• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

Messi

Is anyone reading the Image book Symmetry? Came across it while browsing and it looks pretty interesting.

It's about to get canned and you can read better things than what Matt Hawkins comes up with. Fucker is slipping his way into Sunstone this fall. Watch him fuck it up for everyone. The art has this shitty cgi deviantArt look to it.

He is writing that swingers spin off to Sunstone with Linda Sejic on art. The spin off no one asked for especially a spin off not written by Sejic.

Owzers

think how many comics you read and you don't like them either

the one thing comics have going for them is longevity. If i really liked a movie, it's still one movie that i watched one night, if i like a comic it can stick around for a year or two tricking me into thinking i like comics in between all the ones i don't like. Walking Dead is still more enjoyable than the tv show by far and just about every zombie movie in recent memory.

Messi

Eh, it doesn't sound like a bad premise. But I don't know how I feel about someone other than Sejic doing it.

It will be shit because Hawkins is writing it. At least Linda Sejic is on art.

Mercy will work as it is Vol 6 of Sunstone. Blood Stain works because the tie to Sunstone is so small it's like a cameo,ifs just a nod between Linda and stjepan. But this new book feels forced. Oh another couple plays that mmo with Ally, how odd we haven't seen them before.

CoFw6btUIAAHe7L.jpg

The original thousand year old dragon.

Felt downright
claustrophobic
reading the
tunnel page
in this week's Unbeatable Squirrel Girl. Anyway this issue gets weird

Uncanny Avengers this week, though, WOW. DAMN. I'm so glad I started reading this again. What a fun ride.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Doom Patrol 45 might be the best comic I've read this year. I'd put it pretty high up there in my all time greatest lists too. That was hilarious and completely out of nowhere.

It's with
The Beard Hunter.
So damn good.

Annihilus is a hard counter to Gladiator now.
GET YO ASS WHOOPED! Comeuppance for genociding an entire bloodline.
Eternals by Gaiman/JRJR is so good. Loving it.
Goddamned right it is.
Yeah so I just read a comic where a girl married and then fucked a giant fly and then had giant maggots burst out of her back and consume her.
Sounds vaguely like what happened with Angel and Beak. And by "vaguely" I mean "weird insect girl sex leads to childbirth."

Mindwipe

ROM was so fucking rad

Question about the ending:
These are JOE characters, right? So there's an IDWverse and the Turtles aren't actually in it, is that the deal? I noticed they aren't a part of the crossover/event thing coming up

Yes, it's not so much an IDW-verse as it is a Hasbro licensed properties-verse.

So ROM, Transformers, Micronauts, MASK, Action Man and GI Joe.

Still intending to skip all the non-TF books. I just have no interest.

Well, if MASK came slightly close to replicating the batshit insanity of the UK MASK book I used to read as a kid I might. But that is unlikely.

shingi70

Banned
Morning Comic gaf.

New Month, New List

Superman #4
Suicide Squad Rebirth #1
Justice League #2
Green Lanterns #4
Green Arrow #4
Batman #4
Aquaman #4

arkon

I like Deadly Class the least of Remender's four books. However, I'm only really current (last two issues of both still to read) with Tokyo Ghost and Black Science. The other two I've left hanging for a good long while but I remember Low being in a good place (if you can call it that) when I last left it so I guess that's top by default.

Low
Black Science
Tokyo Ghost
Deadly Class

Tizoc

Yes, it's not so much an IDW-verse as it is a Hasbro licensed properties-verse.

So ROM, Transformers, Micronauts, MASK, Action Man and GI Joe.

Still intending to skip all the non-TF books. I just have no interest.

Well, if MASK came slightly close to replicating the batshit insanity of the UK MASK book I used to read as a kid I might. But that is unlikely.
Tell me more of thiw crazy awesome uk MASK book

Mindwipe

Tell me more of thiw crazy awesome uk MASK book

There was one arc when a group of MASK toys, existing in the same universe as the actual MASK crew, came to life, and a group of kids had to transport each faction to the Blarney Stone in Ireland where whomever got there first would be magically turned into real people. And then there'd be either two MASK's or two VENOM's, and hence that side would easily win.

This arc ran for like nearly a year.

The entire thing read like an acid trip.

ElNarez

Banned
hey it's list time

Sheriff of Babylon #9
Aquaman #4
Doctor Strange #10

Batman #4
Animosity #1
Tokyo Ghost #9
Suicide Squad Rebirth #1

Fuse #20
Unfollow #10
Cinema Purgatorio #4
Kill Or Be Killed #1
Invincible Iron man #12
Nightwing #2
Green Arrow #4

and also

SUPERMAN #4
PAPER GIRLS #8
MOON KNIGHT #5
VOTE LOKI #3
JAMES BOND #8

Slowly pushing towards the finish line of the Morrison Batman run. Got through Final Crisis, the first two volumes of DickBats, and Time and the Batman. Rereading the Batman & Robin run is giving me a new appreciation for one of my fave series of all time, as everything just makes so much more sense with all the background. Still have Return of Bruce Wayne and then Batman Inc. stuff to read, but it is quite a fun read, even if Final Crisis was a slog to get through.

Is Batman Black Mirror worth a read?

smisk

Well my pull list is gonna get a little lighter in the coming months with Sheriff of Babylon, Darth Vader, and Uncanny X-Men coming to an end. I enjoyed the first two issues of Green Arrow so I'll probably catch up and that and add it, also Death of X.

Current Ongoings:
Spider-Man
Black Widow
Black Panther
Star Wars
Poe Dameron
The Fix

VanWinkle

Slowly pushing towards the finish line of the Morrison Batman run. Got through Final Crisis, the first two volumes of DickBats, and Time and the Batman. Rereading the Batman & Robin run is giving me a new appreciation for one of my fave series of all time, as everything just makes so much more sense with all the background. Still have Return of Bruce Wayne and then Batman Inc. stuff to read, but it is quite a fun read, even if Final Crisis was a slog to get through.

Is Batman Black Mirror worth a read?

Black Mirror is better than any of the Morrison stuff, IMO.

gabbo

ZhXgiJ4.png

Lady Killer 2 #1 by Joëlle Jones (Aug. 3) - Josie's back! Her family has moved to Cocoa Beach, Florida and, of course, a figure from her past has returned. Tyrant Rave Pick of the Month!
Finally! Been waiting for Lady Killer2 for ages now.
Definitely a must buy for me

Well my pull list is gonna get a little lighter in the coming months with Sheriff of Babylon, Darth Vader, and Uncanny X-Men coming to an end. I enjoyed the first two issues of Green Arrow so I'll probably catch up and that and add it, also Death of X.

Current Ongoings:
Spider-Man
Black Widow
Black Panther
Star Wars
Poe Dameron
The Fix
Sheriff of Babylon isn't ending. King just said this past week that it's supposed to be about 60 issues in total.

Trickster

I'm almost finished reading through the Realm of Kings event from Marvel, and I'm seriously confused as to what the story of the event is supposed to be. Is it mainly just an event that serves to introduce the cancerverse? Because Neither the Inhuman or Imperials Guards issues seem to have any really conclusion to them. There's also the initial introduction with Quasar who finds the canververse equivelant of earth and avengers. But that that initial introduction we don't see those guys again???

Top Bottom