• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

My bishoujo Squirrel Girl shipped a few days ago, so hopefully I'll get her soon.

As for 1/6; it's probably my favorite scale, but it just happens that there's way more variety in 1/8 and 1/7 right now.

Edit: lmao, this is now StatueGAF. XD

Oh nice. Still got some waiting to do, but I don't mind.

And lol yeah we got quite a bit of figure talking going on now.XD

PsychBat!

Banned
That bad? What was the list price on it?

$750.

The dude doing the review is not impressed with it at all. He just compliments the Spider-Man figure itself for not turning out like crap then trashes the base of it saying it was "cheaply made". And it's kinda falling apart as I type too.

$750.

The dude doing the review is not impressed with it at all. He just compliments the Spider-Man figure itself for not turning out like crap then trashes the base of it saying it was "cheaply made". And it's kinda falling apart as I type too.

Dude, if you drop that kind of money on something, it better be fucking perfect.

Wanderer5

$750.

Is this the statue forum review? I think the guy got a replacement not too long after that was significantly improved through still had some issues.

Messi

So the Wonder Woman movie was pretty god damn great

gif-harley-quinn-jared-leto-the-joker-Favim.com-4700604.gif

I CAN'T WAAAAAAIIIITTTT

mreddie

Flirting with buying a ticket for Phoenix Comic Con on Saturday but...there's no one I give a fuck about this year.

I already had a pic with Karen Gillian and the comic side is weak as fuck this year.

One story into One More Year and it's fantastic. Just as good as Megahex and Megg and Mogg In Amsterdam, so it's definitely my favorite new book this year. Still very much in the category of "Not Something I Would Recommend to Everyone" but it's a great read if you're into the writing in it.

frye

One story into One More Year and it's fantastic. Just as good as Megahex and Megg and Mogg In Amsterdam, so it's definitely my favorite new book this year. Still very much in the category of "Not Something I Would Recommend to Everyone" but it's a great read if you're into the writing in it.

more and more i'm convinced that these are the best comics

frye

They're like infinitely rereadable too. I went back to Megahex a month or two ago and it was still a fun read since you forget all the details. The new one's another great entry.

yeah like even though there's certain storylines that people remember as the serious and consequential ones the core of the comic is still structured like a (really funny) gag strip or sitcom

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Wonder Woman was so good that it got me wanting to read Brian Azzarello's run.

[edit]

What are the must read Wonder Woman comics? Like the Long Halloween and Dark Knight Returns of WW.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I'm reading it and agree. Kuder's art in #2 was really good.

His Gamora and Groot are top notch, and the action has been great. There was also a great giant alien beastie this time. But Star-Lord's beard is a bit weird for me.

Read Gillen's James Bond one shot and man alive, what I would give to have it redone with a good artist.

Reading this issue of Deathstroke without having read the rest of the crossover. Wish me luck.

Yeah, that went about as well as I expected.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Bought the Ann. Conquest and GotG omnibus to catch up on cosmic Marvel. Got both at €50 so that was a good deal. I thought the GotG issues would be spread around those other omnibuses, but it's a seperate omnibus... Can I read the entire GotG omnibus or do I stop at #7 like the guide says? Because I haven't bought the War of Kings omni yet.

PsychBat!

Banned
It's been 84 long years, where the fuck is Hickman and Weaver's SHIELD conclusion? What the fuck is wrong with Marvel?

cOzlZ2v.gif

In all seriousness, at this point I can't tell if I'm still hopeful this will come out soon or I resigned myself to thinking this will never be released.

It's been 84 long years, where the fuck is Hickman and Weaver's SHIELD conclusion? What the fuck is wrong with Marvel?

cOzlZ2v.gif

In all seriousness, at this point I can't tell if I'm still hopeful this will come out soon or I resigned myself to thinking this will never be released.
Hickman still jokes about it every now and then. It won't be before next year at least since we saw the Marvel catalogue for the year and it wasn't in it.

Edit: Nice, Wonder Woman is getting movie gear in I2 to promote the movie.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Hickman stopped writing more then three Comics a year. This and that he left Marvel, whatever reason it may had, I dont see this happening ever.

duckroll

Hickman stopped writing more then three Comics a year. This and that he left Marvel, whatever reason it may had, I dont see this happening ever.

What are you talking about? He finished writing this years ago, Weaver finished drawing all of it like a year ago. Marvel are the ones just sitting on it. It's JUST TWO MORE ISSUES.

Caught up with Green Lanterns

I'm gonna be so sad when this ends or gets a creative change

I talked to Sam Humphries about it on Twitter and he said he's in it for the long haul/as long as people will have him. Considering how apathetic some were about him being the writer on the book...I think he's done some interesting and cool stuff to move beyond being constrained by Johns' lore + mythos (which would be a bit ironic).

Also slowly catching up on Deathstroke and I'm not sure it's possible for Priest to write a legit bad issue of anything. I mean someone's gonna come up with like 50, I'm sure but...the book is really good, and his style works (I find it easier to read than his BP run).

Just looked at how much catching up on the Rebirth books I want to read would cost once I'm done with this term at Uni and...£150? Yelp.

Wonder Woman was so good that it got me wanting to read Brian Azzarello's run.

[edit]

What are the must read Wonder Woman comics? Like the Long Halloween and Dark Knight Returns of WW.

I'd suggest Rucka's original Wonder Woman run which has been reprinted pretty recently. The first volume's already out, the second is coming in July. The first volume also comes with The Hiketeia which is a pretty great stand-alone story.

Edit: Nice, Wonder Woman is getting movie gear in I2 to promote the movie.

Can we get movie Wonder Woman's personality as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom