• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

jurgen

You mean a ongoing with a friendly tone?

I have now read the Monster Society Deluxe and the Thunderworld Issue of Multiversity and I loved it, but was totally outgrossed by the awfull edgie Miniseries that was released in the beginning of All New 52.

Even then its a real shame how DC uses the IP.

Are you talking about the Johns/Frank Shazam series? I thought it was alright. It started out too gritty but became great towards the end. Also, it gave us one of my favorite scenes from the early New 52.

tumblr_mav91ungVX1qzky0mo1_500.jpg

Ross61

Are you talking about the Johns/Frank Shazam series? I thought it was alright. It started out too gritty but became great towards the end. Also, it gave us one of my favorite scenes from the early New 52.

Haven;t read about it in a while, but what was so gritty about it except for Billy being a little asshole.

tim1138

I think she is an adult now. They don't really talk about it. They treat Gabby like her kid.

DC is already making bank off of him so they would probably allow him a pet project if he wanted on.

I would assume she's over 18 at least.

shes like 18 or 19 one assumes

The last I remember was she was dating O5 Warren, but they never really said how old they were either other than being teenagers.

How is All New Wolverine? I need more X-23.

I read the first five or six issues and it was good.

You mean a ongoing with a friendly tone?

I have now read the Monster Society Deluxe and the Thunderworld Issue of Multiversity and I loved it, but was totally outgrossed by the awfull edgie Miniseries that was released in the beginning of All New 52.

Even then its a real shame how DC uses the IP.

I didn't see it as that edgy or gritty?

Finally got around to reading America #1. It was....a comic. Definitely didn't hook me. It almost feels like the antithesis of everything she's been represented as in the comics until now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
In an interview with SFX Magazine (via GamesRadar), Buck said "there was no good reason" they could think to put him in that outfit. In the series, Rand "is still discovering who he is as a hero and where he is going to be." As such, he's "not yet ready to put on a mask or a costume."

qGwrdWK.gif

I thought Danny would his costume, but at the very end of the series - like Daredevil. He'll probably get some threads after Defenders (I almost wrote "Avengers").

Hey guys I'm doing an email interview with the creative team behind Assassin's Creed Reflections which isn't out yet but it focuses on the mainline AC characters' side stories. If you guys want me to ask them any questions, post them here and I'll take a few questions from here to submit. I'm hoping to have the article published by sometime this week. In case anyone doubts my credentials, here's my writer activity.

I don't have any questions (I'm sorry) but I think the site you write for followed me on tumblr and possibly twitter at one point

I'm so sorry

mreddie

CBR forums keep getting me mad, so much hate for new heroes.
The recent sales news has them celebrating like LOLWAIDVENGERS is failing sad.

And if the BC rumor is true (which considering the recent ones weren't true.), they'll get the Pre AN Marvel Now aka BORING SHIT.

Then again, America was...kinda 50-50

Aw heck yeah. Taskmaster is getting a variant Secret Empire cover alongside the other 'main' villains of the event.

IS THIS HIS BIG BREAK?

Probably not, but if he winds up nearly as major as he was in Civil War/Dark Reign I will be so happy.

Messi

And if the BC rumor is true (which considering the recent ones weren't true.), they'll get the Pre AN Marvel Now aka BORING SHIT.

Its a Del Mundo book of course its not selling

Sandfox

Based on what retailers have revealed about what Marvel said at ComicsPRO, it seems like we will be getting both original and legacy. CBR is a trash site though, both main and forum.

The interesting thing about people having an issue with Avengers is that it's the most traditional Avengers book we've had in a very long time in every way except roster.

Aw heck yeah. Taskmaster is getting a variant Secret Empire cover alongside the other 'main' villains of the event.

IS THIS HIS BIG BREAK?

Probably not, but if he winds up nearly as major as he was in Civil War/Dark Reign I will be so happy.
I would expect him and Black Ant to have notable roles.

Logan thread is so depressing. Proof positive that you can give people literal perfection and they'll still root around for something to complain about.

Logan thread is so depressing. Proof positive that you can give people literal perfection and they'll still root around for something to complain about.

well, theres always people who don't have a great work 'click' with them but the number of people whose criticism boils down 'thats not the way I would have written it' is hilarious to me. Ya dude we all go to the movies hoping to see a movie thats exactly what we would have written.

well, theres always people who don't have a great work 'click' with them but the number of people whose criticism boils down 'thats not the way I would have written it' is hilarious to me. Ya dude we all go to the movies hoping to see a movie thats exactly what we would have written.

