• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

Marvel released this statement because of the people who just read headlines or don't understand comics and think Hydra Cap is permanent that are threatening to kill their creators:

"With Marvel Comics’ 'Secret Empire,' the forces of Hydra have taken over and, due to the villainous actions of the Red Skull, have manipulated Marvel’s greatest hero, Captain America, and forced him to adopt their cause," the statement to ABC News reads. "At Marvel, we want to assure all of our fans that we hear your concerns about aligning Captain America with Hydra and we politely ask you to allow the story to unfold before coming to any conclusion."

The statement continues that the "passion" of fans is what keeps the company moving forward and that "Captain America, will always be a cornerstone of the Marvel Universe who will stand up for what is right, and 'Secret Empire' will be the biggest challenge Steve has ever faced."

"What you will see at the end of this journey is that his heart and soul -- his core values, not his muscle or his shield -- are what save the day against Hydra and will further prove that our heroes will always stand against oppression and show that good will always triumph over evil," it concludes.

caliph95

He's the only thing that saved these threads from mediocrity. Now what will we do? Who will save us?
QwH7v7J1tBrq0.gif

Definitely not me though i just add to the mediocrity

You know, I kinda hate that Marvel only goes through ABC for stuff like that. They are both owned by Disney and neither will be critical of the other.

Also, never break kayfabe.

I miss the pizza talk.

Marvel released this statement because of the people who just read headlines or don't understand comics and think Hydra Cap is permanent that are threatening to kill their creators:

I feel like everyone knows it will be undone and that doesn't really change anything...

Not meaning this to condone death threats or anything, but who really thought this wouldn't be undone? It's either people mad at the whole Nazi/Hydra thing in general, or it's people mad at the marvel event machine and just another thing being just undone at the end. It changing at the end doesn't really change anything for me, just makes it seem even more pointless and dumb.

You know, I kinda hate that Marvel only goes through ABC for stuff like that. They are both owned by Disney and neither will be critical of the other.

I miss the pizza talk.

Right? Now it feels like they've spoiled it, and that he might end up normal again by the end or something.

That said, it would make for a brilliant heel turn leading into Death Of Cap II

Sandfox

I miss the pizza talk.
I imagine it's for exposure and these aren't exactly opinion pieces.
I feel like everyone knows it will be undone and that doesn't really change anything...

Not meaning this to condone death threats or anything, but who really thought this wouldn't be undone? It's either people mad at the whole Nazi/Hydra thing in general, or it's people mad at the marvel event machine and just another thing being just undone at the end. It changing at the end doesn't really change anything for me, just makes it seem even more pointless and dumb.
You would be surprised with the things people believe are happening with this story.
Right? Now it feels like they've spoiled it, and that he might end up normal again by the end or something.

That said, it would make for a brilliant heel turn leading into Death Of Cap II
There is no way Marvel would kill him off again after he has been sidelined so much and Legacy coming.

There is no way Marvel would kill him off again after he has been sidelined so much and Legacy coming.

Haha I'm only seeing the joke through dude, I don't think for a minute they will. Jason Aaron Cap could be interesting if Bendis takes FF instead of Aaron. Aaron was definitely into Steranko era shield books so I could see it (although I don't think I see him leaving Thor either so could be weird? Not sure)

ElNarez

Banned

It's telling that Marvel have so little trust in their storyline they have to call another arm of the Disney conglomerate so they can say that it'll be over soon.

Sandfox

It's telling that Marvel have so little trust in their storyline they have to call another arm of the Disney conglomerate so they can say that it'll be over soon.
I don't really see what trust has to do with it when the story ends in August and people are going crazy now.

ElNarez

Banned
I don't really see what trust has to do with it when the story ends in August and people are going crazy now.

I mean usually you don't have to tell people that a story will end, but Nick Spencer has fucked things up really bad and here we are. A conglomerate using its many arms to tell people that it only stands by a writer's story because it's the one ongoing concern at the moment.

I had one guy almost get mad at us for sucking. I'm slowly getting used to the game although these new challenges are pitting us against people who are pros at it. We're mostly getting slaughtered.

I was playing with Zombine and Poodle the other night, I'd hadn't played the game in a year or so. After mostly sucking with Arthas, who I used to be real good with, I switched back to Raynor. Two minutes in, sniped a Valeera that overextended, who proceeded to spend the rest of the game chasing after me while being mowed down by the tanks in front of me.

Good times. Also we played a Zarya whose user name was Bubbles.

Wanderer5

I had one guy almost get mad at us for sucking. I'm slowly getting used to the game although these new challenges are pitting us against people who are pros at it. We're mostly getting slaughtered.

Well least we don't need wins.:p

So glad I had found least a couple characters that I really gotten into. Getting a bundle helped quite a bit. I wouldn't play it so frequently overtime, but I'd gotten into this game way more than say League of Legends.

Deathstroke and Black Hammer in new Series is nice.

Hmmm, I should read Paper Girls.

What's the surprise American Alien was amazing, even though it had kind of a lack luster ending.
I'm not surprised so much as amazed he got one of the few writer noms. Too many good writers active right now to make me choose that few for noms.

I'm not surprised so much as amazed he got one of the few writer noms. Too many good writers active right now to make me choose that few for noms.

Yeah, I can understand that. Also since it seems so long ago now. You'd think it'd be in that time frame of being forgotten by awards.

Sandfox

I mean usually you don't have to tell people that a story will end, but Nick Spencer has fucked things up really bad and here we are. A conglomerate using its many arms to tell people that it only stands by a writer's story because it's the one ongoing concern at the moment.
This was always going to be a controversial story so we'll see how it's remembered in the long term.

Anyone else aside from Boxy following the Darksiders 3 thread? Pretty funny to see game gaf grappling with the look of The new horseman through the various levels.

- its by Todd McFarlane, of course it's terrible!

- oh okay well it's by a guy called Joe mad!

- oh he isn't involved anymore, but it's based off of his original design or something!

Just funny to see these artists names winging back and forth

Anyone else aside from Boxy following the Darksiders 3 thread? Pretty funny to see game gaf grappling with the look of The new horseman through the various levels.

- oh he isn't involved anymore, but it's based off of his original design or something!

Haven't seen the thread at all, but just checking out the trailer I feel like the art feels like of bland and generic? Feels comparable to trailer for a mobile game to me? Maybe that's a bit harsh...

Haven't seen the thread at all, but just checking out the trailer I feel like the art feels like of bland and generic? Feels comparable to trailer for a mobile game to me? Maybe that's a bit harsh...

Yea, I'm not really feeling the trailer honestly but have you saw the leaked gameplay screenshots? Those look a bit better I think, they made me feel more confident. I know Joe Mad's style is basically cribbed off of Diablo and Warcraft and something the art team can kind of approximate but I do wonder how big the difference will feel. Staying positive though, I would love another game in the vein of the first.

Didn't you hear? High heels make a warrior women stronger.
Officer Dva is for a game I can't play so I can't get her.

You can suck ass and still get it. There's actually some players that will just throw the game just to quickly complete the challenge.

Yea, I'm not really feeling the trailer honestly but have you saw the leaked gameplay screenshots? Those look a bit better I think, they made me feel more confident. I know Joe Mad's style is basically cribbed off of Diablo and Warcraft and something the art team can kind of approximate but I do wonder how big the difference will feel. Staying positive though, I would love another game in the vein of the first.

Neh, haven't seen them, but I'll stay positive because I don't remember the original's cut scenes really being all that amazing. I'd just be happy if we got more of Dwarfs area from the first game and less of the ruined cities.

Blizzard technically cribbed off of Joe Mad's style. Every artist Blizzard hires all draw like him.

Blizzard technically cribbed off of Joe Mad's style. Every artist Blizzard hires all draw like him.

Hahaha Boxy pls. I covered my back earlier since I was in gaming but truth be told, I would have liked DS3 on switch, since Battlechasers is gonna be, would have been cool to have them both together. I can't imagine this being a big triple A production is the thing, just a modest sequel that knows what it is and what fans want. Kind of shocked there hasn't been a Dark Horse ongoing Darksiders book.

I don't have Heroes though. I heard she will be available at a later time.
It's just a quick download. It'll only take maybe 3 hours to complete it depending on the matches.
Hahaha Boxy pls. I covered my back earlier since I was in gaming but truth be told, I would have liked DS3 on switch, since Battlechasers is gonna be, would have been cool to have them both together. I can't imagine this being a big triple A production is the thing, just a modest sequel that knows what it is and what fans want. Kind of shocked there hasn't been a Dark Horse ongoing Darksiders book.
Have you seen the screenshots? It visually looks like a big upgrade over the original.

Dark Horse ended up with the Dark Souls comic license, right?

Dusknoir

Was Mockingbird really that good? Never read it but I see it's nominated a few times. Good that American Alien and Deathstroke got attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom