• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! March |OT| Girls, Girls, Girls of Spring Break!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
unless it's being printed in high gloss paper or something else suitable, this is a no buy... I'll be fine with my black and white 10 dollar books. those colors are just plain ugly.

He sure fooled you, I guess! So funny how he mixed those things up on purpose, and then announced that he knew it all along! Ha ha, what a card!

What a great, great user TTOB is. He's surely not a total loser!

LLShC.gif

Owzers

I've never read scott pilgrim...but i didn't like the movie.

Do i want to buy these hardcovers? Is the book and movie pretty similar?

Unrelated news, i read the alternate reality Rorschach story in Halcyon. It was mostly good but has plot points that infuriate me as a rational human being. I don't like Saberschach. It was worth reading though, and the fact that i wanted to read all 5 issues yesterday in a row in between trying to plod through a slow dull Spider-Island....says at least it was entertaining.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I borrowed the first 2 Scott Pilgrims from my bro and they sucked. Then the movie sucked. Fuck Scott Pilgrim.

kswiston

If you didn't like the movie, you probably wouldn't like the Scott Pilgrim GNs. They are pretty similar. The GNs expand the plot quite a bit, and take place over the course of a year and a half instead of 2-3 weeks (which does make certain plot points more believable), but the movie had the same tone as the books. Many of the lines in the movie are direct quotes of the comic series.

notworksafe

He sure fooled you, I guess! So funny how he mixed those things up on purpose, and then announced that he knew it all along! Ha ha, what a card!

What a great, great user TTOB is. He's surely not a total loser!
And I thought the Gaming side was home to all of GAF's butthurt. Sheesh...

And I thought the Gaming side was home to all of GAF's butthurt. Sheesh...

WE GOTTA GO TO CHICAGO NWS! WE GOTTA GO!

The road trip will be like a can of vienna sausages with wheels!

A comic shop run by comic creators, with interior decorating by comic creators! :O

Skipping on Gem City today. As much as I want to meet Larry Hama all my homies are working or married and I don't want to take a road trip sans friends. :(

Maybe tomorrow. . .

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
WE GOTTA GO TO CHICAGO NWS! WE GOTTA GO!

The road trip will be like a can of vienna sausages with wheels!

A comic shop run by comic creators, with interior decorating by comic creators! :O

Skipping on Gem City today. As much as I want to meet Larry Hama all my homies are working or married and I don't want to take a road trip sans friends. :(

Maybe tomorrow. . .
Vienna sausages are fucking disgusting.

Tizoc

Daredevil #10 was fantastic.

TF: Robots in Disguise #3 was good too, I think it's my fav. TF book along with Autocracy.

TMNT #8 was really good too.

Atomic Robo was awesome-
FW0hu.jpg

...Robo met BRUCE LEE?! This series keeps on delivering X3

tm24

I still think my favorite atomic robo panel is the one where the origin for alternating current is revealed. I laughed pretty hard for about 15 minutes

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Yup. Adding Atomic Robo to my too long "To Read" list. I read the first issue of it free on Comixology and thought it was good but didn't inspire digging further into it. Rapterface on the other hand...

e: dang these are kinda expensive even on Amazon.

kswiston

Finally read Secret Avengers 22-24.

Remender writes a good Beast, but his Hawkeye seems to be more of a dick than normal. Overall, I thought the books were good reads. Looking forward to seeing Venom actually interact with the team.

Also, Marvel sure has a lot of synthetic and ultra evolved races. You'd think one of them would have managed to overthrow humanity at this point.

ElNarez

Banned
Finally read Secret Avengers 22-24.

Remender writes a good Beast, but his Hawkeye seems to be more of a dick than normal. Overall, I thought the books were good reads. Looking forward to seeing Venom actually interact with the team.

Also, Marvel sure has a lot of synthetic and ultra evolved races. You'd think one of them would have managed to overthrow humanity at this point.

he's laying it on fairly thick with the redemption arc, yeah.

Alucard

Banned
Picked this up for 2.99 off a clearance pile:

375127_10151455184955174_704735173_23602941_2092562045_n.jpg

I've never read any FF stories, and have always thought they were a little cheesy or uninteresting, but this has changed my mind. I know this version of them only went 60 issues. What's been happening in FF lately (outside of Johnny dying), and what was the general consensus on Ultimate FF?

P.S. Daredevil #10 was another solid issue of DD. Funny that Mole Man was the villain in DD this month, and he's the villain in the FF volume I picked up too.

Nesotenso

Picked this up for 2.99 off a clearance pile:

375127_10151455184955174_704735173_23602941_2092562045_n.jpg

I've never read any FF stories, and have always thought they were a little cheesy or uninteresting, but this has changed my mind. I know this version of them only went 60 issues. What's been happening in FF lately (outside of Johnny dying), and what was the general consensus on Ultimate FF?

P.S. Daredevil #10 was another solid issue of DD. Funny that Mole Man was the villain in DD this month, and he's the villain in the FF volume I picked up too.

I hate the Ultimate version because Reed is the big bad now. Ultimate FF started off well but it kinda got worse as it went on.

I am loving what Hickman is doing right now and hope we get an eventual omnibus of his run.

I love the Ultimate version because Reed is the big bad now. And it was Hickman's idea. Basically, Hickman is writing Regular Reed as one of the coolest, most likable heroes ever, and is writing Ultimate Reed as one of the coolest, most likable villains ever.

I love the Ultimate version because Reed is the big bad now. And it was Hickman's idea. Basically, Hickman is writing Regular Reed as one of the coolest, most likable heroes ever, and is writing Ultimate Reed as one of the coolest, most likable villains ever.

Except for the part where Hickman has no involvement with Ultimate Fantastic Four. :|

COMICS!

Unfortunately the comic shop had no Atomic Robo trades. :(

kswiston

Except for the part where Hickman has no involvement with Ultimate Fantastic Four. :|

COMICS!

Hickman wrote Ultimate Reed Richards in part of Ultimate Fallout and in his current Ultimates run. I thought Bendis made Ultimate Reed a villain, but I stopped reading Ultimate Marvel after Ultimatum, so all of my knowledge is second hand.

ReiGun

I am amazed there's no Killing Joke, but it's no sweat off my back since I own the trade.

Ended up getting Gotham Central, Man who Laughs, Death in the Family, DKR, and DC 826 (sorry Bandit. I like Robin. :p)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I've been meaning to check out Atomic Robo for awhile now, but Amazon was out of stock for the first trade for some time. Now I see it's back although at a bit of a price hike. I'll have to grab it now. Those panels from the latest issue are pretty fun.

PREVIEW: ULTIMATE COMICS ULTIMATES #2

The Ultimate Fantastic Four are long gone, and Hickman is using Reed as the Maker, the main villain in his new Ultimates series, which only started last year. Its fantastic, and you should all read it.

Yes, this is quite a leap from the Millar Ultimate Fantastic Four. Which is what the previous poster picked up.

The Ultimate line is just redundant. This is why Marvel went ahead with Ultimatum, killed off redundant Peter Parker, and why the Ultimate 2.0 attempt is such a mess.

So far as Hickman is concerned he is doing a great job on the actual Fantastic Four comic. If only Marvel would have kept the artistic talent consistent on the title. :(

jaxword

I hate the Ultimate version because Reed is the big bad now. Ultimate FF started off well but it kinda got worse as it went on.

I am loving what Hickman is doing right now and hope we get an eventual omnibus of his run.

Evil Reed is probably the most interesting thing they've done with Richards in years. Ultimate FF started off well then turned terrible, making him snap was definitely a fresh take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom