• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

mreddie

As expected. Way too many variants, bonuses, discounts for huge orders etc for it not to be ordered high. Having a FCBD lead-in helped as well.

No clue what will happen to the book with Slott going back to basics.

This isn't the first time where Spidey had two books.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That's how I remember Bagley drawing him in like 1994. I always thought Bagleys Venom was the best take on the character.
I only know how his Ultimate Venom looks like and I like that one far more then this... He just looks dull. I dont know.

I like the short phase when McFarlane design was still the go to design but they already made the jaw a bit longer and not yet exaggerated the tongue completely.

Beside that, I really love the first time Gargan was Venom:
185px-Scorpvenom.jpg

tim1138

I only know how his Ultimate Venom looks like and I like that one far more then this... He just looks dull. I dont know.

I like the short phase when McFarlane design was still the go to design but they already made the jaw a bit longer and not yet exaggerated the tongue completely.

Beside that, I really love the first time Gargan was Venom:
185px-Scorpvenom.jpg

Going back and looking again, I guess Bagley did exaggerate his jaw back in the day. For some reason I thought that was a McFarlane and Ron Lim thing.

Been really enjoying the Bug mini series, even though I am completely unfamiliar with all of these characters.

Allred's art has really grown on me. I didn't used to like it. It though it was stiff and lacked emotional expression. But I enjoy it quite a bit now.

Sandfox

It's going to turn out that Steve wasn't in control of his actions, so I'm curious to see where they go with that.

So, who is going against my bet that Peter is going to be the new JJJ or the new Robbie of the Bugle after 789?

Also, Bagleys Venom looks stupid. I am fine with not totally exagerating him, but he looks like Juggernaut with a black surface.
That's what I'm expecting.

I have no attachment, but a lot of people see Bagley's Venom as iconic.
This isn't the first time where Spidey had two books.
Yeah, they only stopped when BND started and the book began to triple ship.

Pachimari

With all of these D23 updates I can't contain my hype for the reveal of the Black Order, so I decided to start up the Infinity run for the first time, and I've just finished Avengers #14 and I have no idea what's going on. I think I see communication sites in different countries, huge cockroaches, creatures with square heads with four faces each, and some superheroes fighting off said creatures in Australia. Some of these heroes and their abilities I don't even know, so phew, what a mouthful.

Stalk

They can be real assholes.

And it's closer to 50%. If that.

I don't hate them entirely but they really like to run with non-stories. Went to a Mark Buckingham thing in London once at Orbital, he made an off hand comment that he'd like to do a Captain Britain book - next day Bleeding Cool has a "CAPTAIN BRITAIN BOOK FROM MARK BUCKINGHAM COMMIINNNNNGGGG".

Greatest Spider-woman: Not read enough Jessica Drew to really comment on her but I love me some Cindy. (What's worth reading Spider-woman wise?)

Mafro

Why do people dislike Bleedingcool. When it comes to rumors they're right about 75% of the time.
I never used to mind them but the site has gone downhill fast over the past few years when the began concentrating on games and media other than comics, TV and movies, and it's been more and more of a shit show ever since that idiot troll Jude Terror started writing tons of snarky articles for them. I don't even bother wasting my time reading them anymore, would be interesting to see if there's been a decline in readership.

They're also overly smug and smarmy whenever one of their rumours turns out to be true (it's nowhere near as often as 75%). Fair enough you got something right, but there's no need to be all "haha nerr nerr just like we exclusively TOLDYA! months ago" about it.

tim1138

Bruce is quantum leaping through time. In one of the issues, Bruce becomes a detective in a noir setting.

You are now remembering that Cameron Stewart was supposed to draw the fourth issue but bailed like a week before he was supposed to start which caused the book to be late.

Pachimari

So I read Avengers #14-17 and I guess some Manifold have seen the end as shown by Captain Universe, and he has come back to tell the Avengers about it. Starbrand is finally ready for whatever, and who the guy is teaching him I have no idea. I go on to read the one page of New Avengers #8 I am presented with and I quickly told about a war going on between Wakanda and Atlantis, and some Illuminati group who I assume are the most clever people in the universe.

Well then... I got no idea what's going on, welp.

Come to think of it, I don't know those two creatures on Mars both Manifold and Captain America came to win over to their side. This is so fucking strange.

I really hate comics sometimes, damn.
Venom and Amazing are really making me think about giving Marvel a break and trying Vertigo's stuff.

By the way, do we know where Captain America stands now? He the Ultimate universe dude, an alternate dimension Cap, still the cube-controlled real Cap, etc?

VanWinkle

Anybody reading any collected editions?

I'm going through Wonder Woman by Perez Vol. 2 Omnibus. After the first two nearly-useless issues (it was two parts of the old Invasion storyline; hate when they do that), it's been fantastic. It's kind of crazy how good of a writer Perez is, since he doesn't do it much.

q8vCDB.jpg

Malyse

Gwen’s new honest to goodness super powers definitely change up how the book works, but she’s also gaining an awareness of her place in the Marvel universe. When she first showed up, she was completely selfish and irresponsible, believing it to be fictional and thinking that nothing she did had any repercussions. Nobody else’s lives were real to her. But as she’s getting up to nearly two years in the comics, she’s made friends, and seen the consequences of her actions. She’s trying to become a better person, but at the same time she sees that some powerful force in the Marvel Universe wants to cast her as a joke and a low-rate villain. Things are getting existential for Gwen!
yeeeeesss

Anybody reading any collected editions?

I'm going through Wonder Woman by Perez Vol. 2 Omnibus. After the first two nearly-useless issues (it was two parts of the old Invasion storyline; hate when they do that), it's been fantastic. It's kind of crazy how good of a writer Perez is, since he doesn't do it much.

[IG]http://i.cubeupload.com/q8vCDB.jpg[/IMG]

I have to get around to reading this run!

I am trying to wrap up the X-Statix omnibus. Not too much of the main series left. The X-Statix vs Avengers arc is rather decent. Some of the fights seem a bit stupid but some are great fun. Also, all the Avengers sound like assholes even though you know they are doing the right thing in this case.

Top Bottom