought that came to me while reading your post. We need more dumbasses or spaz handed fighters. Diversity!

So I see we are arguing Robins?

Well all I'm saying Tim is heir apparent for a reason!

On a serious note I love how Robin in Young Justice is based on Tim by design.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Venom Circle of Four ending exceeded expectations. Completely transcended its kooky premise. What more is there to say about Tony Moore?

Alan Moore interviews and everyone's reactions are always so fascinating. There's always people attacking him out of nowhere, and then there's all the people who will jump at a moment's notice to defend him for a variety of reasons.

HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE!!! :D

EmpoweredDeluxeV2.jpg

EMPOWERED DELUXE EDITION VOLUME II HC
Adam Warren (W/A)

On sale Aug 29
b&w&FC, 656 pages
$59.99
HC, 6 1/2" x 9"

Behold, fools! Yet another towering stockpile of much-vaunted Sexy Superhero Comedy looms nigh! Adam Warren’s Empowered Deluxe Edition Volume II collects betwixt its Covers Most Hard every scintilla of silliness, sensuality, and sporadic seriousness contained within Empowered volumes 4, 5, and 6! This colossal cornucopia further boasts a bounteous bevy of rarely seen bonus treasures galore, such as Sketches Most Saucy, Artwork Unpublished, Vainglorious Notes from the Auteur, and far more still! Release your inner Demonwolf, mortals . . . IF YOU DARE!

• Hardcover edition, 656 pages, limited to one printing!

• Adam Warren’s work on The Dirty Pair is well known to US comics readers and OEL manga fans.

• Shrink wrapped to keep the hotness hot!

“As far as ‘sexy superhero comedies’ go, Empowered is tops.” —iFanboy
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dark-horse-june-2012-solicitations.html

To Amazon! >:D

i still dont get why alan moore thinks he got screwed when he signed a contract saying he'd get the rights to watchmen if it went out of print and it never went out of print and he never got the rights to watchmen

My ass is beat. 13 hours yesterday, 12 hours today, god knows how many hours I'll have to put in tomorrow.

No time for love Doctor Jones.

My indie picks for the week:

Gold Digger #136
bhsxq.jpg

Mega Man #11
gWrs6.jpg

Glory #24
xOOj1.jpg

Saga #1
e5quR.jpg

Peter Panzerfaust #2
4L27k.jpg

Time to go fall on my bed, because I'm not ready to fall on my sword just yet. It's close though. =_=;

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
My favorite crossover doesn't exist yet, it's going to be Exiled, the JiM/New Mutants crossover starting in a couple months.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
im actually gonna have to think about this...because COIE is the only one coming to mind...

oh wait, i thought of one

Amalgam-Comics-Identity-War-amalgam-comics-24619450-650-999.jpg

not real i know, but the universe it came from was the most fun i had in a crossover. minus fucking lobo the duck, i had every issue. and it cleaned the stank that was bloodlines out of my mind. AoA too, but not so much

woodypop

Eschewing what's already been mentioned (because really, CoIE will never be replicated or surpassed), I fondly remember

152dobtao2.jpg

I'm generally not a huge fan of Simonson's, but I really liked his work in this book. He does a great Deathstroke!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
is that the one where they live in a combined world for a short while? thats one of my favorite panels in comics. although i know it had to end, i didnt want it to.
Yup that's the one, JLA/Avengers. There's even Hawkeye calling the JLA "Squadron Supreme knockoffs"!

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Yup that's the one, JLA/Avengers. There's even Hawkeye calling the JLA "Squadron Supreme knockoffs"!

yeah and batman telling cap ok you can beat me...but do you want to?? *awkward silence* then the fight averted

for the love of God YES batman you ass hole , he wins a fight on pure assholery ...classic.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Everyone, what's your favorite crossover? Go!

Only one answer, if you've not chosen it then you've not read it:

JLA_One_Million_TP.jpg

DC ONE MILLION

It's not just one crossover, it's at least 5 in one. Every book DC published across a whole month, well over 50 titles. On one hand, it's simply another great arc in Morrison's JLA series. But then you have the reverberations across the whole line. Not one but two Batman stories running concurrently, one set in the past and the other in the future. Superman travelling through the strange world of the far tomorrow. The JLA face incredible tests in a twisted far flung olympiad! The rise of solaris! A plan executed across the millennia! Resurrection Man, the greatest hero of all time! The fate of Superman Prime! Young Heroes in Love, the surprise emotional coda to the story!

The whole thing is just masterfully executed and is both a wonderful set of stories and a fascinating look at comics at the turn of the century.

That it's never been collected properly (ie, in order and in full) is a crime, robbing future generations of the true King of Crossovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom