• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

skybald

Just read the first two issues of Flintstones. Really clever, funny stuff.

I have only read issue 1 and part of 2 so far and I wholeheartedly agree. This book really hits the mark as a modern successor to the original Flintstones.

How often do Marvel put out MU codes? Kind of feel like reading Hickman's whole run, still haven't actually read beyond Infinity. Suppose I could just buy it all but even then, I think the FF stuff is OOP now.

Mindwipe

How often do Marvel put out MU codes? Kind of feel like reading Hickman's whole run, still haven't actually read beyond Infinity. Suppose I could just buy it all but even then, I think the FF stuff is OOP now.

They did one for Iron Fist, so we're probably a few months off.

Expect a code to go out when Thor and Spider-Man open.

They did one for Iron Fist, so we're probably a few months off.

Cheers guys. Guess I'll just hold off for a bit, probably just eat the cost for a month if I get impatient. Frustrating they can't just keep this stuff in print in a regular fashion. I don't need fancy omnibus etc. Secret Warriors is available in complete collections, all of his avengers end is in print as regular tpb, I just need one or the other for FF and I'd be happy to go ahead and buy em.

Mindwipe

Marvel sort of joins Comixology Unlimited. Mostly recent vol 1's.

Still not out outside the US.

I got a new work iPad and I had to factory reset my Pixel C recently, so I'd forgotten just how in your face the CMX Unlimited push is when you first install the app. And then you click on anything and it's like "oh, you actually can't have this because you're in the wrong country."

It's a horrible, horrible user experience. I have no idea what they're thinking with it as is.

AOT spoilers are serious business
Excuse me, are you referring to Shingeki no Kyojin, our lord and savior of anime?
It's okay
That would make me drop a book, too.
--

So, it's Golden Week, which means I'm on vacation and finally getting the chance to catch up with lots of comics in between the beach-centric vacation activities. What should I catch up with next?

Options:
All Star Batman
Batman Rebirth
Black Hammer
Sabrina
Descender
Detective Comics Rebirth
East of West
Gotham Academy
Harrow County
Injection
Manifest Destiny
Mirror
Monstress
Nailbiter
Saga
Sunstone
WicDiv

Or, I can start these:
Green Lantern (Geoff Johns)
Thor (Simonson)
Marvel Cosmic universe stuff
Kingdom Come
Magneto Testament
Hadrian's Wall
Northlanders

Guide me, ComicsGAF
Kingdom Come. Fuck literally everything else.

kmfdmpig

Excuse me, are you referring to Shingeki no Kyojin, our lord and savior of anime?
It's okay

Kingdom Come. Fuck literally everything else.

Yup. There are some other good books in there, but Kingdom Come is an all time classic. It's something you'll likely finish in a day (not because it's short or fast, but because you'll want to keep going).

Fucking Whaaaaat. Gaiman, Albuquerque and Dave Stewart on a book, announcement at SDCC. Damn. Teaser on Raphael's Instagram.

Sem-t%C3%ADtulo.png

reading Providence, it just dawned on me that Moore has zero interest in writing stories that involve the internets.

also fuck those pages written in cursive.

caliph95

reading Providence, it just dawned on me that Moore has zero interest in writing stories that involve the internets.

also fuck those pages written in cursive.
has anyone ever enjoyed these

they're always annoying to read
I'm not the only one, alhamdulilah
serious being the kind of person that prefers digital and is not used to that, cursive is annoying Manifest Destiny was annoying in that regard

So pumped for this book. The team and that visual, literally perfect. Is anyone familiar with Scavone?

has anyone ever enjoyed these

they're always annoying to read

Not a fan at all, it drives me up the wall. I'd always prefer they maybe lead in with a little to anchor that what your reading was written that way or visually show it in the panel on the page for a frame, but actually present the main text normally.

This post is from the recently bumped Wonder Woman UN thread, and was posted in December. I'm quoting here to not be off topic there. The subject of this post is Ms. Marvel and the sales dive she took right around then:

October was at 109, September was at 90 and August at 95. Which is a big fall considering that the comic was at number 59 in January with 32k in sales, is not one number, the problem is the current team behind the comic.