That's what it is. It's never like "well, this is what it was trying to do and how it failed" it's like "Here are the three things I would have done if I wasn't who I actually am, who is someone who did not write and/or direct the movie Logan."

mreddie

Its a Del Mundo book of course its not selling

Seriously, why does Mike and Ewing make good books yet no one reads them?

Based on what retailers have revealed about what Marvel said at ComicsPRO, it seems like we will be getting both original and legacy.

Are they though? Nova isn't selling well after the bitching about Rich. And the talent pool going back to experienced writers seems backwards.

Man, I really can't wait to see Logan. I don't think I've saw one bad word about it in here or in the general reviews. Still haven't saw Deadpool for that matter either.

Started reading this trade, mainly for Batman/Hellboy/Starman but hoped the others might be interesting too. Finished reading Superman vs Predator and I have now been disabused of that notion...

Also the first time I've read anything by Michelinie and am a little less than impressed.

In less polite terms, it was shit.

Started reading this trade, mainly for Batman/Hellboy/Starman but hoped the others might be interesting too. Finished reading Superman vs Predator and I have now been disabused of that notion...

Also the first time I've read anything by Michelinie and am a little less than impressed.

In less polite terms, it was shit.

I used to think Michelinie was a god but most of his work hasn't held up really well. Maybe it was never good and I was too young to see it, idk

Sandfox

Seriously, why does Mike and Ewing make good books yet no one reads them?

Are they though? Nova isn't selling well after the bitching about Rich. And the talent pool going back to experienced writers seems backwards.

Nova has never been a huge seller and the issues with the rest of the line are pulling it down as well. The fan reception to the book has been really good from what I've seen though. Personally I would just have one cosmic book in Guardians, the Novas relegated to team books, and then have minis for solo cosmic adventures.

With Ewing it has more to do with his liking to write about less popular characters.

Del Mundo's art just doesn't fit too much with what the average fan wants from the big selling cape books.

Started reading this trade, mainly for Batman/Hellboy/Starman but hoped the others might be interesting too. .

Hah, I think this is one of the very few HB things I have left to read. Batman exits stage right early on and it's mostly a starman team up right? You'll need to let us know how you get on with it.

I fully cried like seven times

Damn. The birdie seal of approval right here, oppose to the "I cried seven times making my way through a modern day Greg Land illustrated X-Men comic". I'll probably hold out until the bluray release but I'm feeling the good vibes. Historically I haven't really got on too well with the fox stuff but Legion is awesome, Deadpool was apparently funny and this just seems gutwrenching. Maybe they're onto something.

Damn. The birdie seal of approval right here, oppose to the "I cried seven times making my way through a modern day Greg Land illustrated X-Men comic". I'll probably hold out until the bluray release but I'm feeling the good vibes. Historically I haven't really got on too well with the fox stuff but Legion is awesome, Deadpool was apparently funny and this just seems gutwrenching. Maybe they're onto something.

For context, I also watched Apocalypse this weekend and it was the single worst thing I have ever seen. Logan is not a Fox movie. It's the end of the saga of Wolverine that Claremont started, not Fox. If you've ever read and/or loved Claremont or Morrison's X-Men comics, this will wreck you for 2.5 hours straight. Even if you've never read those books, if you've just walked around in America over the past six weeks, this movie will completely devastate you.

It is a gleaming example of why X-Men comics are so fucking essential.

Zombine

Banned
I just wanted to point out that there's no Reaver with a tank for legs in Logan. Smh.

Edit:
Ben come on man X-Men Apocalypse is the best sequel to the Power Ranger Movie that we never asked for. It needed to end with a RHCP song.

I just wanted to point out that there's no Reaver with a tank for legs in Logan. Smh.

Edit:
Ben come on man X-Men Apocalypse is the best sequel to the Power Ranger Movie that we never asked for. It needed to end with a RHCP song.

Hated every fucking second. Wait no the Quicksilver scene was 72 good seconds.

Hah, I think this is one of the very few HB things I have left to read. Batman exits stage right early on and it's mostly a starman team up right? You'll need to let us know how you get on with it.

Will do. Have a Superman vs Terminator 4 issue mini-series before that, which I am now dreading.

