• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

Was looking through some more of the Amazon cmx deals.

Coates Black Panther season 1 (three trades) - $7 (It looks like the discount applies to pre-orders too)

Ms Marvel (first 6 trades) - $12

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur (two trades) - $4.2

Kate Bishop Hawkeye (1 trade) - $3

:(

Y8zYXc1.png

Coates Black Panther season 1 (three trades) - $7 (It looks like the discount applies to pre-orders too)

I think I spent like... $100-something on 85 trades @_@

EDIT: 91*

tim1138

I got something like 25 books for ~$60.

Messi

Y'all need to pick up World Reader by Aftershock during this sale. Juan Doe on art wow

#1 was sad as fuck

Just bought Unbeatable Squirrel Girl and Vision on the CMX/Amazon sale. Should I be looking at anything else?

This sale is so random. Unworthy Thor Vol1 just came out *last* week and it's on sale!

Some other on-sale recommends:

Recent-ish Stuff:
Allred's Silver Surfer collections (so cheap in this sale! Comics at their Comic-est!)
Vision Vol 1+2 (amazing and disturbing)
Lemire's Moon Knight 1 & 2 (arc isn't done yet, but it's fantastic)
Fraction/Aja Hawkeye Vols 1-4 (popular for a reason, totally deserves it)
Immortal Iron Fist Vol 1, 2, and 3 (pulp awesomeness)
Superior Foes of Spider-Man (actually funny)

Older Stuff:
Son of Satan Classic (if you dig old Marvel "horror" stuff)
Warlock Complete Collection (Starlin at his Starilin-est)
Infinity Gauntlet (ditto)
Eternals by Kirby Vol 1 (kind of a garbage book, but his machine designs in this are NUTS)
Machine Man Complete Collection (Kirby + Ditko!)
Marvel 1602 (Gaiman doing an "elseworlds" thing)

Neat. I got a 15% off coupon for Marvel shit on Comixology.

Check Amazon first! They are running some *crazy* sales right now on Kindle Marvel collections that automatically show up in your CMX account (assuming you have them linked) aren't reflected on CMX right now. Crazy amounts of sub $3 stuff.

You won Amazon. I finally merged my CMX account to buy these cheap trades

Bought all of spider-girl trades available and a bunch others on my wishlist.

VanWinkle

UGH, that Marvel/Amazon/CMX sale. I don't want there to be so many good deals!!!

I just bought Silver Surfer by Slott Vol. 1-4, and all of the Fantastic Four by Hickman stuff from the first omnibus (for like $10, lol, instead of the $500 the omnibus goes for).

Owzers

I can't think of anything I want that I wouldn't just read on MU later, namely squirrel, widow, and mockingbird.

Voror

I'm sorely tempted to buy a bunch of Marvel digital trades with this sale, part of them being ones I've wanted and the other to get digital versions of books I already own. Then sell my trades to make room.

At the same time I'm toying with a number of trades on the Buy 2, Get 1 sale Barnes and Noble has going for DC stuff, which feels like it defeats the purpose haha.

Messi

Saga was dealing with some heavy shit this month that I never expected us to be reading about. I thought it was well written and emotional.
Also Hazel continues to be absolutely adorable

Vic_Viper

Just bought The Unworthy Thor digital on Amazon and merged my Comixology and Amazon accounts but it isnt showing up in Comixology. Any Ideas for what I should do?

Edit: Guess it takes awhile to merge accounts.

skybald

This sale is so random. Unworthy Thor Vol1 just came out *last* week and it's on sale!

Some other on-sale recommends:

Recent-ish Stuff:
Allred's Silver Surfer collections (so cheap in this sale! Comics at their Comic-est!)
Vision Vol 1+2 (amazing and disturbing)
Lemire's Moon Knight 1 & 2 (arc isn't done yet, but it's fantastic)
Fraction/Aja Hawkeye Vols 1-4 (popular for a reason, totally deserves it)
Immortal Iron Fist Vol 1, 2, and 3 (pulp awesomeness)
Superior Foes of Spider-Man (actually funny)

Older Stuff:
Son of Satan Classic (if you dig old Marvel "horror" stuff)
Warlock Complete Collection (Starlin at his Starilin-est)
Infinity Gauntlet (ditto)
Eternals by Kirby Vol 1 (kind of a garbage book, but his machine designs in this are NUTS)
Machine Man Complete Collection (Kirby + Ditko!)
Marvel 1602 (Gaiman doing an "elseworlds" thing)

Ok. If I do Moon Knight, that might be it. So has this sale been acknowledged by anyone as such, or could it still be price errors?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
You won Amazon. I finally merged my CMX account to buy these cheap trades

Bought all of spider-girl trades available and a bunch others on my wishlist.

I finally merged too. It was $16 for all of Simonson's Thor (I think). I was helpless to refuse.

And y'all got me real excited for WW. Seeing it tomorrow night.

Is this Amazon sale the first time they've ever done sales as good as this? I'm so damn broke but I still remember when Comixology had that $100 deal on the whole Ultimate Spider-Man series and they never did it again so I'm barely keeping myself from buying everything in my wishlist.

Sandfox

Is this Amazon sale the first time they've ever done sales as good as this? I'm so damn broke but I still remember when Comixology had that $100 deal on the whole Ultimate Spider-Man series and they never did it again so I'm barely keeping myself from buying everything in my wishlist.

They did it before, but I can't remember how long ago it was and it might not have been as extensive.

The 2014 one had like a different creative team for each trade? The first trade had Warren Ellis and Declan Shalvey.

Oh! Was that the one people teased for having so much empty space in the panels? No book was more guilty of that than Hickman's Red Wing series, but the aesthetic really worked for that book. Anyway, the Bendis run was probably a few years earlier.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought a bajillion things to read Freezy help

Wanderer5

Well think I have been hearing really good things about this new series before (seen it in some best of 2016 too), so I probably bite.

So that be Squirrel Girl Vol 1-5 (double dip lol), Thanos Quest (might as well at 80 cents), and Moon Knight 2016 Vol 1-2.

Okay not that many, through damn like $15 for all of them.

Saw GotGVol2. It was pretty fun. Just like the first. I basically have the exact same issues, minus, "Ronan got done dirty."

Also, I wanted to say that re-reading Whedon's Astonishing X-Men makes me want a Whedon FF.
Was the 2014 one the Bendis run? This one is much better.

This, but I think Bendis was 2012. It ends with a page saying "Coming Up: Age of Ultron!"

So that.

Top Bottom