• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

Not bad it just weird and out of nowhere and i'm wondering what it's purpose was other than to have a twist ending.

Yeah, I'll agree it probably didn't need to have that ending. The rest of the book was good enough, and I liked the ending, but those were two separate things.

Aizo

Banned
Just finished Criminal. That was incredible. Volumes 4-6 were probably my favorite. Brubaker says in the end that it's a book they will always come back to because there will always be more to tell. I don't wanna wait!! Teeg is such an unlikeable bastard. I hope there aren't more volumes about him. More about Tracy would be nice.

Reading all this Brubaker makes me wanna check out Gotham Central. Many of you loved it, right?

Just finished Criminal. That was incredible. Volumes 4-6 were probably my favorite. Brubaker says in the end that it's a book they will always come back to because there will always be more to tell. I don't wanna wait!! Teeg is such an unlikeable bastard. I hope there aren't more volumes about him. More about Tracy would be nice.

Reading all this Brubaker makes me wanna check out Gotham Central. Many of you loved it, right?

Yes, Gotham Central is top quality stuff.

What if the ending was Morrison's contribution?

713175884f15ec7533261bc08d255e6d.png
Actually it might have been? I think there's been two occasions where Morrison ghost wrote for Millar when Millar was sick. Red Son might have been one

tim1138

Actually it might have been? I think there's been two occasions where Morrison ghost wrote for Millar when Millar was sick. Red Son might have been one

The Red Son ending was all Morrison because Millar couldn't figure out what to do. Just another Morrison ouroboros

Been lurking a while now, let me introduce myself.

My first comic was Alien vs Predator.

Currently pulling:
Batman
The Flash
Doom Patrol
Wild Storm
Daredevil
Spider Gwen
Jessica Jones
Descender
Rock Candy Mountain
and Royal City

Currently reading up on some Valiant comics on Bloodshot Colorado right now.
Last month I read all of Hellboy and BPRD Plague of Frogs. The comic is miles better than the Del Toro film.

tim1138

Currently pulling:
Batman
The Flash
Doom Patrol
Wild Storm
Daredevil
Spider Gwen
Jessica Jones
Descender
Rock Candy Mountain
and Royal City

Last month I read all of Hellboy and BPRD Plague of Frogs. The comic is miles better than the Del Toro film.

Welcome aboard! Now that you're done with Plague of Frogs are you planning to move onto Hell on Earth?

caliph95

The Red Son ending was all Morrison because Millar couldn't figure out what to do. Just another Morrison ouroboros
Makes too much sense

Currently pulling:
Batman
The Flash
Doom Patrol
Wild Storm
Daredevil
Spider Gwen
Jessica Jones
Descender
Rock Candy Mountain
and Royal City

Welcome aboard don't let certain posters scare you away

Welcome aboard! Now that you're done with Plague of Frogs are you planning to move onto Hell on Earth?

YES! But i'm gonna wait till that omnibus edition comes out and get that. It'll be good to have that sweet Guy Davis art on paper. Read BPRD on my ipad.

You and I are going to be great friends.

Honestly I was never a fan of the movies, even as a young teen who shoulda loved them. It put me off reading them for a long while but Hellboy in Hell looked to damn pretty so I jumped in. Still need to read that but i'm waiting for the library edition.

tim1138

YES! But i'm gonna wait till that omnibus edition comes out and get that. It'll be good to have that sweet Guy Davis art on paper. Read BPRD on my ipad.

Have you ventured into any of the supplementary series like Abe Sapien or Lobster Johnson? There is a small, but vocal and hardcore contingent of Mignola-verse fans here. It's always good to add another. :D

Unfortunately, Davis stops doing the art a little ways into Hell on Earth

BUT

They do get excellent artists like James Harren, Tyler Crook, Cameron Stewart, and Laurence Campbell.

Welcome btw!

Honestly I was never a fan of the movies, even as a young teen who shoulda loved them. It put me off reading them for a long while but Hellboy in Hell looked to damn pretty so I jumped in. Still need to read that but i'm waiting for the library edition.

