• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Nick Bradshaw's cover to Action Comics #989:
ac_cv989.solicits-768u5q8p.jpg

Get the homage?

Pachimari

I'm currently reading through the Infinity event to get to know the Black Order more, but which comic books were the Avengers: Infinity War movie likely to adapt or be based on? Was it Infinity Gauntlet from 1991, and Infinity War from 1992?

shingi70

Banned
Greg Ruckas Wonder Woman was underwhelming to say the least. The Irgun story was great but the present day stuff outside of the Liam sharpe art really fell flat, especially near the end.

I'm glad all the other writers seem to be ignoring his present day stuff in the same way he felt the need to steam roll over the new 52 stuff and fuck with other books.

I'm currently reading through the Infinity event to get to know the Black Order more, but which comic books were the Avengers: Infinity War movie likely to adapt or be based on? Was it Infinity Gauntlet from 1991, and Infinity War from 1992?

Most likely Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet.

I have yet to read Infinity War but from what I've heard it's yet another case of them taking a cool title from a mediocre comic and doing their own thing with it.

Pachimari

So after I'm done with Infinity (2013). I will read:

- Thanos' Quest (1990)
- Infinity Gauntlet (1991)
- Infinity War (1992)
- Infinity Crusade (1993)

To get most of Thanos, the gauntlet and all what comes with it.

So after I'm done with Infinity (2013). I will read:

- Thanos' Quest (1990)
- Infinity Gauntlet (1991)
- Infinity War (1992)
- Infinity Crusade (1993)

To get most of Thanos, the gauntlet and all what comes with it.
Check out the Thanos book that ended right as Annihilation started. It's pretty alright.

Have the latest Superman and Action books to catch up on, but I liked everything else this week. Good Flash issue and the first post-Rucka Wonder Woman issue was fun.

Hoping for a nice Comic Con sale to add to my ridiculous backlog.

The art in Superman #26 is dodgy as hell. One panel is serviceable, then the next is pure trash. Not a good look for the book. Superman looks 60 in one panel, and Jon could pass for thirty in another.

Freeza I forgot to send you my September list. It's at home and I am now on holidays for 3 weeks. I am sorry to have failed you. We will now be behind on OTs and you will receive October's list before September. Apologies.

I was wondering why you hadn't sent a September list. But it's not like I was sad because I had no work to do. Don't bother with sending the October list before September though, as I'm not touching anything before September is done.

Did you spot the Silver Surfer delays on the final issues btw?

Of course he didn't. He waits until a day just before the OT is supposed to go up to tell me those things. :3

Good read. It's pretty much saying Marvel has no idea what they're doing, which is pretty much what we've known for some time now. It feels like everything went kaput after Secret Wars.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Hm, four cloaked Statues at the Marvel Event at D23
Fantastic Four Love at the Kirby Tribute
The Entertainment Weekly Guy tweeting about the Infinity Gauntlet in Avengers 3 beeing so powerful, that it can open doors to other superhero dimensions...

Guys. Its happening.

The Entertainment Weekly Guy tweeting about the Infinity Gauntlet in Avengers 3 beeing so powerful, that it can open doors to other superhero dimensions...

Guys. Its happening.
Nah, it's just going to be their way of pulling in an alternate Iron Man.

Guys. Its happening.

The biggest cocktease in Marvel history? Yup.

Vic_Viper

The book is actually getting me a bit hyped for the show. But Jesus FUCK I don't give a single shit about Diamondback. Boring-ass villain is boring.

LOL. When does the Defenders book even take place!? It has to be before Secret Empire with that
Punisher
appearance in issue 3 right?

Guys. Its happening.

I'd like it to be this...

Nah, it's just going to be their way of pulling in an alternate Iron Man.

But it's probably this.

Revisiting Carol's origins...great.

Top Bottom