• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

Sandfox

So Xmen Blue #9 is going to be a secret empire tie-in. Since I am new to this game, should I still preorder this book, having no interest in secret empire, or will the book still largely fall in line with the Xmen Blue story line?
You shouldn't have any problem reading it.

I just bought like all the recommended Iron Man stuff available in trades as well as Kieron Gillen's run lol. But sorry guys, I will not be purchasing the first trade of Infamous Iron Man because then I will have to buy expensive ass single issues to continue the run or live the excruciating wait for new trades.

Gonna hold off on other stuff and just read those eventually in Marvel Unlimited.

Aizo

Banned
Been lurking a while now, let me introduce myself.

My first comic was Alien vs Predator.

Currently pulling:
Batman
The Flash
Doom Patrol
Wild Storm
Daredevil
Spider Gwen
Jessica Jones
Descender
Rock Candy Mountain
and Royal City

Currently reading up on some Valiant comics on Bloodshot Colorado right now.
Last month I read all of Hellboy and BPRD Plague of Frogs. The comic is miles better than the Del Toro film.
Welcome! You need more Image pulls in your life! Maybe you're picking up trades, though.

I wonder how many of you spent more than the full year's subscription cost of MU on this sale. Isn't 99% of this available on there?

In fairness, if MU didn't exist I'd go wild on this sale. But it does, so I'm very confused.

Sandfox

I wonder how many of you spent more than the full year's subscription cost of MU on this sale. Isn't 99% of this available on there?

In fairness, if MU didn't exist I'd go wild on this sale. But it does, so I'm very confused.
I prefer the quality of ComiXology and there are certain books I would just like to own.

Morrison's Doom Patrol was really something. Of all the places in the world, Greenock gets name dropped. Bizarre.

Ha, just spotted this. Morrison is from Glasgow so it's not completely bizarre, but sure, a reference to a place I imagine most folks who read the book have never heard of (nor would want to)

Marvel Unlimited's app is so buggy. And like others said the visual quality is pretty crap. It's hard to go from Comixology on an Ipad Pro to Marvel Unlimited, you'll want to gouge your eyes out.

Fake Edit: Oh, and MU's Guided View implementation is not really good.

Owzers

House of Cards isn't interesting anymore, wasn't that good last season, now it just seems like something that no longer has a purpose. Must be what reading Secret Empire is like or having Brock Lesnar be champion.

I prefer the quality of ComiXology and there are certain books I would just like to own.

That's fair. I've heard people complain about the fidelity. It's noticeable to be, but nothing too bothersome.

Marvel Unlimited's app is so buggy. And like others said the visual quality is pretty crap. It's hard to go from Comixology on an Ipad Pro to Marvel Unlimited, you'll want to gouge your eyes out.

Fake Edit: Oh, and MU's Guided View implementation is not really good.

It used to be the buggiest thing ever. I don't ever deal with bugs anymore, it's actually a strong app now.

God dammit. Tula Lotay did a gorgeous WW print for Mondo. Must have sold out super quick.

TulaLotay_WonderWoman_FINAL_SM_1_1024x1024.jpg

omg Tyrant, Wig Wam Bam might be the best arc I've read yet of L&R. That ending! Damn. The whole Perla La Loca volume is amazing and I still have a couple of arcs to go. We get Vicki and Rena's back story. Maggie's stay in Chester Square.
That two panel sequence of Maggie crying at her dad's bbq followed by her smiling was so damn powerful.
. Also, Joey's girlfriend deserves so much better. :(

I need to take a break, this is a hard read. But I also can't put it down.

omg Tyrant, Wig Wam Bam might be the best arc I've read yet of L&R. That ending! Damn. The whole Perla La Loca volume is amazing and I still have a couple of arcs to go. We get Vicki and Rena's back story. Maggie's stay in Chester Square.
That two panel sequence of Maggie crying at her dad's bbq followed by her smiling was so damn powerful.
. Also, Joey's girlfriend deserves so much better. :(

I need to take a break, this is a hard read. But I also can't put it down.

Yeah the whole Chester Square stuff is probably my favorite part of the series so far. It's SO good, and an addicting read. I take the series very slowly, but I couldn't put that part down. Thinking about it again just makes me want to read more lol

VanWinkle

Save the jpg and move on with your life.

