• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
Wow where are the Magic School Girls in Wolf? Fuck this book. Right into the garbage can with all my other shit books like Material.

170603.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Speaking of that guy who tweeted personal attacks on the wonderful people of NeoGAF/ComicsGAF and made it clear he wanted nothing to do with us, has there been any word on whether or not there will be an OHC of Zero? I'm still desperately holding out for an OHC.

Zombine

Banned
Speaking of that guy who tweeted personal attacks on the wonderful people of NeoGAF/ComicsGAF and made it clear he wanted nothing to do with us, has there been any word on whether or not there will be an OHC of Zero? I'm still desperately holding out for an OHC.

Wait what guy lol

Messi

Wait what guy lol

Ales Kot.

I don't think zero sold enough to warrant one but I would buy one in a heartbeat.

I find it funny because a lot of people here bought wolf. Myself included and that kind of post helps no one and makes us seem more exclusionary.

I know. I haven't read Wolf, but I know a lot of people have talked about it already, plus it interests me a good deal.

Both of ya should really have your "havin'a giggle m8" sensors checked.

Mouth ulcers *cough*

They don't cause coughs.

The More You Know.

Kipp

Wow where are the Magic School Girls in Wolf? Fuck this book. Right into the garbage can with all my other shit books like Material.

170603.jpg

Looool. Is that from Prison School?

Wait what guy lol

Straight up disrespected.

I don't believe that Filthy would have forsaken this community. He's a badass dude and he's an art baller.

He's probably too ashamed of not posting that pic of me and him to post here ever again. Fair enough.

Lol amazing. Would I still think Prison School is hilarious if I haven't read any other manga and thus wouldn't really understand the tropes that they're making fun of?
Because it looks kind of hilarious and I kinda want it.

I think especially so. Someone like me who is familiar with the tropes would come in kind of cynical (which I did).

Lol amazing. Would I still think Prison School is hilarious if I haven't read any other manga and thus wouldn't really understand the tropes that they're making fun of?
Because it looks kind of hilarious and I kinda want it.

You'll love it, Kipp. The shit that happens in this book is completely absurd.

Kipp

I think especially so. Someone like me who is familiar with the tropes would come in kind of cynical (which I did).

You'll love it, Kipp. The shit that happens in this book is completely absurd.

Hell yes. Awesome.
I'll probably make an IST order very soon with Kabuki LE, Prison School, and something else that I haven't decided on yet.
Is there any preview of it anymore so I can read a handful of pages to make sure it's something I'll enjoy?

Edit: Oh wait, it's only $10 on Amazon. That's $5 cheaper than IST. :O
Plus Prime shipping. Plus it's manga so who cares if it gets all busted up due to poor shipping.

frye

He should have made Winter Soldier more Metal Gear like then. Have Bucky sneak into facilities and uncover conspiracies. Man that would have been awesome. :(

I doubt it's those parts of Metal Gear that really interest him and I seriously doubt that that Winter Soldier comic would have ever been a conventional spy story

Vibranium

Banned
I doubt it's those parts of Metal Gear that really interest him and I seriously doubt that that Winter Soldier comic would have ever been a conventional spy story

Yeah, you're absolutely right. The thing is though, Winter Soldier just doesn't jive with the multiverse for me. A lot of fans were really disappointed and lost interest.

I want a MGS style book for WS. I just hope Marvel gives it another shot.

So on the minus side I didn't get a chance to read much of anything yesterday. But on the major plus side I got to see my sister in person for the first time in over two years. She was in Kyrgyzstan with the Peace Corps, then around Eastern Europe for a bit with her boyfriend that had also been there with the Peace Corps. Yesterday evening was her first time back in the U.S. since she left.

Of course, the downside is that due to how we were seated at the table in the loud restaurant I basically had no chance to talk to her. She also seemed more interested in talking to the two friends from school that came with us and her boyfriend than she was with our parents, our brother, or me.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
WELL WELL WELL

Look who finally decided to grace us with his presence

Why have you forsaken us, Filthy Slug.

Had to go on a spirit quest, yo.

and where are those "pics"

we don't want to make Kipp into a filthy (slug) liar do we

Weird part is those pics are saved alongside my pic with Ales Kot on my old phone. The pics are coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom