• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Dark Horse publish anything of note besides Hellboy & co.?

I know they were trying to diversify their superhero lineup after losing Star Wars, but did that ever pan out? Also, where is new Umbrella Academy at?

You answered your own question. No comic is more Of Note than Umbrella Academy, the best comic series released in the past two decades.

They also have Empowered and probably some of these new serieses are good, but I won't read them until they hit CMX in trade. White Suits looked cool.

NexusCell

Here's the rest of the scale for your perusal, GH.

Meh
Ultimate End

Boring
Secret Wars 2099
Years of Future Past

Kinda Garbage
Armor Wars
Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars

Garbage
Age of Ultron vs. Marvel Zombies
Inferno

Hot Garbage
X-Tinction Agenda

After reading this weeks Ultimate End, you can put that in Hot Garbage as well.

ElNarez

Banned
Action Comics #42 is one hell of a comic. It's probably the most direct reference of current events in a comic since Material #1, and I'm completely serious on that. If you missed the "Superman as social justice crusader" from the beginning of Morrison's run you'll wanna hop on that, because it's got a realness to it that I didn't think you could get in a contemporary cape comic of this magnitude. It's a great fucking issue.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I wouldn't get too excited.
http://deadshirt.net/2015/07/01/your-deadshirt-new-comics-shopping-list-for-july-1st-2015/

kinda bummed i bought it without reading that

leave it to robinson to whiff the best thing he's written in years
shoulda known better

That's really unfortunate. I didn't know anything about Airboy until I read that, but the premise presented in the first two paragraphs of that review sounded awesome. So within like 30 seconds I got super excited about a comic and then super disappointed in it. Yay comics!

That's really unfortunate. I didn't know anything about Airboy until I read that, but the premise presented in the first two paragraphs of that review sounded awesome. So within like 30 seconds I got super excited about a comic and then super disappointed in it. Yay comics!

The first issue was phenomenal. Super disappointed rn tbh

Zombine

Banned
http://deadshirt.net/2015/07/01/your-deadshirt-new-comics-shopping-list-for-july-1st-2015/

shoulda known better

Warning: This review discusses transmisogyny and transphobia and mentions slurs.

494.gif

ElNarez

Banned
You knew 2015 James Robinson was gonna show up eventually

I dunno man, this feels low even for him. Fuck, the man loves writing comics that feel erudite as shit and he goes for the most easy transphobic bullshit? That's lower than low, it's garbage juice tier.

shoulda known better

Ugh. Is it as bad as the review makes it sound? Because the review makes me feel that I'd dump a floppy version in the trash after ripping it up or, if digital, begging CMX to purge it entirely from my account even if it meant paying them to do it.

styl3s

Has anyone read Ghostbusters: Get Real #1, We Are Robin #1 and We Stand on Guard #1? Worth picking up?

Kipp

Yah. Only Sunday.

Oh cool!

Anyone who's driving down the 5 on Sunday who would want to carpool by the way? I live literally 100 feet away from the 5.
If not, I'll probably just take the train so I don't have to deal with parking. I haven't taken the train in ages anyway, could be fun.

I'm so jealous of you. I want to quit this job so badly :'(
My neighbor needs to get back to me about that FroYo job soon... But she has legitimate reasons for her delay (family-emergency-type reasons), so I can't blame her.
Lol why would you be jealous? I know you want more human interaction but my current job sucks most days. I basically manage a pet store without having the position (or power that comes with it) so every single day is stressful as hell. I would love the job you have right now but my new one doesn't sound so bad (starting as tech support).
I never buy statues from shops. They always put them in display cases and I don't want someone else's cooties on my stuff.

I feel you, that's why I went for a Kotobukiya since they come in boxes! I was looking for Batwoman, Chun-Li, or Nina Williams. Unfortunately my shop was out of the first two (just saw Chun not too long ago too) so I went with Nina. Fine with me since she's really nice looking.

Light comic day for me. Just The Spire, Squirrel Girl, and Deadly Class. All good reads though.

NexusCell

Aw man...that was the only book from that list I was still picking up

Oh man, there was so much fucking pure BS in this issue. The Hulk fight in the previous issue is explained super poorly and doesn't even really make sense, and then there's a Punisher scene that also makes zero sense, theres the fact that a bulletproof character is killed by a fucking bullet.

Complete trash. It astounds me how Bendis can be writing this shit but be doing well on Old Man Logan.

Kipp

Lol why would you be jealous? I know you want more human interaction but my current job sucks most days. I basically manage a pet store without having the position (or power that comes with it) so every single day is stressful as hell. I would love the job you have right now but my new one doesn't sound so bad (starting as tech support).

Oh, I meant I'm jealous that you're on your last week of your current job. I really want that feeling right now. Haha
But yeah, that does sound very stressful. Glad to hear that you're almost done there and get to move on to a different job! Hopefully your new job goes better.

Ugh. Is it as bad as the review makes it sound? Because the review makes me feel that I'd dump a floppy version in the trash after ripping it up or, if digital, begging CMX to purge it entirely from my account even if it meant paying them to do it.

I'll never know. I deleted it before reading it.

Has Brian K. Vaughn fallen off lately or something? I'm surprised I'm not seeing more (any?) hype about his new book releasing today.

I can't wait to get out of work today. So many awesome books this week! The Spire, new Secret Wars, We Stand Guard, new Deadly Class! Its also rent day, woooo. Goodbye money!

Has Brian K. Vaughn fallen off lately or something? I'm surprised I'm not seeing more (any?) hype about his new book releasing today.

I can't wait to get out of work today. So many awesome books this week! The Spire, new Secret Wars, We Stand Guard, new Deadly Class! Its also rent day, woooo. Goodbye money!

I like the sound of his new book but unless it gets rave reviews I'm gonna tradewait it

People are weird. A new Skroce book after like 12 years and everyone's like zuh?

I'd never even heard of it before last night but the art looked so good in the preview i gotta pick it up

It's so weird to me that our impressions of Secret Secret Wars are out of sync that I'm thinking about giving it another shot

Well, i generally hate deadpool, so maybe there's the difference. Just like seeing him take the piss at old megaevents.

I mean, its a gag comic through and through. If the first fell flat for you, i really doubt that the second will change that.

Damn, that was my favorite chapter of Deadly Class so far. Without question. The turmoil! The breakdowns! The suspense!!! It's all too much for my poor soul.
My younger brother actually speculated that Saya sold Maria out and got her killed. Didn't think much of it but now I'm going back to chapter 13 to see if I notice what he meant. Of course Marcus could just be totally paranoid and off the mark. Pretty good chances. Saya did say she'd kill him if he left her and psychologically Marcus is flat-lining for sure.

Christ the wait for 15 is already killing me. I NEED IT NOW.

ElNarez

Banned
Squirrel Girl #7 totally just brought up
pancakes vs waffles

what the fuck guys, does Ryan North browse this thread??

Can we agree on the fact the best joke of the issue is
Koi Boy going all Year One on a rioting computer science class
?

Kipp

Ugh. There are some days where I feel like perhaps eating 7 scrambled eggs every morning isn't the best idea. Sometimes I get this weird lightheaded/mildly nauseous feeling. Today is one of those times.

What if Ryan North is Kipp?

Ssshhhhhhh.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Just got a friend into Deadly Class. Dude's been out of comics for a few years but he's texting me freaking out over how damn good this Remender/Craig joint is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom