• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| September 2017 | 25 Years of wearing a smile to work!

Need some help. Does anyone use the Amazon Kindle android app? It seems like a total piece of shit, but I'm not sure if I'm just missing something. I only downloaded it because I could redeem a free comic from Amazon and I decided to grab Planet Hulk. The app seems like total junk. There are no proper settings to customize viewing on my phone, I can't get it to rotate to landscape, zoom doesn't seem to work properly, and even downloading the file was a pain because it would only sync and download. Everything feels like DRM hell.

I'm used to buying digital comics from Image and putting CBR files on my phone if I wanna read on the go. I use Perfect Viewer and it's great for everything. Is there a way to make the Amazon Kindle app behave like that?

My Amazon account is linked to my Comixology account (where I buy my weeklies), so I do most of my reading on the latter app. I only read Kindle stuff on the Paperwhite.

Dalek

He said that was the end of season 1...looool

laughing-republicans.jpg

duckroll

My Amazon account is linked to my Comixology account (where I buy my weeklies), so I do most of my reading on the latter app. I only read Kindle stuff on the Paperwhite.

Yeah... what I'm trying to figure out here is whether it's worth my time to use this app at all. It works fine on an actual Kindle, but this app seems like... a mistake lol.

VanWinkle

YES. Finally finished with New Teen Titans Omnibus Vol. 1. Took soooo long. But man, what great stories. Really makes me like every member of the team.

Yeah... what I'm trying to figure out here is whether it's worth my time to use this app at all. It works fine on an actual Kindle, but this app seems like... a mistake lol.

I wouldn't man. I haven't touched the Kindle app since the ability was introduced to link to CMX.

dh4niel

Took a break from the thread for a bit and it's nice to know I missed nothing of interest. Awesome.

JK

Wolverine
is back from dead during Legacy. Wowwwww. I'm interested to see how they explain it but meh.

Messi

Took a break from the thread for a bit and it's nice to know I missed nothing of interest. Awesome.

JK

Wolverine is back from dead during Legacy.
Wowwwww. I'm interested to see how they explain it but meh.

Spoiler that....the book isn't even out.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

JK

Wolverine is back from dead during Legacy
. Wowwwww. I'm interested to see how they explain it but meh.

FFS spoiler tag the post

How is it so hard for people to grasp that info from an unreleased comic is a spoiler?

caliph95

From this and novel it does redeem from her
encounter with the crew

I do love the addition of the fact that we will never see her face even so far in the novel.

The art is also gorgeous and do hope we have more of her next movie and her characterization

I do hope "Pilot" won't bite the bullet
she
is the 2nd or 3rd best Stormtrooper

Some Nobody

Random Thought: They should bring back X-Factor. But not like, the government team/the detective group. Old-school, "original X-Men hanging out", Louise Simonson X-Factor.

Jean's on her way back, you just need Cyclops and you've got a book. I'm tired of the teen kids--there's way more story to tell around how the older versions would interact with one another.

Mindwipe

I already spent my CMX sale money this week on all the archive volumes of No Man's Land from the Batman Day sale. They were a heck of a good deal for 500+ page trades.

BC: The Legacy spoilers:

Jane and Sam are a couple, Loki and Logan have a rivalry going for an Infinity Stone, SHIELD is gone, Wakanda has an intergalactic empire, Voyager is an Avenger from the early days, the narrator of the issue is Valeria Richards

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I have no idea whats going on in comics anymore. Are we excited for Legacy? Are the FF really coming back? Are they maybe at the same place as my Philips Hue order?

Cth

Anyone get the feeling that we're gonna get Bendis on Doctor Strange?

I can't shake it.

But the movie's already out.

I'm kidding, mostly.

That being said, Dr. Strange losing his house seems like something Bendis would pitch.

He did bring him into the Avengers and kept forcing Brother Voodoo down our throats, so I hope not.

Some Nobody

I have no idea whats going on in comics anymore. Are we excited for Legacy? Are the FF really coming back? Are they maybe at the same place as my Philips Hue order?

I can't get excited for Legacy because Marvel hasn't done anything exciting to deserve it.

Rebirth felt new. They had a whole press conference announcing the new creative teams on a brand-new slate of comics going forward. Then their one-shot directly addressed issues long-time fans had with the N52 version of the DCU. They satisfied fans across the board by creating classic-style superhero stories backed by a cast that was both new characters that were queer, women, and POC and old favorites so they got everybody.

What new stuff is happening with Marvel Legacy?
They're bringing Wolverine back?
Jean Grey's coming soon too? Okay cool, but no one asked for them to come back except maybe me. (I'm serious about X-Factor.) There aren't many major creative team shifts, you just boosted the numbers up of all your books so comics like Venom and Luke Cage have high numbers even though fans of characters like Venom and Luke Cage probably don't care about issue #s and the idea should've been preserved for longer-lived characters like Thor, Hulk, Cap, and Iron Man.

The X-Books are still a mess (and there are still way too many), and it feels like all the changes you'd want to Marvel still haven't happened yet, while Rebirth kind of immediately settled into doing what they wanted after the one-shot. Still waiting on Tony Stark, James Rhodes, and other characters to return instead of the work being done before the one-shot and Legacy just being a good jumping on point with all the classics restored while the new heroes got their own books to play in.

So this is weird, and instead of being excited I'm just frustrated that they still seem confused.

Sandfox

Whether or not you're excited is up to how you personally feel about the upcoming stories and things being setup. Some people will be and others won't depending on various things.

We've been getting FF teases lately, but who knows.

That's why the Legacy OT was made.

Because of the cover price?

You can like Legacy, you can think it's shit, I don't give a rip, but thinking something is allowed to be spoiled because it's too expensive is grotesque, weaponized entitlement and should be rejected in any kind of civilized discourse, whether it's in a dedicated legacy thread or in a supposed comics "community".

Sandfox

More details about Avengers No Surrender via FOOM:
https://www.newsarama.com/36577-avengers-no-surrender-details.html

U.S.Avengers and Uncanny Avengers will end at least for the duration of "No Surrender" which will be written by Mark Waid, Al Ewing, and Jim Zub, who say plans for the weekly series have been in the works for nearly a year.

The series will also feature the return of some classic Avengers characters not seen much in recent years, including Living Lightning (now dubbed simply "Lightning"), and Jarvis.

"Avengers: No Surrender" will run for three months, with artist Pepe Larraz drawing the first month's issues, Kim Jacinto drawing the second month, and Paco Medina will take over in month three.

It's unclear whether the titles will remain a single series - and whether that series may stay weekly, in the style of Amazing Spider-Man's "Brand New Day" era - after "No Surrender" wraps. Waid did confirm that, at least in terms of his core Avengers roster, the line-up would change as of Avengers #675.

The art for this book is going to be amazing.

Owzers

Do you put statues on the very top of your bookcase/shelf or does that actually gather more dust than a regular shelf?

I want to put mine up top where the books don’t live.

Top Bottom