Vibranium

Banned

It's why I don't go into movie or Marvel/DC OTs that much. I'll just stick with my opinion but I do respect other people not liking things. Man, it was a very hard-hitting movie.

Based on what retailers have revealed about what Marvel said at ComicsPRO, it seems like we will be getting both original and legacy. CBR is a trash site though, both main and forum.

The interesting thing about people having an issue with Avengers is that it's the most traditional Avengers book we've had in a very long time in every way except roster.

I would expect him and Black Ant to have notable roles.

I hope so. He is my favorite character but the last few years he's gotten basically nothing. His last notable appearance was 2013's Secret Avengers. Luckily Spencer loves writing him, so I am hopeful.

mreddie

Nova has never been a huge seller and the issues with the rest of the line are pulling it down as well. The fan reception to the book has been really good from what I've seen though. Personally I would just have one cosmic book in Guardians, the Novas relegated to team books, and then have minis for solo cosmic adventures.

With Ewing it has more to do with his liking to write about less popular characters.

Del Mundo's art just doesn't fit too much with what the average fan wants from the big selling cape books.

Nova still has that interesting solo rep, too bad Gunn is being a dick about the Corps.

Guardians-Surfer-Nova, there. there's Marvel Cosmic.

Zombine

Banned
Hated every fucking second. Wait no the Quicksilver scene was 72 good seconds.

That was the best part of the film. When I first saw it I was absolutely devastated by how awful it was, but I've slowly warmed up to it on subsequent viewings. It's still a crappy ending to a relatively positive trilogy, but at least now I can take a tiny bit of enjoyment away from it.

tim1138

That's what it is. It's never like "well, this is what it was trying to do and how it failed" it's like "Here are the three things I would have done if I wasn't who I actually am, who is someone who did not write and/or direct the movie Logan."

And every negative comment in the OT and the spoiler thread boils down to that too. And after reading what those folks would have done, thank god they're not making movies.

Sandfox

Nova still has that interesting solo rep, too bad Gunn is being a dick about the Corps.

Guardians-Surfer-Nova, there. there's Marvel Cosmic.

I would be happy with that, but I'm thinking Marvel will reduce the number of books they put out and the latter two would be prime candidates to not make the cut due to sales. That's why I want to take advantage of minis more since it can even be used to give characters who can't hold a book something for a few months with the potential to be followed up.

Messi

I don't go to other threads outside of here and ActionFigureGAF. Well unless someone mentions Tron 3 or Olivia, then ill post there too. But the rest of GAF? Trash.

tim1138

Holy shit lol just this line here. That is incredible haha

Totally agree with you guys on Apocalypse btw, love the quicksilver scene, everything else was dumpster fire.

He ain't lying either.

I totally skipped Apocalypse, it looked like trash just like DoFP was.

He ain't lying either.

Me and my boy had a movie afternoon awhile back, we each picked a movie, and we couldn't argue with the other's choice. I picked the Peanuts movie....he picked X-Men Apocalypse. No idea what I did to deserve such torture!

For context, I also watched Apocalypse this weekend and it was the single worst thing I have ever seen. Logan is not a Fox movie. It's the end of the saga of Wolverine that Claremont started, not Fox. If you've ever read and/or loved Claremont or Morrison's X-Men comics, this will wreck you for 2.5 hours straight. Even if you've never read those books, if you've just walked around in America over the past six weeks, this movie will completely devastate you.

It is a gleaming example of why X-Men comics are so fucking essential.
It is the conclusion of Fox's X-Men continuity that started with the first movie. And that's what made me super emotional. Decades later and Xavier's dream is basically dead.
He ain't lying either.

DoFP is so good.

tim1138

Me and my boy had a movie afternoon awhile back, we each picked a movie, and we couldn't argue with the other's choice. I picked the Peanuts movie....he picked X-Men Apocalypse. No idea what I did to deserve such torture!

How was Peanuts? I love those characters so much, I couldn't bring myself to watch the movie in case it was bad.

mreddie

Honestly, Logan is good but I'm kinda rolling my eyes at the fact the critics are calling this the best comic book movie.

A History of Violence outdoes them all.

Yes, yes, it has no supership finale or colorful vibes.

Zombine

Banned
A History of Violence outdoes them all.

When is the last time you have watched it? It hasn't aged particularly well. If we're going down that road then Persepolis is the best comic book movie of all time, followed by Road To Perdition.

Top Bottom