• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming Out On Top (An Adult Gay Dating Sim) |OT| I'm gay, high five!

IvorB

Hahah, yeah I think this is kind of obvious for some outsider, but I actually have never had other account on the PC. It would be very weird to create one now and she would be very suspicious. She has this weird thing that turns my need of privacy into something potentially bad. For example, the facebook account: I don't have the habit of logging off from it, so it is open every moment even when she is using the computer. Sometimes she sees my messages, and really, I don't have a problem at all with that. The problem is, sometimes you need your privacy, and because of our very intimate relationship, she instantly thinks I'm doing something bad/wrong. Maybe it is kind of my fault because I give her too much freedom, but then again, she is like my best friend and I don't want to lose that. So yeah... I don't know. I'm still 18 years old though. She is still realizing I'm growing up I guess, hahah.

Is she very computer savy? Are you on Windows?

1. Put the game in a folder
2. Rename folder to something innocuous like "Winsys-2201x"
3. There is a Windows function to hide this folder so use that
5. Scrub the files from your downloads
4. ???
5. profit

I haven't used a Windows PC in a very long time but this always worked for me.

Memento

Is she very computer savy? Are you on Windows?

1. Put the game in a folder
2. Rename folder to something innocuous like "Winsys-2201x"
3. There is a Windows function to hide this folder so use that
5. Scrub the files from your downloads
4. ???
5. profit

I haven't used a Windows PC in a very long time but this always worked for me.

Hmmm... yeah, I can definitely try that. Surely she wouldn't want to check the ''Winsys-2201x'' folder, which has inside ANOTHER folder called ''Winsys Confidential Documentation'' (which I would put a lot of texts on it) AND ANOTHER one, named ''SetupExe.02'', PLUS ''SetupExe.exe'', the real one, which will have yet another folder inside it: the ''COOT.exe'', which contains inside of it the game itself. Yes, yes... that will work. That will definitely work brother.

PRAISE THE WINDOWS FOLDERS CREATION TOOL! Thanks, Microsoft. And you. Now I can finally experience the one game that have a shot at dethroning TLOU and Dark Souls from the top of my GOAT list! I will come back to let you guys know which one is my Husbando.
It is Bred Melnick.

IvorB

Hmmm... yeah, I can definitely try that. Surely she wouldn't want to check the ''Winsys-2201x'' folder, which has inside ANOTHER folder called ''Winsys Confidential Documentation'' (which I would put a lot of texts on it) AND ANOTHER one, named ''SetupExe.02'', PLUS ''SetupExe.exe'', the real one, which will have yet another folder inside it: the ''COOT.exe'', which contains inside of it the game itself. Yes, yes... that will work. That will definitely work brother.

PRAISE THE WINDOWS FOLDERS CREATION TOOL! Thanks, Microsoft. And you. Now I can finally experience the one game that have a shot at dethroning TLOU and Dark Souls from the top of my GOAT list! I will come back to let you guys know which one is my Husbando.
It is Bred Melnick.

Do it. :) Though I wouldn't recommend naming anything "confidential Documentation" as that's bound to attract curiosity.

moozoom

New update is live ! Amos, your burly body will be mine soon ! ( I secretly hope he's a bottom )

To find him you apparently have to :

Follow Ian’s story until he's winging for you at the gay bar. Instead of going home with Ian, you now have the option to stay at the bar and make a friend.

edit : haha ! Found him ! He's so cute and sexy...

Labrys

finished the amos route, ah, erm. i liked his design but i didn't really like the route at all. i'm glad we got a different body type but he's definitely one of the weakest routes for me

I got my French countryside red wine burly bear ending

We have crossed the event horizon. Videogames can never get better

Seriously though this shit was hilarious. The poetry and Ian in glasses :D

Magnus

Well, I'm glad I popped my head back into this subbed thread. Amos looks awesome! So glad for something different! (I definitely liked the other guys too, but this is great)

Did dates ever get added to the game, too?

Mr_Zombie

I have mixed feelings about Amos and his route:

Pros:
- he's a bear and a really sweet and cuddly one :3

- his route is indeed pretty long one (starting from the very beginning of the game and skipping everything I've already saw, it took me about 3 hours to finish his route) and has a lot of hilarious sequences, even more so than other routes;

- there are a lot of CGs with him; after ending up with the good ending I only discovered maybe half of them;

- Ian in glasses; he's even more cute now :D

Cons:
- his route begins after a point-of-no-return for one guy (
Ian
), so you first have to go through all the hassle with that one guy and only then can you start your adventure with Amos; it also means that for the second half of the game all you can deal with is Amos and no one else, since all other routes are already closed;

- his story is pretty boring: there's no real drama; in other routes you can easily involve yourself in the story even if you fail your relationship with the guy (
helping Brad write the papers, helping Ian discover himself, helping Jed with his career, helping Alex with the blackmailing
) - there's nothing like that here, just date after date after date; the big "secret" that's supposed to be the dramatic plot point is really meaningless;

- Amos is no fun; try to joke or flirt with him and he will scorn you instantly; you have to be romantic and dead serious all the time (or say nothing) which can be tiresome; if you want to achieve the good ending there's no point in even experimenting with dialogs since there's always only one obvious answer that Amos will approve;

Did dates ever get added to the game, too?