Hey Messi, I'm kind of curious since you almost exclusively talk about modern comics (which there's nothing wrong with). Are there any comics pre-2000 that you really like?

Re-reading JSA Omnibus Vol. 1 since it's been over a year since I last read it and I finally got Vol. 2. MAN is it good. Loving it. Stephen Sadowski's art is glorious, too. I wonder what he's up to these days. I think this is the only thing I've seen him draw.

VCjMvF.jpg

Vyer

got damnit, didn't know about that amazon promo, didn't know I had credit (fuckin 1 click), wasted it on an 80 cent book

I buy the most expensive versions of fighting games then stop playing them after two days.

Tekken 7 is kicking my ass. It seems more technical than I remember. But I got pretty good at Tag 2, so I probably just haven't found my character yet.

Treasure Mode is addictive as hell. I'm just unlocking random shit for Josie.

Hey Messi, I'm kind of curious since you almost exclusively talk about modern comics (which there's nothing wrong with). Are there any comics pre-2000 that you really like?

Re-reading JSA Omnibus Vol. 1 since it's been over a year since I last read it and I finally got Vol. 2. MAN is it good. Loving it. Stephen Sadowski's art is glorious, too. I wonder what he's up to these days. I think this is the only thing I've seen him draw.

VCjMvF.jpg

I know he liked Mad Love...

Treasure Mode is addictive as hell. I'm just unlocking random shit for Josie.

Josie doesn't seem bad, but so far out of the handful of characters I've tried, I'm having the most luck with Asuka. I started going through story mode. After I finish up with that, I'll probably be focusing on Treasure Battle.

TheFlow

Banned
when you catch a ban dealing with a clown lol!

this marvel amazon sale is amazing. bought and caught up on Jessica jones, Unworthy Thor.

That thor one was great, JJ was solid, but didn't blow my mind. Secret Wars was huge, and I am glad the negative of it is not being ignored.

I found the My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness manga at the bookstore today and bought it after hearing good things about it from one of you pervs. Probably Aizo. :3

Ponn

Banned
when you catch a ban dealing with a clown lol!

this marvel amazon sale is amazing. bought and caught up on Jessica jones, Unworthy Thor.

That thor one was great, JJ was solid, but didn't blow my mind. Secret Wars was huge, and I am glad the negative of it is not being ignored.

I'm drowning in X-men goodness right now from this sale.

Entire Morrison New X-Men run
Entire Whedon Astonishing run
Excalibur Epic Collection
X-Factor Epic Collection
and X-23 Complete Collection I got for free with that promo code for buying some of the other books.

Was not planning this in my budget so i'm going to have give up something this month, probably the Big O bluray collection coming out but these prices were insane to pass up. I mean that entire Whedon Astonishing run for like $10 bucks is crazy.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I found the My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness manga at the bookstore today and bought it after hearing good things about it from one of you pervs. Probably Aizo. :3

I can't tell if this is an out of context panel or if it's VERY in-context.
HG7sMTs.jpg

TheFlow

Banned
I'm drowning in X-men goodness right now from this sale.

Entire Morrison New X-Men run
Entire Whedon Astonishing run
Excalibur Epic Collection
X-Factor Epic Collection
and X-23 Complete Collection I got for free with that promo code for buying some of the other books.

Was not planning this in my budget so i'm going to have give up something this month, probably the Big O bluray collection coming out but these prices were insane to pass up. I mean that entire Whedon Astonishing run for like $10 bucks is crazy.
yea it really is a great deal. even you have a MU suscription there are still some goat deals.

Like Priest black panther vol 1 is going for 6 dollars. the trade normally cost 30.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This far into the thread and no one noticed that Lady Killer was listed in the wrong section of the OP? Tsk tsk.

;)

TheFlow

Banned
did anyone notice that DC has raised the prices of their physical books by a dollar.

I noticed that Batman, aquaman, superman, and others are now 4 dollars. Yet they have no digital code. They really want people to go digital huh?

Also I swear Atlantis has so many terrorist and people trying to rule. Feels like there is a new king/queen. every couple of months.

Top Bottom