• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

shingi70

Banned
His Harley is so gooood. I know I'm a blind fan boy but he draws the best version of the current Harley. He gives her different outfits too which I love.

For me it's his work on her facial expressions, that issue he did last month was amazing for that. I really like his boomerang, most people draw bommerang as this almost toadish comic relief. I like that his boomerang is rougeishly handsome but is still so obviously a dumb goobish hooligan.

Did he co-write the issue of squad he drew. I noticed some of the dialogue felt like something to would write. Kinda how the Lee arc didn't feel like Williams writing in in whole.

Ross61

Olivier Coipel doing his first interiors for DC since Legion!!

And, of course, its for a Batman story....

Reserved for the best.

I love Fernando Blanco.
MTUwMDMyMDM0Mg==

Savitar

Sejic on more 3 more covers this month!

Mirka Andolfo on Teen Titans!

This man is so talentedly awesome.

So much so even his wife is a great artist.

They probably make babies that would draw better than most. Right out of the womb no less.

Messi

Are you attributing his wife's talent to him?

I agree with you.

They are very clear that they have worked together since school and they have thought each other loads. That's why they have similar styles.

For me it's his work on her facial expressions, that issue he did last month was amazing for that. I really like his boomerang, most people draw bommerang as this almost toadish comic relief. I like that his boomerang is rougeishly handsome but is still so obviously a dumb goobish hooligan.

Did he co-write the issue of squad he drew. I noticed some of the dialogue felt like something to would write. Kinda how the Lee arc didn't feel like Williams writing in in whole.

Some of if not the best facial expressions in comics. The range of emotions his faces show in Sunstone is simply incredible.

IrishNinja

reading older Panther stuff - any particular arcs from Preist or Hudlins run to hit up? any standout minis? I've got DOOMwar & a few others on deck

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
giphy.gif

142 Luke Cage 2 17,277
143 Royals 4 17,007
146 Superwoman 11 16,137
150 U.S. Avengers 7 15,664
168 New Super Man 12 13,610
170 Injustice 2 4 13,342
178 Blue Beetle 10 12,399
183 Cyborg 13 12,076
184 Monsters Unleashed 3 12,033

Hope to see X-Men Blue on a list like this soon.

Damian and Emiko is like a critical mass of child-assassin snark. Damn shame about the writer.

God I hope the new BB team is good. Glad they're not just canceling it tbh.

Sandfox

giphy.gif

142 Luke Cage 2 17,277
143 Royals 4 17,007
146 Superwoman 11 16,137
150 U.S. Avengers 7 15,664
168 New Super Man 12 13,610
170 Injustice 2 4 13,342
178 Blue Beetle 10 12,399
183 Cyborg 13 12,076
184 Monsters Unleashed 3 12,033

All of these books are likely going to stick around for a while.

Sandfox

I really hope we learn that Max Bemis is the new Moon Knight writer. He has a new book coming, and would be the perfect fit there. I'm going to assume that Spencer is doing 2 in 1 unless he's still on Cap. I have no idea who will replace Lemire on Thanos, but Loveness would be cool.

Then again, Wasp and Nova.

MU is flopping hard yet Marvel has set up a thing around it. Likely it's the MG/DD for boys.

It is and then Legacy gives these books at least another trade worth of life starting October.

mreddie

I really hope we learn that Max Bemis is the new Moon Knight writer. He has a new book coming, and would be the perfect fit there. I'm going to assume that Spencer is doing 2 in 1 unless he's still on Cap. I have no idea who will replace Lemire on Thanos, but Loveness would be cool.

But who's the artist?

This might catch me some flak but can I just say the comic the thread title is from creeped me out a lot? I always thought America came off as extremely disrespectful and gross when she said that line to Kate and the fact that a lot of people use it to ship them is even worse.

If a guy said you're not that gay to a woman or even if a gay guy said to a straight guy you're not that straight I don't think it would have been received nearly as well.

Sandfox

So many other books that should be made yet we get America and MU.
We'll see what happens. If you want to believe BC, Marvel is trying to launch less stuff and cancelled books might not be replaced in an attempt to shrink the line. I don't have a problem with America and MU existing, though I haven't read either.

This might catch me some flak but can I just say the comic the thread title is from creeped me out a lot? I always thought America came off as extremely disrespectful and gross when she said that line to Kate and the fact that a lot of people use it to ship them is even worse.

If a guy said you're not that gay to a woman or even if a gay guy said to a straight guy you're not that straight I don't think it would have been received nearly as well.

Do you know the issue where she said it?

Do you know the issue where she said it?

Young Avengers Vol. 2 Issue 15 if I recall right.

The page.

I recognize it was likely intended as playful ribbing, but something about how America's drawn there and the timing of it [they'd just had a pretty stressful night] gave me major creeper vibes, and I say this as someone who's generally a big fan of America. [At least in Ultimates/Ultimates 2, her new run is kind of awful].

The page.

I recognize it was likely intended as playful ribbing, but something about how America's drawn there and the timing of it [they'd just had a pretty stressful night] gave me major creeper vibes, and I say this as someone who's generally a big fan of America. [At least in Ultimates/Ultimates 2, her new run is kind of awful].

Huh, that's..............hmmmmm.Yeah, that's tough.

mreddie

The page.

The tumblr crowd loves that scene

I tend to enjoy the scene, but I can absolutely see where you're coming from. No flak jacket needed.

The page.

I can understand where you're coming from, but I just see it as playful.

If a straight guys said it to a gay girl, it would be homophobic. And there is a difference there in that men have more social privilege than women (and are often physically intimidating). If a gay guy said that to a straight guy he would put himself in physical danger because of homophobia/fragile masculinity. So, these examples don't really compare. America was being cute. It's NBD.

If a straight guys said it to a gay girl, it would be homophobic. And there is a difference there in that men have more social privilege than women (and are often physically intimidating). If a gay guy said that to a straight guy he would put himself in physical danger because of homophobia/fragile masculinity. So, these examples don't really compare. America was being cute. It's NBD.

Eh, I don't agree with that, but I respect your viewpoint here. I recognize that privilege is a thing here, but I feel like your use of the latter example is making a lot of assumptions. Even as just a gay woman and straight woman, it feels dangerously close to creepy to me.

But I acknowledge a lot of people find the scene cute! I'm not trying to make an objective assessment of it or anything, just that it feels a little weird.

Top Bottom