• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2013. Spiking the eggnog, and not telling Stark about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Yo, don't do that. That comic stunk and the fact that it's very much attempting to be DCs antihero answer to Hawkeye is not doing it any favors. Also, baaaad art.

On a better note, Batman and Robin--good call, man!

I will support Harley to the bitter end!

kswiston

I often want to vote in these book of the month things, if only for Spike's sake. He works hard on these OPs and seems so genuinely nice that you want to see that work rewarded

but I don't even remember what came out this month. I didn't even know comics came out today.

mods halp

Take three seconds and scan through the release schedules for the past few weeks on Comiclist.com

Messi

I got your back, Messi. We're going to ascend Harley to the Heavens.

I legit enjoyed the book so haters get out.

Damn straight, and I know we are not alone here.

Nooooo! It's almost the New Year. Admit your sins and pay penance and it'll all be gooood.

If I said I didnt like it I would be lying to myself. I will never turn my back on Harley.

HAPPY NEW YEAR COMIC READING FRIENDS

vocab

Spoken like someone who hasn't read an issue, because otherwise "boring" would never appear in a sentence describing it. To each their own I suppose.

It's more of the concept really. Does the first issue give a good idea of the series or does it take a few?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Reviewing my progress in the Hellboy universe. After Library Editions 1-3 and BPRD: Plague of Frogs 1, no less than 27 more books to buy and read to be fully caught up with universe.

Good god, what have I gotten myself into?!

---------

I read 15621 pages of comics in 2013 according to my Goodreads records. Roughly 710 issues worth, if you assume an average of 22 pages apiece.

Also can't wait until they come out with an official announcement/release date for a deluxe edition of Batman Inc. Vol 2. I really want that on my bookshelf.

Anxiously awaiting that too. I want to buy and read this, but I can't do it when I basically know there's a 'director's cut' coming sooner or later.

kswiston

It's more of the concept really. Does the first issue give a good idea of the series or does it take a few?

I read the first issue and let the next seven pile up before trying again. After that the book has been on the top of my read pile every month. It doesn't take long to get going, but that first issue is a bit odd. It pays off quickly though. By issue 4, all sorts of crazy stuff is happening.

If I wasn't concerned about spoiling things for those getting into the series via trade, I would be posting all sorts of sweet MP pages.

She-Hulk #1 art pages. Oh, and I have power again.

she-hulk1-1-625x948.jpg
she-hulk1-2-625x948.jpg

she-hulk1-3-625x948.jpg
she-hulk1-4-625x948.jpg
\
she-hulk1-5-625x948.jpg
Source (CBR)

SMDH @ people griping about the art.

Mafro

I've not really been a fan of Pulido's art on Hawkeye, so that preview doesn't really get me excited. Would have loved to see Allred on this series, he'd be perfect for it as I loved how he draws She-Hulk in FF.

Owzers

Uncanny X-Men #14 and 15 were both decent, i almost regret dropping the book but MU will be my fallback to Bendis. There's no way i wouldn't be annoyed with the book again after 4 more issues.

Yo, you know what was some good shit that came out this month? That new Darwyn Cooke Parker book, Slayground. Pick up the first three books if you haven't, highly recommended, damn good comics.

df9DOmJ.jpg

I ordered some comics for the first time in...months last night.

Got Batman: Hush, Hawkeye Volume 1, and Flashpoint - all in paperback trades.

I love love love Jim Lee art, so Batman: Hush is something I've wanted for years but never got around to. I'm getting Hawkeye because gaf seems to love it. And since I could get a third book free(thanks Barnes and Noble), I decided that Flashpoint looked alright thanks to that Flashpoint Batman thread the other day.

Can't wait to burn through them. Love it.

arkon

She Hulk's art in those preview pages is okay. Mainly trying it out because of the direction they look to be going in with it.

edit: a second Spider-Men miniseries? I'm in for that. The Spider-Men mini-series was the last Bendis-written thing I liked.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Yo, you know what was some good shit that came out this month? That new Darwyn Cooke Parker book, Slayground. Pick up the first three books if you haven't, highly recommended, damn good comics.

Thoroughly enjoyed the latest but it felt shorter than the others....I guess less dialogue, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom