• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Wall of shame since Freeza asked:

Onto comics: Really excited for The Spire tomorrow! I loved Six Gun Gorilla and the character designs for this look excellent.

zC4XzxX.jpg

obin_gam

Spire looks really interesting. I hope it's real medieval/fantasy and not some post apocalypse though :/

tim1138

For those so inclined, Bitch Planet and season two of Pretty Deadly are going to the Saga schedule of publishing an arc, month off, trade, and then publishing an arc.

wolf sounds like just the kind of comic i want to read, i'll prolly trade-wait it tho since image is so good with their schedules for that stuff.

definitely grabbing the archie reboot as well.

Messi

For those so inclined, Bitch Planet and season two of Pretty Deadly are going to the Saga schedule of publishing an arc, month off, trade, and then publishing an arc.

Saga takes like 3-4 months off tho.

Who else besides Rafa is excited for Bloodstrike?

---

Thinking about coming at you swingin' this month, Messi.

tumblr_m76d6bkGv51r9loelo1_500.gif

images%2Farticle%2F2013%2F06%2F04%2Ftumblr_m59h51aVsi1qgu2gyo1_500.gif

In a month where I am going to be sitting around Florida with nothing to do. Sure.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Tell me those SW spoilers pls or at least where I can see them!

tim1138

Catching up on a book from last week, E for Extinction was everything I could have asked for. Cyke and Emma, old and bloated in their god awful 90s costumes was hilarious. Magneto playing the long game with Quentin, Esme, and
the Phoenix egg
, should have an interesting pay off.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Catching up on a book from last week, E for Extinction was everything I could have asked for. Cyke and Emma, old and bloated in their god awful 90s costumes was hilarious. Magneto playing the long game with Quentin, Esme, and
the Phoenix egg
, should have an interesting pay off.

Sounds like it's as bad as I thought it'd be.

Zombine

Banned
After Secret Wars, everything dies....

Secret Wars definitely closes out the last 10 or so years of Marvel comics, end of the era or whatever, but there is enough potential in the October launch to make me super excited. Blue Marvel dudes...I joke now but I bet they'll make him awesome. Ultimates will be incredible.

Messi

Secret Wars definitely closes out the last 10 or so years of Marvel comics, end of the era or whatever, but there is enough potential in the October launch to make me super excited. Blue Marvel dudes...I joke now but I bet they'll make him awesome. Ultimates will be incredible.

You don't even know who blue Marvel is lol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The owner at my shop knew I was looking for this and held it behind the counter for me this morning.

Today is a good day.

n3j2U2-WEuRfZ3L1Qhn8fK5TMFJMXueELDcEyv61mZXL=w537-h953-no

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I didn't get to read this, was it released last week?

Came out today. This variant is the 1:25 that my shop didn't think it would get. I will probably go buy a normal cover and just hold onto this one for our Disney collection at home.

Also picked up the new Bob's Burgers which I'm pretty stoked about. I have the first TP they did and had no idea the series was coming back out.

i'm so far behind on avengers stuff that i Haven't started secret wars

what are the good tie ins to the event?

Also how do I start silk

she started in some amazing spider-man shit and then got her own book right?

how is rumble?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I didn't realize Godzilla in Hell started this month, awesome.

Wait wait wait wait. What!?
I want this.

For some reason that I don't quite understand, I'm way into Godzilla comics. I never saw the Godzilla movies growing up and still have only seen the most recent movie (and only watched it because I was loving the Godzilla comics so much), so I have absolutely no nostalgia for Godzilla either. For some reason Godzilla comics just do it for me.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
i'm so far behind on avengers stuff that i Haven't started secret wars

what are the good tie ins to the event?

You might want to be more selective than i've been but I don't think you can go wrong with any of these. Top 4 are probably the best of the bunch IMO.

Inhumans Attilan Rising
Marvel Zombies
Thors
A-Force

Spider-Verse
Squadron Sinister
Inferno
Infinity Guantlet
Korvac Saga
Runaways

I can't...

You can. Join the dark side

tim1138

Wait wait wait wait. What!?
I want this.

For some reason that I don't quite understand, I'm way into Godzilla comics. I never saw the Godzilla movies growing up and still have only seen the most recent movie (and only watched it because I was loving the Godzilla comics so much), so I have absolutely no nostalgia for Godzilla either. For some reason Godzilla comics just do it for me.

It's Stokoe which really is enough to get hyped. It's a five issue miniseries with Godzilla fighting to escape hell after being banished there. Zainab Akhtar is going to have an interview with Stokoe and preview pages either on her personal site comicsandcola.com or the AV Club later this week (I don't remember which).

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Who all is going to SDCC again? Specifically on Sunday. If I remember correctly, we've got Serpentine, Bii, and Psychbat, right?

It's Stokoe which really is enough to get hyped. It's a five issue miniseries with Godzilla fighting to escape hell after being banished there. Zainab Akhtar is going to have an interview with Stokoe and preview pages either on her personal site comicsandcola.com or the AV Club later this week (I don't remember which).

ANOTHER STOKOE GODZILLA MINI!?
It's official. I've died and gone to heaven.

This literally sounds like my dream book. That is the all-time best premise too.

I love how, without fail, every SW main book release has happened on Wednesdays where I have things the entire day that preventing reading then, meaning I don't get a chance to actually read it until the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom