• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| August 2017 | Gwenpool's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

With all this Bendis DD talk I'll ask a question that got buried a couple of pages ago.

What are good collections for Ann Nocenti's run? I see there is the Typhoid Mary one and Heart of Darkness is out next month.

dh4niel

With all this Bendis DD talk I'll ask a question that got buried a couple of pages ago.

What are good collections for Ann Nocenti's run? I see there is the Typhoid Mary one and Heart of Darkness is out next month.

There is no omnibus which is a damn shame. There's an epic collection that covers Thythoid Mary and some other issues but apart from a few other trades I'm not sure.

Superman #14-#16 was fun. Nice to see Multiversity stuff pulled in. (The Gears of War Earth was a little funny.) Have they been making appearances through other comics/events?

I love this Wildstorm sale. Sleeper and The Authority, but also Stormwatch and Backlash

Wildstorm is cool

Are you reading The Wild Storm monthly?

shingi70

Banned
Not lame at all. It's The correct way to do guest characters. I have No interest in MK in my comic book fighter. I have Tons of interest in comic book characters in my comic book fighter

I don't want guess characters at all. Hellboy could have been etrigan.

If up were up to me MVCI would drop capcom Like it's hot and be a marvel only rostor.

I finished up reading the Mother Panic trade last night. The art took a bit of getting used to, the funny thing is the style that Crystal goes for is probably closer to what I would have expected with the other YA books in mind but coming off of Edwards it is a big mind hiccup to get over. Even the colouring took some getting used to. Glad to see JP Leon is on the next set of issues. In terms of the actual book, this was probably the YA book I was fussed about least, and I guess that holds true, but I did really really like it. There is some dark as hell themes going on but it was engaging and left me intrigued where Houser is taking things. It was kind of cool Batwoman was the member of the bat family to show up and question Violet's intentions in Gotham. There's some quick and easy comparison points between the two characters on a surface level so it was nice to see them together quickly and it doesn't take long to establish that Violet comes from a whole different section of damaged to Kate.

Overall verdict on the YA line is that these books are everything I hoped for and ended up exceeding that in most cases. Way did a great job at bringing together a group of creators with a lot of character and flair to their work and they created something really valuable. All 4 of these are definitely right up towards the top of my list of favourites now. Hopefully DC stands by them in the new year with the rebrand and honestly I'll probably slim down my Rebirth pulls if so. Between these, the burgeoning Wildstorm line and a few essential Rebirth titles, that will probably cover me on the DC front. Very satisfying haul.

huh, Tim Seeley's Hellblazer run is just three issues and then Richard Kadrey takes over for another three issues. I doubt the book lasts beyond that tbh

God, I kinda want that Infinity Box Set Slipcase in the solicits but $500...
MTUwMzQxNzg3Mw==

MTUwMzQxNzg3Nw==

Anyone want to buy it for me as a birthday present? :D

Aizo

Banned
Started re-reading Johns' Teen Titans today, as well as the Outsiders run. It's so crazy, because I haven't re-read this since I read all of New Teen Titans and New Titans, so I'm getting a lot more out of it. It's even better than when I read it in elementary school. I love it. Beast Boy should tone down the douchebaggery, though.

VanWinkle

Started re-reading Johns' Teen Titans today, as well as the Outsiders run. It's so crazy, because I haven't re-read this since I read all of New Teen Titans and New Titans, so I'm getting a lot more out of it. It's even better than when I read it in elementary school. I love it. Beast Boy should tone down the douchebaggery, though.

I really enjoyed that run. I'll have to re-read it one of these days, too. Shame is got a little bogged down in tie-ins and didn't get an ending it deserved.

Nope. They heard from retailers over months in their own forum and nothing seems to have changed or advice taken.

Jen Bartel going to Thought Bubble.

Like I said I really wish the stores would just band together on this one and draw a line in the sand, but unfortunately I imagine it will be a situation where some stores dont order them which makes the stock from other stores more limited which means those stores can bump up the prices there selling for. Thats before you even get to the usual ebay fleecers.

As usual Thought Bubble stays winning, I really need to pick up a few extra bits to get signed before it, only a month or so left now.

Also Launchpad please sell me on the wonders of Hi-Fi fight club, why should I pick it up?

Malyse

Action Comics: even though I enjoy the issue for the great take on Lex Luthor, Mr Oz is still hanging over everything like a shadow. I can't help but feel like I'll be disappointed in the reveal (unless it's like Doctor Manhattan or something)

Batgirl: This was a good issue, but what's with the reliance on flashback stories in Bat books? Batman is doing it, Batwoman did it, Batgirl is doing it, I don't read Nightwing... I didn't love the ending though. I know it's setting up an arc, but it felt like not enough happened.

Daredevil: the ramifications of what Matt did run directly counter to the fact that Kingpin saved New York when they were trapped under the Darkforce dome. I love how their set up this fantastic conflict between a vigilante who has become part of the legal system and a villain who people see as their protector. Daredevil just became one of the most interesting Marvel books.

Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe Again: Bunn clearly does not give a fuck about Gwenpool. If this were happening for real, Gwen would had just left the story and went to another Universe. It's still terrible but at least it's almost over.

Detective Comics: Man do I feel for Stephanie. Bruce is kinda an ass for not letting her know Tim might be alive, right? I don't really know where this arc is going, but I do hope that Clayface gets to leave. Like out of the game, I'm living my best life type leave.

Doctor Strange: I can tell Hopeless misses Spider-Woman at least a little. This issue was a little flat for me because of how Secret Empire is unfolding. I mean, it's weird that this has to be set before the events of SE 8 because they removed the dome in that issue. Maybe this is impossible, but it would be amazing for the entire event to have been written before the first issue started.

ElNarez

Banned
Batgirl: This was a good issue, but what's with the reliance on flashback stories in Bat books? Batman is doing it, Batwoman did it, Batgirl is doing it, I don't read Nightwing... I didn't love the ending though. I know it's setting up an arc, but it felt like not enough happened.

the Batman status quo is gonna be locked up in Metal for a while

unable to go forward while that's happening, you move back

simple and clean

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
since I can watch amazon videos with this twitch prime 7 day trial, decided to watch American Gods. Absolutely loved the first episode, how faithful to the books is it anyway?

Speaking of the books, I was actually kinda disapointed at the
Bilquis eats a man through her vagina
thing, the way it was described from the books I expected, I dunno...gore or something, he just kinda
disapears underneath her
>_>

Wanderer5

Did Emma Frost ditched that bad outfit that she was shown in at the end of IvX?:p I think I seen a couple recent pics of her that she returns to a white outfit.

dh4niel

Harley would be a better character if they kept her whole infatuation with the Joker in the past. Enough of these non-canon mini series. Her living her life as her own person is much, much better. I'm not saying don't mention it ever again but having her as the ditsy gangster's moll type character again does her character growth a disservice in my opinion.

Top Bottom