• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Got my final IST book in today.
ujWaFaZl.jpg

Spine.
8G8FWmTl.jpg

mjc

That Hickman Avengers omnibus is SEXUAL but I don't have $125 to drop on it. Guess I'll stick with the peasant MU issues.

Pachimari

Yeah, I pronounce Ex Nihila the same way. And Kl'rt like "Clurt".

I've also never owned an omnibus. I'm thinking of maybe getting the Infinity one, since it'll be the first event I've ever completed in comics.

That Hickman Avengers omnibus is SEXUAL but I don't have $125 to drop on it. Guess I'll stick with the peasant MU issues.

I was about to say it is $62.50 + no tax + free shipping (US) on instocktrades.com but it looks like it is out of stock there.

Should still only be $72.50 once it comes back in stock.

Nope I've actually found I've liked it less each time I've watched it. Theres some okay action/comedy moments but the story is complete tosh that falls apart the more you think about it.

Though I've actually found the more I've watched Iron man 3 around that time the more I think thats tosh as well. Ben Kingsley was great but the rest is really bad. At least Iron man 2 had some comedy/daft humour.

It really was a lull before Winter soldier kickedd phase 2 back into gear again.

Yeah, I feel like I agree with this. Thor: The Dark World wasn't very good at all, and as you might have guessed I watched Iron Man 3 last week too (as I'm going back through the MCU). Iron Man 3 felt like it had a few scenes missing linking things together, like the entire act with Tony as 'the mechanic' just felt off somehow. When I watch it I like, but if I think about it... something is wrong.

The Ben Kingsley swerve was amazing when I saw at the cinema, and I still like it now.

I'm afraid it's true, monkey. I still like comics

Oh man I don't know where to begin ha ha

I've been reading a ton. Almost totally caught up on my backlog...

Did you travel somewhere for vacation? I read both the big Starlin collections of Warlock and Captain Marvel on just my flight(thank god for iPads).

Finally made the switch to fully digital recently. I now have loads of piles of trade paperbacks on the floor of my wardrobe that I don't know what to do with. Cant really bring myself to part with them despite the fact that I had to move them due to a complete lack of shelf space.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Finally made the switch to fully digital recently. I now have loads of piles of trade paperbacks on the floor of my wardrobe that I don't know what to do with. Cant really bring myself to part with them despite the fact that I had to move them due to a complete lack of shelf space.
Gimmie. 👶

Just whipped through that new-ish 2017 Elektra reboot. Wow... coming off the Blackman - DelMundo arc with it's very dark, watercolor-painter-style art, and League-of-Assassins craziness (heck, one of the key antagonists was a freaking cannibal who ate parts of people to gain their powers), jumping to the new super-cartoony-art, vegas-setting, Arcade-as-antagonist, "freakin' Screwball is in it???", series...

.. that was some significant tonal whiplash right there. I wonder if they were trying to reinvigorate it the same way the whole Waid "move Daredevil and make him happy" thing reinvigorated that comic. It also seemed to just straight-up ignore where Elektra *was* at the end of that Blackman run, her new "position" and new motivation, etc.

fuzzyset

Fantasy or SF, huh?
Saga, Monstress, and Birthright might be right up your alley. Check those out. Would you prefer something that is finished?

Perhaps my favorite Scifi comic is Prophet (Brandon Graham, not Liefeld).

Ended up picking up Monstress Vol 1 this weekend and reading the first issue. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for the rec! The store was out of Birthright Vol 1 which was what I was going to get, so I signed up for Comixology which has that as part of their Unlimited plan.

I anticipate another comic con without DC announcing their digital comic service. I'll see myself out.

Well when you're winning this hard, you don't need to innovate. I imagine if the tides shift again and Marvel gains the upper hand, we'll see some movement on this front.

shingi70

Banned
That superman cover featuring fury like is great.

I noticed no cave Carson or shade solcits for that month. Hope they aren't cancelled.

Top Bottom