• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Hopefully that Hickman's Avenger omnibus makes sense the way they published it, cus I really don't wanna bother jumping all over to read it in the "correct" order.

VanWinkle

Hopefully that Hickman's Avenger omnibus makes sense the way they published it, cus I really don't wanna bother jumping all over to read it in the "correct" order.

It's in the Hickman-approved reading order.

nIyCSE.jpg

Early 'Tec solicits.
A team with Tim, huh?

Some quotes from the Marvel panel at D23:
Quesada said Civil War came out of "the worst retreat we ever had." The first two days there were no good ideas coming out, and Quesada was worried about Marvel having its first bust. But Millar and Bendis came back on the last day with this idea of the Superhero Registration Act, which made the room "explode" with ideas.

Quesada said that as a result, Iron Man became the most popular character in the Marvel Universe, because of his moral ambiguity that got fans talking.

Comparing Marvel to DC, Quesada said that "at the end of the day, Superman is really the character, and Clark Kent is a facade he puts on to live among us. But he's really Superman." He added that on the day Thomas and Martha Wayne were killed, "Bruce Wayne was killed" and Batman took his place.

In the Marvel method, Quesada countered, "in our paradigm, our characters are not characters who put on human masks to be with us — they're humans that put on masks to do other things. And I think we can relate to that on every single level."
Only Legacy mention:
Next up is Marvel Legacy, which is out in the fall. "To put it simply, it's some of the iconic heroes are coming back — they've been gone for a little while, so there's a back-to-basics approach that is really cool. We'll see some old characters, we'll see some new characters... it's gonna be awesome."

Pachimari

So it seems Marvel Unlimited hadn't loaded more than that one page, so it makes more sense now as to why I only got one page. Gotta new New Avengers #8 and then jump straight to New Avengers #9 since I just got through Infinity #1 and Avengers #18.

VanWinkle

I don't buy that QUOTE. In the versions of Superman Clark Kent is the person and Superman the façade.

Marvel isn't all that different either. While it is partially true some characters are stuck in those identities.

Yeah, the "human" side of Superman is an extremely important part of who that character is. Batman I understand, but it's not like there aren't Marvel characters who are the same, and that's not even a bad thing.

Honestly, it just comes down to which side of the characters the writers want to focus more on.

Sandfox

"But I hate Pymtron."

Admit it jerks, Pym as Ultron is best thing he's done in years.

Yeah, Pymtron is fun. Pym is on the cover of Legacy so it will be interesting to see if anything happens with him.

I want a book by the Silver Surfer creative team that stars Pym, Jan, Scott, and their daughters going on scientific adventures.

mreddie

Yeah, Pymtron is fun. Pym is on the cover of Legacy so it will be interesting to see if anything happens with him.

I want a book by the Silver Surfer creative team that stars Pym, Jan, Scott, and their daughters going on scientific adventures.

Just take out Pym, it's likely they're gonna do something about that later on.

Smart man says handle the Pymtron shit around AntWasp

Adam Strange Silver Age omnibus dropping next week. Hopefully 50% off from IST. Yay or nay?

Do you like silver age, slightly cheesy comics, and sci-fi? Then heck yes. If you don't, then no. I personally dig it. There's very much a "here's a huge problem/puzzle, how will they solve it!" structure to most issues, so don't expect much meta-arc across the run. But it is good comic-book-y fun with rocket packs, zeta beans, and rayguns. Once the art locks on it stays pretty consistently good for the era too.

Malyse

Reading through every appearance of X-23 for reasons and I'm just getting to Uncanny V3 for the first time. This is so good! Man, I love it.

It's a pity that they offed Cyclops right when he was working as a character for me. The only other time I liked him was Astonishing.

Also Jubilee > Kitty.

Fight me.

Have to see it on the page but first impression isn't great. Too busy.

It's AzBats. That's the point.

Spectacular Spidey top book of June.

Not surprising. We'll see where it lands in the next month.

Why do people dislike Bleedingcool. When it comes to rumors they're right about 75% of the time.

Nowhere near. You only think that because you only remember the last story Rich posts on a subject. He's a rumormonger who will post anything that comes across his desk.

Seriously, google Fantastic Four on Bleeding Cool and you can follow a trailer of tons of bad rumor posts before he kinda go one or two right.

Slayven

The Maker, arguably the smartest man in the multiverse creates an evil avengers roster. And the best he comes up with is Paibok, Vermin, White Tiger, and the Screamer?

And he has access to other realities?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just realised Wolverine is coming back and X-23 is going back to being regular ass X-23 (that explains the Cable team I guess) and that makes me sad.

Sad in the same way Jane going away for regular ass Thor makes me sad. I'm sad change is never permanent. I know that after 35 years I should be used to it, but Im not.

Sandfox

just realised Wolverine is coming back and X-23 is going back to being regular ass X-23 (that explains the Cable team I guess) and that makes me sad.

Sad in the same way Jane going away for regular ass Thor makes me sad. I'm sad change is never permanent. I know that after 35 years I should be used to it, but Im not.

We don't know what's happening with Laura or Jane yet outside of the fact that All-New Wolverine is continuing.

Nightwing #24 brings a question to light:
Kid Amazo is alive? I don't recall him living through sll that shit. Or making it out well enough.

Also Dick Grayson is the greatest superhero of all time.
The Maker, arguably the smartest man in the multiverse creates an evil avengers roster. And the best he comes up with is Paibok, Vermin, White Tiger, and the Screamer?

He only pulled from that Earth as far as I recall.

Also he picked people he thought would be hard counters.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Does it really matter what they call Laura? She'll still be the same character.

The Thor thing is way different.

And everyone on Cable's team look time displaced.

dh4niel

Reading through every appearance of X-23 for reasons and I'm just getting to Uncanny V3 for the first time. This is so good! Man, I love it.

It's a pity that they offed Cyclops right when he was working as a character for me. The only other time I liked him was Astonishing.

Also Jubilee > Kitty.

Fight me.

No one is going to fight you on that. Kitty hasn't been interesting since Whedon's Astonishing. She phases a giant space bullet through the planet FFS! I know she's still finding her feet being leader of Gold team but, eh.

Dalek

Defenders is really good-great artwork. I loved the Blade cameo and it made me wish he was part of the book permanently.

Slayven

Kid Amazo is alive? I don't recall him living through sll that shit. Or making it out well enough.

New Warriors would be embarrassed to fight that team.

Defenders is really good-great artwork. I loved the Blade cameo and it made me wish he was part of the book permanently.

The book is actually getting me a bit hyped for the show. But Jesus FUCK I don't give a single shit about Diamondback. Boring-ass villain is boring.

Kid Amazo was in Super Sons as well IIRC.

Ross61

Always.

I still can't believe DC even fathomed killing him once.

Bendis is a great writer if you give him his toys and one corner of the universe to play with.
It would supposed to an event like Cap's death. Someone on twitter broke it down and I understood.

Messi

Freeza I forgot to send you my September list. It's at home and I am now on holidays for 3 weeks. I am sorry to have failed you. We will now be behind on OTs and you will receive October's list before September. Apologies.

Freeza I forgot to send you my September list. It's at home and I am now on holidays for 3 weeks. I am sorry to have failed you. We will now be behind on OTs and you will receive October's list before September. Apologies.
Did you spot the Silver Surfer delays on the final issues btw?

dan2026

There is Z list.

Then there is Z list.

Then there is Vermin.

Top Bottom