• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

Sandfox

yeah, knew about Brisson but wasn't sure Moon Knight was wrapped up...damn shame, that was one of post ANAD's best

can't blame them one bit, bummed about Fraction though - what all's he working on?

Since he left Marvel I think he has only done the current string of Sex Criminals issues. There's supposed to be a TV series coming and he's probably just focused on that. KSD hasn't actually written a comic in a while.

caliph95

Also, Mary Marvel should stay a villain.
Code:
[img]https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111157701/3931911-9465587428-tumbl.jpg[/img]
Why didn't you post her best evil costume
/s
latest
Final-crisis-3-interior-mary-marvel-2008.jpg

Messi

Didn't a new Bitch Planet issue come out recently?

Man, Desaad's costume ideas sucks.

The triple feature bitch planet book isn't written by her.

Last arc of regular book ended in April.

Fraction still writes Sex Criminals and I am sure I seen that odc-y is coming back. They still do comics... Just. Kelly Sue is working on a TV show right now.

dan2026

DC really has done fuck all with the Marvel family lately.

Ever since they changed his name to Shazam (ugh) everything just went downhill.

Superman

Just now getting to a lot of last weeks books. Superman worked as a really good conclusion and book end to them being in the country(can't recall the name of the town), but I feel how it wraps up the Manchester Black stuff is sort of rushed. Overall it was fine, just wish a little more time was put into the Superboy Black and Manchester Black stuff.

Nightwing

Really like this issue and I love the art. The art mixed with the retro style coloring at the beginning was just superb.

All-Star Batman

So far this is easily the best arc of this run. Real good and action packed still while also being fun and funny.

tim1138

The triple feature bitch planet book isn't written by her.

Last arc of regular book ended in April.

Fraction still writes Sex Criminals and I am sure I seen that odc-y is coming back. They still do comics... Just. Kelly Sue is working on a TV show right now.

I wouldn't hold your breath about that ever happening...

Aizo

Banned
I don't know anything about the DC multiverse or the highest powers in the university. How can I learn?

On Dark Forge
why is Plastic Man so significant. I get his powers are great, but still.

I don't know anything about the DC multiverse or the highest powers in the university. How can I learn?

On Dark Forge
why is Plastic Man so significant. I get his powers are great, but still.

Wait! Dark Forge has
Plastic Man? I need to read this now!

On significance - It might be because, as everyone knows, he's the best DC character.

The DC universe will be vastly different by next year.

Small but odd wish that I'm hoping for: I hope we get a different Suicide Squad team build. It's sort of expected, with some story lines, but I hope the farther we get away from the movie the more we don't need the movies team make up.

dan2026

Small but odd wish that I'm hoping for: I hope we get a different Suicide Squad team build. It's sort of expected, with some story lines, but I hope the farther we get away from the movie the more we don't need the movies team make up.
Forced movie synergy really annoys me.

Is there any evidence at all that it sells more comics?

Forced movie synergy really annoys me.

Is there any evidence at all that it sells more comics?

Doubt it helps much more, but I'm sure it helps with some kind of attachment rate. How many people would pick up one issue and realize it's not the same character or something and not be as interested? It would probably help a bit make up for any kind of going in from behind.

tim1138

Ok. But didn't they announce something? I wouldn't be surprised of it never came back but I would have said the same about sex criminals.

The original pitch was for 36 issues and Ward had said he hoped it would continue after 11 came out last fall. But considering only 11 issues released over two years with no set frequency, Ward is doing Marvel work now, and the hold up was on Fraction's end, I will be amazed if there is ever another issue released.

Malyse

Why didn't you post her best evil costume
/s
latest
Final-crisis-3-interior-mary-marvel-2008.jpg

I did post her best evil costume.
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/X0Lcgge.jpg[/IMG]

Also if they ever get the Marvels in the DCEU:
Code:
[IMG]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/93/c7/77/93c7773efcff4885b7b96e140ef6849a.jpg[/IMG]

I mean, do we have another character in comics that *wants* to be a good guy but fucks it up because they really want power too much? The closest thing I can think of is Deadpool and that's not the same at all.

The Wild Storm

As a complete nub coming to this series, this may be my favorite issue of this run so far. I liked the character payoff we got with the conversations that take place in this issue. Between the teleporting chick and Spica and Miles with the hitman it felt like we were finally getting payoff on a lot of these character being built up previously. The random demon thing was completely out of left field though(felt like I dipped into Clean Room for a minute), but looks awesome and the moment was awesome.