I'm not super far into the Mignolaverse just yet (my comment was two-fer because of Bloodshot), but I have enjoyed what I've read very much. That said, the movies are very much their own thing and while I enjoyed them, they are very far from the original works. That's fine and all; they're just doing their own thing.

Have you ventured into any of the supplementary series like Abe Sapien or Lobster Johnson?

Not yet! I have the first Lobster Johnson trade though. I'll get round to them eventually. Johann is my fav at this point. Him being convinced Roger wasn't dead was just great.

Unfortunately, Davis stops doing the art a little ways into Hell on Earth

BUT

They do get excellent artists like James Harren, Tyler Crook, Cameron Stewart, and Laurence Campbell.

Welcome btw!

Ah, that's a shame but i'm sure the art is still great. I've actually got a Guy Davis sketch Wesley Dodds Sandman tattoo.

HEY WE GOT A NEW POSTER WHO LIKES MIGN-

Not yet! I have the first Lobster Johnson trade though. I'll get round to them eventually. Johann is my fav at this point. Him being convinced Roger wasn't dead was just great.

Uh oh.

Haha nah I'm kidding man, it's good to have you. You should read Hell On Earth now THEN get the omnibus :D I've just finished reading Bloodshot Reborn, it's a good journey dude.

MG310

Things seem to be at least somewhat going back to normal with the toys at least too. Hasbro X-Men lines seem to be doing well and Walgreens is getting at least a few Fantastic Four exclusives - Invisible Woman is out and Human Torch has been shown already. Supposedly Reed and Silver Surfer after that. It's not the full Fantastic Four line I'd like but I'll take what I can get.

already on the list
nah we're joking around expect that a lot also ignore most talk about valiant unless it's from donnie(lobster johnson avatar) and launchpad( launchpad avatar) this thread has shit taste with valiant

Divinity and Wrath of the Eternal Warrior have been the highlights for me. Not read Divinity III yet though!

already on the list
nah we're joking around expect that a lot also ignore most talk about valiant unless it's from donnie(lobster johnson avatar) and launchpad( launchpad avatar) this thread has shit taste with valiant

I feel like the tide is slowly turning on Valiant.

I feel like the tide is slowly turning on Valiant.
Tbh it took a while but the joke seems to have run its course. Probably because Launchpod stopped responding to it.

I read Rapture #1 and I gotta say, it was nice. Tama is great. I do question what exactly is wrong with the people in charge of naming the rest of the cast though. Punk Mambo? Really?

already on the list

pwnt.gif

Divinity and Wrath of the Eternal Warrior have been the highlights for me. Not read Divinity III yet though!

Divinity III is my favorite of the Divinity books. Gotta agree on Wrath, though. Stellar book!

Tbh it took a while but the joke seems to have run its course. Probably because Launchpod stopped responding to it.

I read Rapture #1 and I gotta say, it was nice. Tama is great. I do question what exactly is wrong with the people in charge of naming the rest of the cast though. Punk Mambo? Really?

A lot of the names are relics from the 90's, but the names that don't make sense anymore haven't stuck around. Peter Stanchek used to go by Sting; they just call him Peter now.

Would you be surprised to learn Punk Mambo, however, was created by Peter Milligan in the modern Shadowman run? Because I'm not. lol

caliph95

I will cut you
giphy.gif

To be fair it's a 90s thing they are stuck with

It's been an old joke in comicgaf

A lot of these are relics from the 90's, but the names that don't make sense anymore haven't stuck around. Peter Stanchek used to go by [B]Sting; they just call him Peter now.[/B]

Would you be surprised to learn Punk Mambo, however, was created by Peter Milligan in the modern Shadowman run? Because I'm not. lol[/QUOTE]
Well thank god for that

Also it being a Milligan thing doesn't surprise me [SPOILER]because i read only one issue and forgot about it[/SPOILER]
[quote="Freezasaurus, post: 238946772"]I bet he just flipped through a dictionary with his eyes closed and pointed at two random words.[/QUOTE]
*looks at X-statix names*
sounds like milligan

Dusknoir

Wonder Woman wasn't perfect but I thought it was great. I wonder how fast a second one comes out. Also that new DC logo looked like the opening of the Justice League cartoon. It was amazing.

Top Bottom