• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

PsychBat!

Banned
I love my Superior Spider-Man costume on my Spidey. I also have Spider-Gwen and I really hope we get the Sinister Silk costume.

Anyways, Squadron Supreme #2: Doc Spectrum sucks. Hyperion redeemed. I will be reading more.

Oh I played all of them growing up but I want a new one with people like Spider-Gwen, Silk, Magik, Eva, Miles, Squirrel Girl.

I just want my XML3. Take the best parts of XML2 and MUA1 and we in there. I want all the X-Men from XML1 and 2 to be in there. Roster be like:

• Wolverine
  • Cyclops
  • Storm
  • Jean Grey
  • Beast
  • Colossus
  • Nightcrawler
  • Rogue
  • Gambit
  • Psylocke
  • Emma Frost
  • Magma
  • Jubilee
  • Iceman
  • Bishop
  • Professor Xavier

Then add:
  • Magik
  • Cable
  • Angel/Archangel
  • Havok
  • Polaris
  • Banshee
  • Kitty Pryde

Messi

I just want my XML3. Take the best parts of XML2 and MUA1 and we in there. I want all the X-Men from XML1 and 2 to be in there. Roster be like:

• Wolverine
  • Cyclops
  • Storm
  • Jean Grey
  • Beast
  • Colossus
  • Nightcrawler
  • Rogue
  • Gambit
  • Psylocke
  • Emma Frost
  • Magma
  • Jubilee
  • Iceman
  • Bishop
  • Professor Xavier

Then add:
  • Magik
  • Cable
  • Angel/Archangel
  • Havok
  • Polaris
  • Banshee
  • Kitty Pryde

Like Marvel would allow this list in the current climate. It would be an Avengers branded game with Inhumans in place of mutants.

I've never been fond of Bart. Was always too much of a cocky ass for my taste. He grew on me a bit when I watched Young Justice, but not enough for me to really like him. I can't imagine what he's like as an adult.
Bart is amazing as impulse. Read PADs young justice series. He's a blast.

When he became Kid flash he became too serious. And him as Flash was a mess. But him as impulse was greatness

Like Marvel would allow this list in the current climate. It would be an Avengers branded game with Inhumans in place of mutants.
I'd be okay with that

Except I want my XML3.
Bart is amazing as impulse. Read PADs young justice series. He's a blast.

When he became Kid flash he became too serious. And him as Flash was a mess. But him as impulse was greatness
I'll look into it at some point then. Add it to mah list

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just wish Marvel would make a non-F2P game this gen with real effort and passion put into it like Rocksteady's Batman games.

or, you know, you could get over the f2p stigma and play Marvel Heroes which has real effort and passion put into it.

just saying

It's very short, ends badly, has poor writers, and him suddenly being an adult is jarring and him being flash doesn't feel earned. Mostly it's the bad writing and I can't think of anyone that was clamoring for a Bart led flash book

What kind of poor writing? The pacing, the characters, the plot itself, the premise, etc? I'm just very curious, so if there isn't much more detail to go into, that's fine, but I'm just very curious.

or, you know, you could get over the f2p stigma and play Marvel Heroes which has real effort and passion put into it.

just saying
Okay... I never said or intended to imply otherwise. Sorry if it came across that way.

I play multiple F2P games and I thought Marvel Heroes was fun from what I did play of it by the way. I was referring to their non-F2P output specifically because it has been so underwhelming lately. Feel free to PM me if you want to continue this conversation.

What kind of poor writing? The pacing, the characters, the plot itself, the premise, etc? I'm just very curious, so if there isn't much more detail to go into, that's fine, but I'm just very curious.
It's been years so I don't recall the details. I just knew I wasn't a fan. Maybe Tim remembers. He's our Flash expert.

Messi

Okay... I never said or intended to imply otherwise. Sorry if it came across that way.

I play multiple F2P games and I thought Marvel Heroes was fun from what I did play of it by the way. I was referring to their non-F2P output specifically because it has been so underwhelming lately. Feel free to PM me if you want to continue this conversation.

Well we do have that Telltale Marvel game coming. I like Telltale and would love to see what they choose to do in their mould. What character they choose. I would have loved it to be Uncanny X-Men but thats not happening.

x men legends 3 :O why isn't this a thing yet. same with marvel alliance 3.

For some reason I found the X-Men Legends games more exciting than the Ultimate Alliance games. I think it was because of the concentration of X-Men characters (including obscure ones) as opposed to grabbing every Peter, Scott and Logan from all across the Marvel U.

Man, I was at Grainger Games today which has a ton of preowned games and the prices for some of the old Marvel games were crazy. Those guys know they're no longer available and are charging £20 for each one. Bastards.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

• Wolverine
  • Cyclops
  • Storm
  • Jean Grey
  • Beast
  • Colossus
  • Nightcrawler
  • Rogue
  • Gambit
  • Psylocke
  • Emma Frost
  • Magma
  • Jubilee
  • Iceman
  • Bishop
  • Professor Xavier

Then add:
  • Magik
  • Cable
  • Angel/Archangel
  • Havok
  • Polaris
  • Banshee
  • Kitty Pryde

Good list. It's just missing one thing.......

just saying

No point and click game can replace actually controlling the characters. Marvel Heroes didn't scratch my itch gameplay wise and the heroes cost too much, gimme Ultimate Alliance 3 anyday over it.

It's been years so I don't recall the details. I just knew I wasn't a fan. Maybe Tim remembers. He's our Flash expert.
TIIIIIIIIM!
Well we do have that Telltale Marvel game coming. I like Telltale and would love to see what they choose to do in their mould. What character they choose. I would have loved it to be Uncanny X-Men but thats not happening.
It's probably SHIELD based
I'm still posting in it and if I post some more, I'm probably just gonna lose it.
Seems about what I'd expect from that thread
Good list. It's just missing one thing.......

XML2 used Blink for its fast-travel system.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I'm not afraid to type this entire page of German text from Black Magick #3 into Google Translate!

QUOTE=Freezasaurus;190901367]Blink.[/QUOTE]

TIIIIIIIIM!

It's probably SHIELD based

Seems about what I'd expect from that thread

XML2 used Blink for its fast-travel system.

How did you guys know? Have I mentioned her before?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Black Magik #3 German translation.....

Woman: You were only expected towards evening.

First Man: I come from London

Woman: Ah. We thought you were in Frankfurt

First Man: Is there a tribunal

Woman: Yes. I was already in place when they called you. apparently investigation.
I'm doing something and stuck the archive new order in the files ...
and came across a fascinating report from Alexandria
Almost 50 years before the common era.

First Man: BC

Woman: if you'd rather.
I find personally that blind faith brings his own prejudices with them.
and the other prejudices can always yields especially good

Other Man: Stepan Thank you for being here.
I think we have encountered something.

Mindwipe

Trying to play Marvel Heroes (can't laptop is too shit) has made me sad that we don't have a game like Marvel Ultimate Alliance for current systems. I looked in the store in Marvel heroes and they have so many costumes and characters. I would buy so many in a game on ps4/X1. It feels like easy money. If we did get one they would likely strip out all the mutants and that would suck. Most of the cool costumes are for mutants in that game plus Deadpools costumes are hilarious.

It's free to pay buy Marvel Future Fight is pretty good for a while, at least until you finish the campaign.

Messi

It's free to pay buy Marvel Future Fight is pretty good for a while, at least until you finish the campaign.

Yeah I am playing that at the moment, the action is a bit one note but I am enjoying the characters. Got Silk the other day. Now I can murder people.

tim1138

Basically it was a book no one was asking for. The transition of Wally from Kid Flash to Flash after Barry died during CoIE felt like the natural progression for the character. Bart taking over during One Year Later, suddenly being an adult, and then being the sole conduit of the Speed Force just felt, well forced. The only interesting bits were with Inertia and the Rogues and even then you can just wiki it and not miss a thing.

The writing wasn't the best and if I remember correctly it went through 3 different writers in only 13 issues, so even DC had no faith in it. This run is best forgotten, totally not worth your time to read.

PsychBat!

Banned
giphy.gif

Owzers

Why am i not reading a Batwoman or Zatanna book right now? I'm living in a world where Squirrel Girl has a good book, fix your line DC.

Why am i not reading a Batwoman or Zatanna book right now? I'm living in a world where Squirrel Girl has a good book, fix your line DC.

They're looking for the perfect opportunity to bust out that Zatanna/Batgirl team-up book with art by Greg Land.

Man, I should start making jokes that don't have anything to do with Greg Land.

Messi

I have to believe this Batgirl book is heading towards a new Birds of Prey, if not its a huge missed chance. Its sitting right there in front of them. They use 90% of the characters in that book. Babs, Spoiler, Bluebird, Canary and Frankie as oracle

I have to believe this Batgirl book is heading towards a new Birds of Prey, if not its a huge missed chance. Its sitting right there in front of them. They use 90% of the characters in that book. Babs, Spoiler, Bluebird, Canary and Frankie as oracle
I'd be interested. If they keep Stewart away from it. I'd like to read a babs book written like she used to be again

Messi

I'd be interested. If they keep Stewart away from it. I'd like to read a babs book written like she used to be again

I'd have to imagine any book spinning out of Batgirl is gonna feature that Batgirl for the time being and likely have imput from those writers. If they got Gail Simone back for it...oh man. Wishful thinking I know as she said she is done writing Babs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my New Year's Resolution for 2016 is to read all of Secret Invasion

...in 1 week

tumblr_mmst60zClN1rhhrvto1_500.gif

109 issues in 7 days, and I usually just read at work so 5 days... this might have been a mistake lol

Top Bottom