• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

Sandfox

Now that I think about it, Kraven has been getting mixed around quite a bit in recent years, he was the first villain when Squirrel Girl started back in 2015, than he was the main villain of the Rocket Raccoon: Grounded mini earlier this year, and now he'll be fighting Cap soon. hell, I think his daughter had a role in All-New Inhumans.

Has Kraven gone against any of the Spidey people recently?
I don't think Slott has written a single Kraven story. Spider-Woman fought him during Secret Empire though.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMTEvNTAwL29yaWdpbmFsL0JMQVBZTzIwMTcwMDFfVmFyLmpwZw==
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMTEvNDc1L29yaWdpbmFsL0FTTVJFTkVXMjAxNjAxNV9NQUlOLmpwZz8xNTA4MjQ5NjY5
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMTEvNTU1L29yaWdpbmFsL01SVkwyTjEwMDIuanBnPzE1MDgyNTAxMzg=

So many good covers this month...

VanWinkle

Kinda surprised(and kinda not lol) the Hickman Avengers Omnibus Vol. 2 wasnt in the new solicits. They were super quick to announce the Waid Daredevil Vol 2 Omni so I was going by that. The Hickman Omni sold out in like 2 weeks tops. Almost worried to even open mine now, even though I would never sell it considering itll be like 10 years before they ever get around to reprinting it.

Have any of the DC Rebirth Deluxes gone out of print yet? Ive been waiting to get any of the ones I havent already bought till Christmas or a sale.

Nah, it's honestly really rare for a book to be out of print within a year. Even Avengers can be purchased easily at normal discounted rate.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Now that I think about it, Kraven has been getting mixed around quite a bit in recent years, he was the first villain when Squirrel Girl started back in 2015, than he was the main villain of the Rocket Raccoon: Grounded mini earlier this year, and now he'll be fighting Cap soon. hell, I think his daughter had a role in All-New Inhumans.

Has Kraven gone against any of the Spidey people recently?

Last time he was Ben Reilly in disguise and hunted Kaine in his Series back then in 2014.

caliph95

good god, best comic

Malin's gotta be the worst guy right now who's regularly getting Big 2 work
*check his work*

Oh he's responsible for thunderbolt and the rest of his work is pure old Image

Was anyone asking for the return of 90s extreme art, is Blink going to be called BloodBlink

Sandfox

Dan Slott is hyping up ASM 794 as an "important" issue and he very rarely does that. It will be interesting to see where the book goes for #800.

*check his work*

Oh he's responsible for thunderbolt and the rest of his work is pure old Image

Was anyone asking for the return of 90s extreme art, is Blink going to be called BloodBlink
A lot of great artists rn are inspired by 90s art but this guy is just diet Rob

Except Cyclops. He's staying dead.

Scott being dead is the only way Logan will be able to make him a cuckold.

Whatever about these Marvel solicits. The real news from them is that Gurihuru is back on Gwenpool after an arc off. Thank fuck.

Praise Jeebus. The new artist ain't bad, but it leaves something missing from the book.

That cannot be Blink

Just why, is this the 90s again

I wonder how many horses it took to get her into that outfit.

VanWinkle

The JLI Omni is just sitting on my shelf taunting me. I am trying to finish the Death and Return of Superman Omni but am finding it hard to get movitated. I still have over 700 pages to read and my pace has slowed to a crawl over the past week.

Is there any monthly team-up books at any of the big two like the Original Marvel Two-In-One or Brave and Bold? I doubt it, but for some reason have an itch and want for a new series with that set-up.

caliph95

Can't wait for the return of the Best new Villains of marvel the Bombshells
Code:
[img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/207/573/ab8.jpg[/img]
[img]https://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/fan/image?url=https://bamsmackpow.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/308/files/2017/01/Trigger-warning.jpg&c=sc&w=1298&h=973[/img]

Almost done with Hellboy in Hell. God damn, this is definitely my favorite Hellboy story. I always found the parts of Hellboy that dealt with demons and hell to be the most interesting parts, and that's entirely where the focus is here.

Are there spoilers out there for what the return of Jean Grey means?

Any chance Phoenix comes back mad as hell that Scotts been killed?

Because it just a two-parter. Williams will be back on the book after that. K.Perkins issue on Batwoman is also a one-shot.
Well I’m out then
Holy crap, thats totally it lol. My guess was a young Havok, but that wouldnt make sense at all. Does Havok still have a disfigured face? Havent seen him since IvX.
Havok still has burns from his fight with Kang. He’s also still inverted. Though who knows what that means.
The covers for Secret Weapons #0 in the Valiant solicitations look really good.

I like that Jean connecting cover

Red Locust on the Champions please. I want to see the character used more.
Yo that street crew tho

THAT STREET CREW THO
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to be, but I'm a little excited from reading the Marvel solicits. I like the look of some of the new books and some of the covers for the ongoings are great.

I like these two especially. Black Bolt vs. Captain America should be hype.
Cap would get totaled

Still a dope cover though
The JLI Omni is just sitting on my shelf taunting me. I am trying to finish the Death and Return of Superman Omni but am finding it hard to get movitated. I still have over 700 pages to read and my pace has slowed to a crawl over the past week.
And that’s part of the reason why I don’t get a lot of omnis. It’s hard to bail out. Such a big investment, get so far in and realize you don’t want to read it. It’s why I like collecting in trades. Don’t like a run? Don’t buy anymore and sell the one(s) you picked up. It’s still a loss, but not as much.

VanWinkle

Of course.

Beautiful.

And that’s part of the reason why I don’t get a lot of omnis. It’s hard to bail out. Such a big investment, get so far in and realize you don’t want to read it. It’s why I like collecting in trades. Don’t like a run? Don’t buy anymore and sell the one(s) you picked up. It’s still a loss, but not as much.

That's a fair point. I VERY rarely regret any omnis, though. It's just that if the material isn't super compelling from issue to issue, it's a little tough to continue sometimes. Like, everything up to Superman's death? It flew by. I think I read those first ~150 pages in one or two sittings. And then after that it's been like a week and I've only read three or four more issues. I need to get past this road block and hopefully something will start up that gets me pack to a proper pace.

VeeP

My Planetary omnibus came today. I’ve never read this, or heard about it, but from some GAF post I’m in for a treat.

First reactions: it’s huge, and heavy lmao.

Thank you GAF, Amazon, and Audible for the free graphic novel :).

VanWinkle

My Planetary omnibus came today. I’ve never read this, or heard about it, but from some GAF post I’m in for a treat.

First reactions: it’s huge, and heavy lmao.

Thank you GAF, Amazon, and Audible for the free graphic novel :).

Hope you enjoy. Definitely one of my favorite omnis.

Top Bottom