• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Vyer

Edit: Hell, I totally forgot about the cmx sale. Now I got to figure out what to get...

I thought that teaser was fine then I went into that thread....Jesus Christ.

unfortunately, you should know what to expect from OT...and certain posters.

VanWinkle

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I finished the first volume of Harley Quinn and I actually liked it. I wasn't feeling it too much when I started it, but it just got so crazy that I couldn't help but enjoy it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Secret Wars Monday concludes

Secret Wars Journal #1 - 2 small stories, the first with medieval Kate Bishop playing robin hood was very underwhelming. Aparently it continues in Siege #1 so that book isnt filling me with confidence. The second story however with X-Men in Egypt ruled by Konshu and her Moon Knights was awesome but it didnt say it continues anyware, what the fuck? :( Weakest book of the week for me even if I liked the Konshu story.

Secret Wars 2099 #1 - More like Avengers 2099. Im a big fan of Spider-Man 2099 and this is by the same creative. Fun story with introducing the 2099 Avengers, reformed by Miguel O'Hara, now president of Alchemax aparently. In fact, it actually feels a little slow and more of a first issue of a ongoing, not the first issue of a 4-issue mini. Still, its a fun read, and hopefully more 2099 characters show up soon. Oh also, it feels the most removed from the rest of Battleworld of all the books so far, I dont think there was any mention of Doom, the Shield or the Thors.

Where Monsters Dwell #1 - Hey its Garth Ennis. That was a fun romp of a adventure book, but what exactly does it have to do with Battleworld or Secret Wars? I dont even think these characters are versions of any Marvel characters are they? Very strange, but as a stand alone I liked it quite a bit

Good week overall I say, wonder how many more #1s there are left.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I assume some people ordered from IST over the weekend, right? Are they going to be super backlogged? I've thinking of placing an order but I'd need to get it in 2.5 weeks... deciding whether to bother or just wait til after the holidays.

Also, he was great in Premium Rush. So there's 2.
Bug
Shotgun Stories
Take Shelter
Mud

Lots of other stuff. If your only movie experience with him is in a couple big studio pics, you're seriously missing out.

Messi

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I finished the first volume of Harley Quinn and I actually liked it. I wasn't feeling it too much when I started it, but it just got so crazy that I couldn't help but enjoy it.

The rest continues in that fashion and it gets crazier. Not mad about the psy stuff in the next arc but after that it's all good.

Secret Wars Monday concludes

Secret Wars Journal #1 - 2 small stories, the first with medieval Kate Bishop playing robin hood was very underwhelming. Aparently it continues in Siege #1 so that book isnt filling me with confidence. The second story however with X-Men in Egypt ruled by Konshu and her Moon Knights was awesome but it didnt say it continues anyware, what the fuck? :( Weakest book of the week for me even if I liked the Konshu story.

Secret Wars 2099 #1 - More like Avengers 2099. Im a big fan of Spider-Man 2099 and this is by the same creative. Fun story with introducing the 2099 Avengers, reformed by Miguel O'Hara, now president of Alchemax aparently. In fact, it actually feels a little slow and more of a first issue of a ongoing, not the first issue of a 4-issue mini. Still, its a fun read, and hopefully more 2099 characters show up soon. Oh also, it feels the most removed from the rest of Battleworld of all the books so far, I dont think there was any mention of Doom, the Shield or the Thors.

Where Monsters Dwell #1 - Hey its Garth Ennis. That was a fun romp of a adventure book, but what exactly does it have to do with Battleworld or Secret Wars? I dont even think these characters are versions of any Marvel characters are they? Very strange, but as a stand alone I liked it quite a bit

Good week overall I say, wonder how many more #1s there are left.

It just means that version of Kate is in Siege, she gets sent to the Shield to serve. Also Siege is wonderful. America is in it also.

Where monsters dwell was great for me but I have no idea why it's a secret wars book. It has little to nothing to do with secret wars.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The rest continues in that fashion and it gets crazier. Not mad about the psy stuff in the next arc but after that it's all good.

It just means that version of Kate is in Siege, she gets sent to the Shield to serve. Also Siege is wonderful. America is in it also.

Where monsters dwell was great for me but I have no idea why it's a secret wars book. It has little to nothing to do with secret wars.

America is there from being sent in A-Force #1 right? Cool didnt know there was a book that dealt with that

Bigfoot-SOTE-1-2-e05c3.jpg

I... I may have to buy this.

Megatron

Just an FYI, I just bought Grayson 5-9 and 11 on Comixology. They rang up as $1 each after I put in the code, and then got them buy one get one free, so I got all six issues for $3. For some reason 10 is $3 by itself.

Rhaknar

Oh lol Storm just called Kitty on her weird thing with "Peters" in Black Vortex Alpha

Boogiepop

So, IST Black Friday order hit me for:
The first Walking Dead Compendium
Kabuki Library Edition 2
Usagi Yojimbo Saga 5
Squirrel Girl 2
Frankenstein Underground
Sledgehammer 44
Ms Marvel 4
and They're Not Like Us Vol. #1

And then via Fantagraphics having their Cyber Monday sale I caught up on all the rest of the Carl Barks and Don Rosa Duck stuff I didn't yet have.

And then I spent way too much money on other stuff (the only other kind of comics related stuff being catching up on Assassination Classroom and grabbing all of Slam Dunk as far as manga pickups went), so I'll definitely be needing to slow down for a while...

Megatron

Okay, now Grayson 10 is showing up as $.99 too. Weird. Are there any other $.99 DC comics so I can one free when I buy grayson?

So, IST Black Friday order hit me for:
The first Walking Dead Compendium
Kabuki Library Edition 2
Usagi Yojimbo Saga 5
Squirrel Girl 2
Frankenstein Underground
Sledgehammer 44
Ms Marvel 4
and They're Not Like Us Vol. #1

And then via Fantagraphics having their Cyber Monday sale I caught up on all the rest of the Carl Barks and Don Rosa Duck stuff I didn't yet have.

And then I spent way too much money on other stuff (the only other kind of comics related stuff being catching up on Assassination Classroom and grabbing all of Slam Dunk as far as manga pickups went), so I'll definitely be needing to slow down for a while...
Yeeeaahh I'm gonna slow down a bit too.

My final haul since Wednesday:
Dark Knight Strikes Again
Frankenstein Underground
Rachel Rising Volumes 2 and 3
BPRD Plague of Frogs Volume 4
All of Kyle Baker's Plastic Man
One Trick Rip Off
Cowboy Wally Show
Solo Deluxe Edition
Flash by Johns Volume 1
The New Frontier
Back issues of Low and Rumble that I was missing

VanWinkle

Just an FYI, I just bought Grayson 5-9 and 11 on Comixology. They rang up as $1 each after I put in the code, and then got them buy one get one free, so I got all six issues for $3. For some reason 10 is $3 by itself.

I just got 5-11 for $3.96. Thanks for the heads up! Love that series from the first volume I read.

Rhaknar

Man I am so into this Andrea Sorrentino art. Amazing work (All New X-Men Black Vortex issues in this case, Old Man Logan earlier)

Messi

His stuff on Lemire's GA makes that run. Blah blah blah weapons clans whatever, the writing was okay but DAT ART. My god.

Not great, maybe, but definitely 1 dollar good.

I won't disagree with that. But if he doesn't read Robin Son of Batman he should pick an issue of that before Red Hood and Arsenal imo.

I won't disagree with that. But if he doesn't read Robin Son of Batman he should pick an issue of that before Red Hood and Arsenal imo.

Oh, yeah, totally.

So, they found a good artist for Bombshells again, that's nice. The Batgirls are great. I know Harper, obviously, but I'm not so sure about the rest of them?

Oh, and a new Legend of Wonder Woman came out today too, if that's your sort of thing.

Which it should be, it's a great little book. Gorgeous art, solid writing.

Okay at what point did Power Girl and Huntress go back to Earth 2? Because reading Vol. 6 of Earth 2, and all of a sudden they're on Earth 2. It's weird compared to the previous volume, which ended with
the formation of a new Justice League and Bedlam plotting to sic Barda and Fury on the new JL.

Soooo....what happened? Apparently Earth 2: World's End is the thing I should be reading...did Future's End play a role in this? I'm very confused.

Earth 2 Vol. 6: Collision

And so ends Earth 2. Mostly just origin and back stories for the Avatars, the Furies, and the Justice Society (mostly the Waynes, Val-Zod and Kara, and Khalid and Kendra).

That's nice, but sort of a tepid ending. Odd that they didn't divert everything to World's End, (which is where I'm headed next) rather than run them both alongside eachother.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Think I'm gonna order iZombie, Private Eye, Kabuki vol 2, and Lil Gotham vol 2.

Top Bottom