So looking at the charts, it seems she didn't recover since then. What happened exactly? Did she take a hit from CW2 and not really bounce back? Did the story go sour? (I'm on MU and just got to the part where Bruno left and she flew to Karachi) Do people not like Miyazawa? Wilson? (Either would be odd, since they were there when she was a smash hit.)

March shows 19K, #119. :(

jurgen

Fucking Whaaaaat. Gaiman, Albuquerque and Dave Stewart on a book, announcement at SDCC. Damn. Teaser on Raphael's Instagram.

I'm so happy for Albuquerque. I've been a fan of his since the original Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle book. He's done well for himself, especially on stuff like American Vampire, but it's cool to see him go from Blue Beetle to working with Gaiman.

jurgen

Hopefully Alberquerque doesn't phone this one in too.

I doubt he will. He seems to have become the type of artist that likes to purposefully collaborate with his writers (probably spoiled by Snyder). Hope Larson doesn't strike me as the writer that would give him that relationship on Batgirl.

So looking at the charts, it seems she didn't recover since then. What happened exactly? Did she take a hit from CW2 and not really bounce back? Did the story go sour? (I'm on MU and just got to the part where Bruno left and she flew to Karachi) Do people not like Miyazawa? Wilson? (Either would be odd, since they were there when she was a smash hit.)

It's several things. The "newness" of her character has definitely worn off and the stories Wilson is telling with her aren't as bold and different as anything else in Marvel these days. CW2 definitely gave people a jumping off point though.

People may also be trade waiting. Her book is still alright but it isn't "top of the pile, must read" anymore.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
This post is from the recently bumped Wonder Woman UN thread, and was posted in December. I'm quoting here to not be off topic there. The subject of this post is Ms. Marvel and the sales dive she took right around then:

Fuck :(

Ross61

Think it was more of him not really being a good fit for Batgirl in general. And I actually liked his art on the title. But Wildgoose's art goes so much better with a Larson's writing.

Messi

Think it was more of him not really being a good fit for Batgirl in general. And I actually liked his art on the title. But Wildgoose's art goes so much better with a Larson's writing.

How about his art on American Vampire Second Cycle clearly being phoned in also?

Ross61

It's true. Comicgaf isn't ready for their Marvel/DC faves to be on Valiant yet.

No, he definitely phoned it in. Recycled panels and lack of detail compared to his previous work.
Didn't really notice. Was still better than a good percentage of comic artist right now.

Messi

Yo Bendis Jessica Jones book is awesome

The issue with Jessica and Carol shooting the shit was wonderful.

He half counts. He's only a favorite when he's not writing a team book.

Easily one of the most inconsistent writers.

His own stuff is golden almost 100% of the time, I think it's only Trillium that didn't light up my life, and even that was just alright. Even as far as cape stuff goes, I think I would have agreed awhile back but he's kind of turned that ship around over the last year or so. He's leaving Marvel with some very well received books under his belt and I think at this point he's added more to capes than not. I'd say it's less inconsistent now and just that he has some bad projects with his name on them. I appreciate people will be wary of him at the big two though. And of course there's that Valiant stuff that I guess is supposed to be alright :p

I'm so down for this Gaiman/Albuquerque book, I can forgive any past sins or fanboy right past them, this is so good on paper. Plus the mighty Dave is going to be there to lift Rafael up higher than a mountain.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
That would make me drop a book, too.
--

So, it's Golden Week, which means I'm on vacation and finally getting the chance to catch up with lots of comics in between the beach-centric vacation activities. What should I catch up with next?

Options:
All Star Batman
Batman Rebirth
Black Hammer
Sabrina
Descender
Detective Comics Rebirth
East of West
Gotham Academy
Harrow County
Injection
Manifest Destiny

Mirror
Monstress
Nailbiter
Saga

Sunstone
WicDiv

Or, I can start these:
Green Lantern (Geoff Johns)
Thor (Simonson)
Marvel Cosmic universe stuff
Kingdom Come
Magneto Testament
Hadrian's Wall
Northlanders

Guide me, ComicsGAF

Any of the bolded would be great.

Owzers

Tomorrow might be the first day I buy a digital comic on release, walking dead. I thought it would never come to this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom