• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

tim1138

Act lol.

If ECCC goes by without 1 Milestone update fuck Rich Johnston/BC as staff, a record label, and a crew.

They announced the other day that Static Shock is coming to DVD, so things must be getting lined up behind the scenes.

Something I could see but not now. He's promoting his new book and TV series currently. He did have a Batman book he wants to do...

Yea I need to pick up the Norse book, his last novel was incredible, would love for him to find the time to put more into comics. Not sure about American gods as a show. I'll give it a shot but jury is out if they can put it onto film well ha.

That panel is half over now and no announcements sadly. Looks like DC isn't really announcing anything at ECCC. Maybe WonderCon?
Probably. They did the HB/DC crossovers, Marvel did the Venom-Verse and Image did all of their announcements. Wasn't such a good con for people who weren't there.

Sandfox

Jim Zub is taking over Uncanny Avengers. I'm guessing Guardians and Deadpool are taking up too much of Duggan's time.

Messi

Jim Zub is taking over Uncanny Avengers. I'm guessing Guardians and Deadpool are taking up too much of Duggan's time.

Not pleased about this. Was loving Duggans run especially recently. Hated zubs Thunderbolts. But I love Wayward.

Sandfox

Not pleased about this. Was loving Duggans run especially recently. Hated zubs Thunderbolts. But I love Wayward.
I'm meh on Zub, but my biggest problem with Thinderbolts was the art. I like Wayward and he seems to really nice guy so I'll never be too negative about him.

Messi

I'm meh on Zub, but my biggest problem with Thinderbolts was the art. I like Wayward and he seems to really nice guy so I'll never be too negative about him.

I agree.

I hope Pepe Larazz stays on. That dude is a legit artist. If he leaves put him on an X-book that features Rogue.

Sandfox

I agree.

I hope Pepe Larazz stays on. That dude is a legit artist. If he leaves put him on an X-book that features Rogue.
The Angela: Queen of Hel artist is taking over.

SE_UncannyAvengers.jpg

jurgen

I'm just happy they aren't afraid of double digit numbers anymore

It's nice but it sounds like they've finally wised up to diminishing returns on constant relaunches and are trying the opposite for once. They need to improve the quality of their books more than anything else...

Not looking forward to all the new #1s in the fall of 2018, though.

Is this going to be like Dark Reign but worse?
Yeah. This kind of feels like well-treaded ground. We aren't even getting Paul Cornell to write an evil X-Men book this time...

jurgen

I don't think that's possible with how quickly Marvel is trying to finish Secret Empire. I expect this to just be the heroes uniting to fight Hydra rather than a villain winning story.

Hydra --> H.A.M.M.E.R.
Evil Cap in charge of government organizations via subterfuge --> Norman Osborn in charge of government organizations via subterfuge
Heroes uniting after Cap missteps and exposes his agenda --> Heroes uniting after Osborn missteps and exposes his agenda

Kind of sounding the same.

Sandfox

Hydra --> H.A.M.M.E.R.
Evil Cap in charge of government organizations via subterfuge --> Norman Osborn in charge of government organizations via subterfuge
Heroes uniting after Cap missteps and exposes his agenda --> Heroes uniting after Osborn missteps and exposes his agenda

Kind of sounding the same.
The only thing they really have in common is a villain being in charge(and the two in this case are completely different from each other). The other thing you mentioned was Siege.

Hmm I think it'll just fall in between okay and mediocre. Will be interesting to see footage of it later in the year.

Some of the cast is decent at least. I really like the weird guy out of Misfit and GoT, and Miles from lost! 8 episodes at an hour long might raise the quality.

On the other hand, agents of shield.

Hagi

Some of the cast is decent at least. I really like the weird guy out of Misfit and GoT, and Miles from lost! 8 episodes at an hour long might raise the quality.

On the other hand, agents of shield.

I'm not too enthused about the people behind the camera. Dexter alum Scott Buck is the showrunner, the only (last i checked) named director so far has such gems like the Scorpion King 3 and The Marine 2 to his name. We'll see how Iron Fist turns out before I write Buck off completely seeing as he's the show-runner on that as well but man even with such a higher budget compared to the other shows I'm not expecting much.

I like that they cast the weird guy from Misfits for Maximus as well lol the rest of the cast I have no idea who they are so hard to care.

Top Bottom