• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

So started to return to my Batman TSAS rewatch. I'm on disc 4 of volume 3. We're getting to some cool deep cuts. First I saw Baby doll. One of the saddest and disturbing stories Dini did. The premis on the surface seems silly but they handle it so well. And in the end you feel sorry for s pretty absurd villian.

And now? The Jonah hex episode. Hell yea!

I called this when I was talking out my ass. I think another renumbering is inevitable at this point, just like the price increases were.

Hoping we get some creative switches so Johns can write Shazam. As much as I love Johns I think it's time for some new blood on JL.

Owzers

Real talk: more books should have recap pages at the start.

people have griped about monthlies having recaps, i like them, but trades especially since you know there is a huge wait between volumes. Give me a page, a single page! I guess there are wikis i could read but i don't wanna.

VanWinkle

people have griped about monthlies having recaps, i like them, but trades especially since you know there is a huge wait between volumes. Give me a page, a single page! I guess there are wikis i could read but i don't wanna.

Yeah, there definitely should be a recap page on every collected volume.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Secret Wars #4

Lol
Cyke
>_<

Noooooo
Strange
why Doom why ;_;
he's your buddy

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Still enjoying it?

Secret Wars? Fuck yeah. I haven't read this week's tie ins tho because I got caught up with Siege.

And speaking of, damn it guys...just read Bendis New Avengers #1 (2004), and...damn it I really liked it. I'm doing it again, I'm setting myself up to be Bendis'ed again. ;_;

But but but but but it has no ewoks.

Also it's too familiar to the original trilogy so it loses points. You know what was new? Ewoks.

I love the familiarity while also introducing characters for a whole new generation. It's everything the hack prequels tried to be but failed.

----

The Secret Wars secret is that it would be delayed to the point that its outcome is meaningless to Marvel continuity. Every series went on without the writers even knowing WTF Hickman intended to do. It's the best Marvel event in years...and they still screwed it up.

Rhaknar

Sauron? Savage Land? Wolverine? We full X-Men now.

I'm digging this, damn you Bendis!

I am prepared for the inevitable disappointment

Edit: also this Ultron looking Iron Man armor he had back then looks bad

tim1138

Please tell us if Batman really appears in this or how he is a thing in this

Will do.

So started to return to my Batman TSAS rewatch. I'm on disc 4 of volume 3. We're getting to some cool deep cuts. First I saw Baby doll. One of the saddest and disturbing stories Dini did. The premis on the surface seems silly but they handle it so well. And in the end you feel sorry for s pretty absurd villian.

My Batman TAS DVD sets are some of my most prized possessions. :D

I guess Ant-Man #3 came out last week and I already bought it so I decided to get the first issue of Wakfu instead. Also got Copra Round Three at the shop.

Tizoc

He only had 2 friends, this Jonah Hex, the first was Death, the other, the Acrid smell of gunsmoke.

...been a long time since I last read a JH comic but it went something like that ^^;

But man I find it hilarious how gigantic he looked in the old cartoon.

Rhaknar

Iron Man: "This is Paul Jenkins, he's a comic book writer. He created The Sentry, a comic book character. So my question to you Mr. Reynolds is...who are you?"

Whut >_>

my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg

Real talk: more books should have recap pages at the start.

If on a separate page that can be removed from the collected editions, sure.

If they take up a page and a half like they seemed to in John's GL run, it feels like a daytime soap with 10% of each issue just talking about the last.

Material is literally my comic of 2015. It's not an action book, like Zero is, but it shares that sense of urgency, and a need to speak out about some pretty important things. I said it before and I'll say it again. It's a very personal story, but it touches on a bigger picture in a way very few comics have this year. It's important.

that's what I've been hearing about it, hell the first issue deals with guantanamo. Pretty interested to delve in. that's it, ordering on amazon right now.

and yeah I read Omega Men will be finished at issue 12 so I'll just wait for that to be collected, heard Tom King's been putting in good work on that series.

Ross61

For the people who use Comic Zeal, is there any way to import multiple comics over from iCloud and other cloud services. Doing each one individually is time consuming. Also does this app support cbr?

After Vol. 3 make sure to read Transformers Dark Prelude
It features stories that take place during Vol. 1-3 that will be important by Vol. 5, trust me on this.
Glad you're enjoying it, and just to give you more reason to keep reading this title
James Roberts, author of MTMTE was given the Outstanding Writer Award 2015
I'm late to this mainly as I was busy gaming and with the Winter Seal but I am so happy for him and the recognition.
http://www.seibertron.com/transform...mte-wins-outstanding-writer-award-2015/34450/
Niiiiice
Iron Man: "This is Paul Jenkins, he's a comic book writer. He created The Sentry, a comic book character. So my question to you Mr. Reynolds is...who are you?"

Whut >_>

my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg

Trippy

Owzers

first IST order placed in awhile, some comic maintenance.

Deadly Class vol 2 and 3 tp
Southern Bastards vol 2 tp
Zero vol 4 tp
Manhattan Projects Deluxe HC
Low vol 2 tp

i'm going to read stuff, only thing that is a rebuy is Manhattan which i've read all of the floppies and half-decided it's the book to finally check out Image's new OHC format.

Dalek

Secret Wars? Fuck yeah. I haven't read this week's tie ins tho because I got caught up with Siege.

And speaking of, damn it guys...just read Bendis New Avengers #1 (2004), and...damn it I really liked it. I'm doing it again, I'm setting myself up to be Bendis'ed again. ;_;

Yeah that's a great Avengers series.

Top Bottom