• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Preacher finale was better than the previous two episodes, but still quite a weak season tbh

RsBLFGa.jpg

Saw the new Star Trek. It was great!!! Want a comic following Jaylah if she isn't going to be in the next movie. Her outfit at the end was really nice.

Despite all the talk about it here, I never looked at Invincible, I thought it was a generic take on the teenage hero. But... I just read issue 118 that is free on Comixology. It is good, really good (I have sin to ignore it). I do not know if I should start from its beginning or just jump at that arc, with they living on the alien planet...

Well, I have to wait for another sale anyway...

Owzers

Despite all the talk about it here, I never looked at Invincible, I thought it was a generic take on the teenage hero. But... I just read issue 118 that is free on Comixology. It is good, really good (I have sin to ignore it). I do not know if I should start from its beginning or just jump at that arc, with they living on the alien planet...

I say all of it, it's a great series that's built from the start.

Zatanna figure is in my dcbs next shipment. Soon...

smisk

Sheriff of Babylon isn't ending. King just said this past week that it's supposed to be about 60 issues in total.

Glad to hear! Kept seeing that it was gonna be 10 or 12, but wasn't sure if they'd be able to wrap things up in that time.

On an unrelated note, I'm getting more interested in Rebirth after hearing all the positive buzz. If I was only gonna get a couple books from it, which would you guys recommend?

we all kind of stumbled around in shock for a few weeks does that count

I guess we don't know the full extend of what it all means until the next issue comes out but this is probably the first Remender book where I feel a little conflicted (I haven't read Axis LOL), but in a good way?

I legitimately felt a sense of loss.

I guess we don't know the full extend of what it all means until the next issue comes out but this is probably the first Remender book where I feel a little conflicted (I haven't read Axis LOL), but in a good way?

I legitimately felt a sense of loss.
He did an interview with CBR a while ago about it so we know what happened and what's next. Sounds rad.

Zombine

Banned
I dig the valiant stuff I've read. It's that weird feeling when you try a Great Value product and you enjoy it more than a brand name though.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Evan Narcisse wrote an article about the current state of X-Men comics.

Every so often, there are individual character moments that land well in a particular issue but by and large, the thrill of reading Marvel’s mutant-centric comics has faded. I’m still enjoying the odd moment or line of dialogue but the aggregate offering doesn’t feel like must-read material anymore.

Dalek made a thread about it, I'm sure it'll go fine.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Now sillymonkey can join in on the pokemon craze cuz Donald Trump is now a pokemon.

I love how they announced the pre-evolution of this and everyone thought it looked like Donald Trump, only for this one to look even more like him.

Every time a new Pokemon game is announced, I think, "I'm probably too old for that now", but every time I get all excited and end up getting them anyway.

Preacher finale was better than the previous two episodes, but still quite a weak season tbh

When the first season is also the weakest season, that's not a good sign.

I read faith. The rest of the line is indy tryhard shit

I read that big first issue of Faith. Not sure if I really like it all that much. Wasn't bad, but I don't feel any great need to continue the story.

Read the whole thing. It's excellent, plus there's a lot of pre-existing plot there and they're definitely going to be referencing things from old story arcs.

Albuquerque's Tokyo Ghost variant

Gorgeous. Probably the best variant cover the series has had.

Now sillymonkey can join in on the pokemon craze cuz Donald Trump is now a pokemon.

Ha ha, that's amazing.

I've actually been trying to read this valiant comic Rai the last couple of days and it's about at the level of all the other Valiant stuff I've read, in that it's okay I guess

The world and designs of Valiant just ain't interesting to me

I feel like this has been a thing with X-fans since Claremont's run ended lol. It seems like the premise of every book is "bringing the X-Men back"

I feel like everybody was pretty happy with where things stood near the end of Morrison's run, then he tossed the ball back to Marvel, they looked at it like he had replaced their perfectly good football with a bloated, monstrous maggot and dropped it in disgust. X-Men fans have been salty ever since.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I've actually been trying to read this valiant comic Rai the last couple of days and it's about at the level of all the other Valiant stuff I've read, in that it's okay I guess

The world and designs just ain't interesting to me

I feel like it would have been 50% more interesting with a different artist.

Vic_Viper

I agree but after that finale I'm so much more interested in the show than I was after the first few episodes. I almost dropped it but I thought I should give the first season a chance to finish to decide. The scene at the church sold me on it so hard lol. Pretty stocked to see where they go with it next season. Does this season take place sort of before the comic starts? I read the first issue and it felt like it was taking place basically where the season ended accept he had just got the power.

Also was Beastboy/Changeling in Morrison's Doom Patrol? Was reading up on the Judas Contract arc the other day and I had no idea he was in Doom Patrol before becoming a Titan.

I feel like it would have been 50% more interesting with a different artist.
This is actually the best stuff I've seen from Crain as I've never been big on him. But yeah that's constantly a feeling I have when looking at Valiant books.

I guess I feel the same about the writers once I actually read them. Have Matt Kindt, Robert Venditti, and Jeff Lemire build your world brehs

Top Bottom