• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

Slam Dunk covers are fire:

X0DRgG9.jpg
yLIg2am.jpg

bPqZuo7.jpg
gQNWMGe.jpg

There was an Image series from a few years back called Vescell.

The International Company known as Vescell specializes in what is commonly known as 'Vtrans', the transferring of a person's mind and spirit from one body into another. Former Icarus City Detective, Mauricio 'Moo' Barrino is now Vescell's best agent, handling the most high profile and dangerous cases. In the seedy world of a high end corporate espionage, where mysticism and guns clash, and money is tainted with sin, Agent Mauricio Barrino fights against the demons of fate while trying to reach the heaven of his destiny. Be prepared for the bar-raising, sci-fi noir epic that is VESCELL.

It only ever got 8 issues, but it was supposed to be finished as a graphic novel that never actually materialized. I enjoyed the book quite a bit and would suggest it to anyone who likes sci-fi comics with pretty art. It's a mature title with a good bit of nudity, FYI. It's all available on Comixology. When I got rid of my floppies, Vescell was among the shortbox-worth of books I kept.

Vic_Viper

When does the new Star Wars and Darth Vader take place among the main timeline from the films? And do they tie into each other. Like should I be reading them together or are they completely stand alone?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My buys for the month of August.

Autumnlands #13
Birthright #18
Black Monday Murders #1
Black Road # 5
Black Science #23
Chew #57
Drister #14
East of West #29
Horizon #2
Hunt #2
I Hate Fairyland #8
Lake of Fire #1
Lazarus #24
Manifest Destiny #22
Nailbiter #24
Paper Girls #8
Revival #42
Saga #37
Spread #15
Switch #7
Tokyo Ghost #10
The Walking Dead #157
The Wicked + The Divine #22

Hex 11 #8

When does the new Star Wars and Darth Vader take place among the main timeline from the films? And do they tie into each other. Like should I be reading them together or are they completely stand alone?

Between IV and V. They intertwine a bit, plus there is the Vader Down crossover.

Ah, August. One of the best months, because it's my birthday month. And it's my holidays too. Junk will be eaten, games will be played and streamed, nights out will be had, perhaps even some comics will be read. It's good times.

TheFlow

Banned
My buys for the month of August.

Autumnlands #13
Birthright #18
Black Monday Murders #1
Black Road # 5
Black Science #23
Chew #57
Drister #14
East of West #29
Horizon #2