• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
God that "Hero doesn't kill trope" thread is killing me inside. Why do I keep posting in it?

Honestly, i dont know either. The moment the punisher gets namedropped seriously is when the topic lost me. I think people truly do believe that he cleans up crime

MTMtE Vol. 2 was really good. Everything building up to and dealing with the DJD was good. A lot of new characters while also doing a great job of progressing the existing ones. Still a lot of dialogue, but more action this time, so it balances out.

Also, that Necrobot foreshadowing...hoooooooly shit we in there.
well fuck, if that thread wasn't dead because of a Punisher mention, it should be dead due to that.
Pretty sure I made the last comment, so I'm assuming it is.

Dalek

Good grief-it takes forever for a new issue of Justice League to come out and then I gobble it up so quick. Great issue as usual but everything happens so quick and bounces to the next scene. Great last page thoug-a long awaited return.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
What do you do today to celebrate the new year?

I usually to go out and get really really drunk. But I've already done that twice in the last week and I'm too damned old to do it a 3rd time. My hangover might last until Monday.

I probably won't leave the house tonight.

Messi

Guys, Emanuela Lupacchino did a lovely sketch of Amanda Conners Harley Quinn for me

4HAOglq.jpeg

Messi

They each have their fine points. Luppacchino does amazing detail work. Conner can keep a schedule.

:D

Is that why Amanda only does covers now and didn't attend NYCC because she was behind on her deadline for her art in Harley little black book #1 :p

You totally avoided the question lol

Is that why Amanda only does covers now and didn't attend NYCC because she was behind on her deadline for her art in Harley little black book #1 :p

You totally avoided the question lol

It was aimed more at being a compliment to Lupacchino followed immediately by a burn.

Conner prime vs Lupacchino prime who wins? Let's say Conners Pee Gee vs Lupacchino Supergirl/Starfire.
Their styles aren't very similar so it's all up to personal preference. I prefer Conner's style but I do think Lupacchino is good as well.

Not sure how true it is but I heard Conner hurt her hand somewhere online and that's why she doesn't do ongoings. I can't find a source for it though.

Messi

Their styles aren't very similar so it's all up to personal preference. I prefer Conner's style but I do think Lupacchino is good as well.

Not sure how true it is but I heard Conner hurt her hand somewhere online and that's why she doesn't do ongoings. I can't find a source for it though.

That would be a massive shame

well, I had nice experience of my own. Not a long thread.
I read some of that thread. Seemed terrible so then I left.
More of his insane stuff will appear as you keepr eading.

Yeah they're fantastic, and when they show up again you'll love them even more.

Keep reading you'll eventually get to the story where they
get Ultra Magnus drunk
It is as glorious as you think it'd be
Sounds beautiful

Mindwipe

Happy New Year Comics-GAF. I'm supposed to be going to a girly hijinks hot tub party, but I'm stuck on a train and at this rate there'll be no hijinks left.

I spent the last few days not being off my face enough to re-read Zero Volume 4, read East of West Volume 4 (which I still like but definitely drifted a bit compared to Volume 3), and Last Stand of the Wreckers issue 2, which was AWESOME.

Next up the first five volumes of Nu-52 Flash, which I'm prepared to be hugely ambivalent about.

Glad you're enjoying MTMTE BKatastrophe. Plenty more fun for you yet.

Happy New Year Comics-GAF. I'm supposed to be going to a girly hijinks hot tub party, but I'm stuck on a train and at this rate there'll be no hijinks left.

I spent the last few days not being off my face enough to re-read Zero Volume 4, read East of West Volume 4 (which I still like but definitely drifted a bit compared to Volume 3), and Last Stand of the Wreckers volume 2, which was AWESOME.

Next up the first five volumes of Nu-52 Flash, which I'm prepared to be hugely ambivalent about.

I dropped New 52 Flash after volume 1. So boring.

On the other hand, I've started reading Johns' run on the Flash. Wally for best Flash

Owzers

i'm going to read more comics in the new year. This whole wrestling thing was a mistake.

Oh, Vince is going to ref a reigns/sheamus match monday? Maybe i can squeeze comics in during some matches....

Messi

i'm going to read more comics in the new year. This whole wrestling thing was a mistake.

Oh, Vince is going to ref a reigns/sheamus match monday? Maybe i can squeeze comics in during some matches....

Gonna give up wrestling...watches wrestling. Sillmonkey in a nutshell.

tumblr_n23g0xxiIr1qgb6fmo1_500.gif

tim1138

I spent the last few days not being off my face enough to re-read Zero Volume 4, read East of West Volume 4 (which I still like but definitely drifted a bit compared to Volume 3), and Last Stand of the Wreckers issue 2, which was AWESOME.

The only volume of that worth reading is volume 3, the rest is pretty to look at but oh so bland on the actual story. There hasn't been a good Flash run since before the New 52 started.

Mindwipe

The only volume of that worth reading is volume 3, the rest is pretty to look at but oh so bland on the actual story. There hasn't been a good Flash run since before the New 52 started.

Yeah, I've been warned. They were cheap.

I also have the two volumes of Bart's tenure after that.

I've never been fond of Bart. Was always too much of a cocky ass for my taste. He grew on me a bit when I watched Young Justice, but not enough for me to really like him. I can't imagine what he's like as an adult.

Messi

Trying to play Marvel Heroes (can't laptop is too shit) has made me sad that we don't have a game like Marvel Ultimate Alliance for current systems. I looked in the store in Marvel heroes and they have so many costumes and characters. I would buy so many in a game on ps4/X1. It feels like easy money. If we did get one they would likely strip out all the mutants and that would suck. Most of the cool costumes are for mutants in that game plus Deadpools costumes are hilarious.

Trying to play Marvel Heroes (can't laptop is too shit) has made me sad that we don't have a game like Marvel Ultimate Alliance for current systems. I looked in the store in Marvel heroes and they have so many costumes and characters. I would buy so many in a game on ps4/X1. It feels like easy money. If we did get one they would likely strip out all the mutants and that would suck. Most of the cool costumes are for mutants in that game plus Deadpools costumes are hilarious.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 exists. Wouldn't play it, though. Also sucks because EA pulled their DLC for reasons I can't fathom. Black Panther, Psylocke, Magneto, Cable, and Juggernaut were all DLC characters.

That game isn't very good. Just play the first one and X-Men Legends and X-Men Legends II: Rise of the Apocalypse.

Messi

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 exists. Wouldn't play it, though. Also sucks because EA pulled their DLC for reasons I can't fathom. Black Panther, Psylocke, Magneto, Cable, and Juggernaut were all DLC characters.

That game isn't very good. Just play the first one and X-Men Legends and X-Men Legends II: Rise of the Apocalypse.

Oh I played all of them growing up but I want a new one with people like Spider-Gwen, Silk, Magik, Eva, Miles, Squirrel Girl.

Top Bottom