• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Messi

Personally I think The Dark Knight is the best superhero movie. But I understand that people wont agree and I am ok with that.

Personally I think The Dark Knight is the best superhero movie. But I understand that people wont agree and I am ok with that.

I haven't seen Logan yet but TDK will be hard to top for me.

I watched it again recently and I think it holds up really well outside of a couple spots..even as a standalone film without any context from BB, it is still a marvelous film

Messi

I'm that dude that recognises its greatness but doesn't dig it like everyone else does.

I get that. I feel like that about many superhero movies. I honestly think it steps above being just a superhero movie (not that being one is a bad thing) I am hoping Logan is like that.

Ledgers Joker was stunning on every level and I will forever lament what would have happened if he hadn't died.

Malyse

It's kind of impressive how badly they fucked up two iconic story arcs in X-Men: The Last Stand. I had already read the Gifted comics, but Peter David really did a great job in the novelization. Some great changes too.

After Betty Blue and Three Colours: Blue and Blue is the Warmest Colour, I have decided not to watch any French movie with the word Blue in its name in the future.

I get that. I feel like that about many superhero movies. I honestly think it steps above being just a superhero movie (not that being one is a bad thing) I am hoping Logan is like that.

Ledgers Joker was stunning on every level and I will forever lament what would have happened if he hadn't died.
Yeah, Ledger's Joker is what makes me rewatch it. Oldman, Caine, Bale and Eckhart are great too. For me, the performances are what shine in that film.

It is the conclusion of Fox's X-Men continuity that started with the first movie. And that's what made me super emotional. Decades later and Xavier's dream is basically dead.

I don't see how it has any thematic relation to a single one of those cellulite garbage fires. It was focused, character-driven, essential, and relevant. No Fox movie has ever been a single one of those things for more than two minutes, much less all of them together.

I don't see how it has any thematic relation to a single one of those cellulite garbage fires. It was focused, character-driven, essential, and relevant. No Fox movie has ever been a single one of those things for more than two minutes, much less all of them together.

holy shit

Messi

Deadpool was, no?

Birdie dropping truth bombs.

Messi

Sejic said the sunstone hardcover is a small print run as he was afraid it wouldn't sell (it will sell trust me) and didn't want to lose lots of cash. So if you want it order it asap upon release (you wont regret it I promise). Its out at the end of this month and will be 50% off the $50 cover on IST on release week. It contains vol 1-3 and vol 2 of the hardcover contains vol 4-5 but the book is bigger than the first hardcover lol.

They reference them. I'm not saying there on the same level.

They reference them. I'm not saying there on the same level.

I don't think a
samurai sword
necessarily ties it to the movies. Every callback was intrinsic to the longstanding history of all these characters, inside or outside the Foxyverse. They never mentioned any attacks by Magneto, or how Mystique is somehow really important to this timeline because they stumbled into casting a superstar to play her. It was just stuff everyone knows about the X-Men because Claremont put it there.

I don't think a
samurai sword
necessarily ties it to the movies. Every callback was intrinsic to the longstanding history of all these characters, inside or outside the Foxyverse. They never mentioned any attacks by Magneto, or how Mystique is somehow really important to this timeline because they stumbled into casting a superstar to play her. It was just stuff everyone knows about the X-Men because Claremont put it there.
You missed the part where Xavier calls back
to the Statue of Liberty incident?

Birdie are you mad that Fox is once again gonna keep the X-Men? lol

mreddie

we all thought nick spencer making steve rogers a nazi was bad and now he's doing the same to magneto, the known jewish holocaust survivor
my mentions are full of so many angry fans who want @nickspencer fired. MAKE IT HAPPEN MARVEL!!

Anyone want to tell this person this is a cover and just a variant cover?

The thing about those covers that people don't realize is that only two of them feature Nazis. It just seems to be the villains who will have a role in SE.

Wrong. "Hydra's secret weapons in the war against the super heroes." Secret to the characters themselves? Possibly. But it's facetious to claim they're just "villains appearing in Secret Empire."

Sandfox

So there's buzz online that Chelsea Cain apparently let it slip that she writing a Vision book.

Wrong. "Hydra's secret weapons in the war against the super heroes." Secret to the characters themselves? Possibly. But it's facetious to claim they're just "villains appearing in Secret Empire."

I don't see a majority of those characters Kingpin and Taskmaster being willing to work for Hydra sowe'll see what happens in the story.

So there's buzz online that Chelsea Cain apparently let it slip that she writing a Vision book.

I don't see a majority of those characters Kingpin and Taskmaster being willing to work for Hydra sowe'll see what happens in the story.

Task worked for Hydra before, but wrote them off because they were too crazy and unreliable. Currently however (Steve Rogers spoilers)
he and Black Ant got kidnapped by Madame Hydra who turned out to be Elise, and are likely gonna be forced to work for her.

caliph95

Well this is going to be fun.
Task worked for Hydra before, but wrote them off because they were too crazy and unreliable. Currently however (Steve Rogers spoilers)
he and Black Ant got kidnapped by Madame Hydra who turned out to be Elise, and are likely gonna be forced to work for her.

Does Taskmaster has standars i assume he works for anyone that gives him money.

Just grabbed vol 1 of Nihei's Blame. Reading some reviews, the discussion on its minimalist approach and art makes me pretty excited. It's pretty hard to find manga that fits my preferences, but that, Knights of Sidonia, and Junto Ito's stuff fit that niche perfectly

I started a Hulu free trial yesterday so I can finally watch Samurai Jack, One Punch Man, Attack on Titan, and Psycho-Pass. Never really been into manga or anime, so it's cool to finally have a gateway into those mediums

Sandfox

I don't know how anyone could possibly follow up King's run.
I'm just glad that she didn't give up on comics if this is true.
Yeah, there's a lot of stuff going on with this story so we'll what happens.

Not much.
I can't see it. He's a Superman character, he can make people disappear, he's powerful enough where he probably survived the rebirth of the universe and can tell people about it and he would like to mess with Superdad. I'm expecting something else.

Currently the known prisoners look to be:
  • Doomsday
  • Tim Drake
  • Prophecy
  • Our mystery guy
  • Jay maybe if he isn't locked in the Speed Force
  • Maybe Ray Palmer

Tim was surprised by the two cells next to him so he might know whoever were in them. One of the Joker's maybe?
Ray is definitely in there. We haven't seen the Joker yet, and we know that there are three Jokers, so maybe two of them are stuck in there?
Other than reality warping and an obsession with Superman, I don't think there's much. The last we saw of him had him as an ally of sorts in Morrison's Action Comics run at the start of New 52. I doubt he has motivation for anything like this, including the romantic obsession with Lois.
I see. I mean, it's basic enough, but the
reality warping could be caused by something else. The blue fire didn't affect Clark or Lois. Just Jon.
Haven;t read about it in a while, but what was so gritty about it except for Billy being a little asshole.
It wasn't even remotely edgy or gritty. Just Billy being a dick for the first act.
Logan thread is so depressing. Proof positive that you can give people literal perfection and they'll still root around for something to complain about.
Art is subjective, so people having issues with it is to be expected, but I can agree in the fact that I think we live in a time where people are obsessed with being critical of things. It's how stuff like CinemaSins is so popular. I used to be that way and eventually I stopped giving a shit and said, "Fuck it. I love *insert thing here*. Fuck y'all!" I'm more than happy to critique and analyze, but I'm not going to sit here and look for shit, which I feel some do. Art's about feeling, not math.
Hated every fucking second. Wait no the Quicksilver scene was 72 good seconds.
But costumes tho
aces.gif

Fucking why? We don't need it. We really don't. We need powerhouses behind flagship and core titles.

Sandfox

Ray is definitely in there. We haven't seen the Joker yet, and we know that there are three Jokers, so maybe two of them are stuck in there?

I see. I mean, it's basic enough, but the
reality warping could be caused by something else. The blue fire didn't affect Clark or Lois. Just Jon.

It wasn't even remotely edgy or gritty. Just Billy being a dick for the first act.

Art is subjective, so people having issues with it is to be expected, but I can agree in the fact that I think we live in a time where people are obsessed with being critical of things. It's how stuff like CinemaSins is so popular. I used to be that way and eventually I stopped giving a shit and said, "Fuck it. I love *insert thing here*. Fuck y'all!" I'm more than happy to critique and analyze, but I'm not going to sit here and look for shit, which I feel some do. Art's about feeling, not math.

But costumes tho

aces.gif

Fucking why? We don't need it. We really don't. We need powerhouses behind flagship and core titles.

I doubt she would getting a flagship or core title since she's still new to comics, but months ago she said she was working on two Marvel books. Things have probably changed since then though.

mreddie

MMN is basically Rebirth after all so almost everyone who is in the upcoming Avengers film or has a show gets a book and this is likely one of 2 Cain books.

Likely the powerhouses will be on the top 3-4 books (Cap, IM, Hulk, Thor)
Everyone else gets the B level people. (Hopeless, Ewing, Soule)

I doubt she would getting a flagship or core title since she's still new to comics, but months ago she said she was working on two Marvel books. Things have probably changed since then though.

MMN is basically Rebirth after all so almost everyone who is in the upcoming Avengers film or has a show gets a book and this is likely one of 2 Cain books.

Likely the powerhouses will be on the top 3-4 books (Cap, IM, Hulk, Thor)
Everyone else gets the B level people. (Hopeless, Ewing, Soule)
I'm just tired. It feels like we get two new series announcements, without any clarification if it's a mini or an ongoing (most of the ongoings don't go past 12 issues at most anyways), to add to a massive pile of titles that already exist. It's been said a million times, but Marvel has a ton of titles with no true creative direction or cohesion.

I'm more upset that there might be a Vision series than I am with the person behind it.

ElNarez

Banned
WOTY is Blue Is The Warmest Color

Awful film.

I'm so happy that, for all the contention about opinions there is in these threads, this is the one opinion that has found a consensus, because GOOD GOD THAT MOVIE BLOWS.

I was laughing at the big breakup argument scene, and holy fuck talk about missing the mark.

mreddie

I'm just tired. It feels like we get two new series announcements, without any clarification if it's a mini or an ongoing (most of the ongoings don't go past 12 issues at most anyways), to add to a massive pile of titles that already exist. It's been said a million times, but Marvel has a ton of titles with no true creative direction or cohesion.

I'm more upset that there might be a Vision series than I am with the person behind it.

MMN is trimming down the fat anyways. You think Vision Vol 3 sucks?

Highly likely we might get a new run of Drax.

Top Bottom