I mean, do we have another character in comics that *wants* to be a good guy but fucks it up because they really want power too much? The closest thing I can think of is Deadpool and that's not the same at all.

I feel like that is basically the description of New 52 Luthor. Especially as of late he seems to be wanting power too much and steering more to the darker side of things to get it. (New Bizzarro, New Super-Man, Apacalypse suit) It's hard to ever tell which books are being considered continuity or not though.

Malyse

Has a character ever started off evil and over time become much more heroic? Harley?

Harley, Ivy, and I would argue Deathstroke too. Deadpool was a villain of sorts. And of course:

Code:
[IMG]https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/117763/2511283-incorruptible__19___page_3.jpg[/IMG]

dan2026

Has a character ever started off evil and over time become much more heroic? Harley?

Damian? Although he wasn't evil as such, he just had a shit childhood.

Harley, Ivy, and I would argue Deathstroke too. Deadpool was a villain of sorts.

Harley maybe. Although from what I have seen she is still selfish and amoral.
Ivy defiantly not. She's a psycho through and through.

Messi

Is Ivy truly evil. Self centred yes, done some crazy shit yes but truly evil? I am not sure. It's like saying Selina is evil for being self centred.

I don't believe Harley is evil. She has done evil things without understanding the consequences because of joker but I don't think she actively tries to be evil, joker style. The more time that passes you see that Harley believes she is doing good in her own eyes but can't see what is happening. Only the end result matters to her.

I read Clone Conspiracy recently. I liked it quite a bit but Marvel keeps on releasing these Spider-Man events out if reading order. If you're gonna publish the book with tie in issues at least put them in order!

The original pitch was for 36 issues and Ward had said he hoped it would continue after 11 came out last fall. But considering only 11 issues released over two years with no set frequency, Ward is doing Marvel work now, and the hold up was on Fraction's end, I will be amazed if there is ever another issue released.
Your anti sales equation working on Fraction book means it's become OP at this point. We gotta find a way to nerf it.

Malyse

Damian? Although he wasn't evil as such, he just had a shit childhood.

Harley maybe. Although from what I have seen she is still selfish and amoral.
Ivy defiantly not. She's a psycho through and through.

Is Ivy truly evil. Self centred yes, done some crazy shit yes but truly evil? I am not sure. It's like saying Selina is evil for being self centred.

I don't believe Harley is evil. She has done evil things without understanding the consequences because of joker but I don't think she actively tries to be evil, joker style. The more time that passes you see that Harley believes she is doing good in her own eyes but can't see what is happening. Only the end result matters to her.

Ivy's not evil. If you don't fuck up the environment, then she'll leave you alone: in No Man's Land, wasn't she like, super chill?

-----

Trump isn't president in the DCU, cause Ivy would assassinate his ass for withdrawing for the Paris Agreement.

Deathstroke tries to put himself in some grey area but the dude is still full on evil. He just doesn't have any kind of villain evil plan. He will do whatever he needs to do to get something done though. Including killing dogs.

If you don't mess with the environment, the planet, Ivy's few friends, Harley or kids Ivy will be alright with you. Funny enough she was a member of a Justice League before Harley thanks to JL United.

(She has never gotten a Lantern Ring, right? I'd read a mini about Ivy visiting alien planets)

Ivy by and large views humanity as significantly lower on the priority list than plants. I can't abide by someone whose first reaction to a transgression is wholesale murder. Which Ivy does, more often than not.

jackdoe

Ivy's not evil. If you don't fuck up the environment, then she'll leave you alone: in No Man's Land, wasn't she like, super chill?

-----

Trump isn't president in the DCU, cause Ivy would assassinate his ass for withdrawing for the Paris Agreement.
It's kind of crazy that President Luthor (a bonafide supervillain) was probably a more competent president than Trump. And he had a legitimate cabinet too which included Black Lightning as Secretary of Education.

Malyse

In Injustice 2, there was a conversation that Ivy has with some of the heroes which pretty much states that she using her powers for her own purpose and just makes excuses on why she uses it.
I think that what her character is when you look at it.

Malyse

In Injustice 2, there was a conversation that Ivy has with some of the heroes which pretty much states that she using her powers for her own purpose and just makes excuses on why she uses it.
I think that what her character is when you look at it.

I don't really think using Injustice to invoke canon is a good look.

Top Bottom