Not yet. Obscura wrote that she will work on that for the rest of the year.

Labrys

- his route begins after a point-of-no-return for one guy (
Ian
), so you first have to go through all the hassle with that one guy and only then can you start your adventure with Amos; it also means that for the second half of the game all you can deal with is Amos and no one else, since all other routes are already closed;

This was also an issue I had. If you're
uncomfortable with the whole cuckold/sex wrestling thing and decide to say goodbye it throws you out of his route with nothing else to do.

After a guide comes out I'll go back and grab the rest of the CG I missed though. They did a great job with that.

Could someone please give me a brief rundown of Amos' personality, occupation, etc? I probably won't get to play his route for a bit yet but I do want to add his bio to the OT soon so new players are aware of him. Thanks.

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
Could someone please give me a brief rundown of Amos' personality, occupation, etc? I probably won't get to play his route for a bit yet but I do want to add his bio to the OT soon so new players are aware of him. Thanks.

Amos Demirci is a Harley riding, forty-ish owner of a flower shop, with a penchant for romanticism. He's got a crippled, odd looking, yet cute dog named Dulcinea and seems to have a serious liking of Walt Whitman's verse, and a serious problem with John Keats. Seems to be a stand-up, serious and thoughtful dude, yet does have a rather odd hobby.

Amos Demirci is a Harley riding, forty-ish owner of a flower shop, with a penchant for romanticism. He's got a crippled, odd looking, yet cute dog named Dulcinea and seems to have a serious liking of Walt Whitman's verse, and a serious problem with John Keats. Seems to be a stand-up, serious and thoughtful dude, yet does have a rather odd hobby.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

The OT has been updated with Amos' profile and a few tweaks here and there.

moozoom

Finished Amos route once, and it was very funny... seems I missed a lot of CG's despite the fact that path seems quite straightforward with him.

The CG I saw were very hot, and I was quite surprised by
his secret hobby, which is a big fetish of mine. After all the poetry, I didn't think about that at all.
Also I really liked that at the end,
you can choose to be a top or bottom. Yay !

Off to try to get the other CG's...

Goldrush

Not absolutely sure but I think unlocking CGs
is solely dependent on choice of poetry. Tried being an absolute slut. Amos disapproved but doesn't stop the path.

Mr_Zombie

Not absolutely sure but I think unlocking CGs
is solely dependent on choice of poetry. Tried being an absolute slut. Amos disapproved but doesn't stop the path.

I wrote the
absolute slut poem
and acted a little slutty while watching (
"Breakfast at Tiffany's"
) and the route went the same way (more or less) but I got a completely different ending (
Mark and Amos starts doing professional fetish wrestling
).

Still, every CGI between
the kiss on the ship
and
sex scenes after tag wrestling match
are locked and I have no idea what to do. I tried various choices in between those two events and got nothing (pro tip: do not follow Ian's advice after you receive first bouquet from Amos).

Goldrush

I wrote the
absolute slut poem
and acted a little slutty while watching (
"Breakfast at Tiffany's"
) and the route went the same way (more or less) but I got a completely different ending (
Mark and Amos starts doing professional fetish wrestling
).

Still, every CGI between
the kiss on the ship
and
sex scenes after tag wrestling match
are locked and I have no idea what to do. I tried various choices in between those two events and got nothing (pro tip: do not follow Ian's advice after you receive first bouquet from Amos).

Maybe there are other factors as well. At the very least, the poem choice will give a major push to one direction. I think if you choose the romantic poem, you'll end up with the romantic ending and CGs. If you choose the weird poem, you'll end up with with a weird outcome (and a very special treat). Same with the cynical one and so on.

Goldrush

I love the setup for the dates. Falling in love with the characters is great and all, but sometimes I just want to forget the drama and toss these people in crazy situations. I wouldn't be opposed to Coming Out on Top 2 just being a series of increasingly weird dates with Brad.

Mr_Zombie

I've only checked Tommy so far and the date with him was surely not your ordinary date. Tommy himself sure is... gifted.

Monocle

The writing continues to be awesome. I love
the person on the intercom when you're stuck in the elevator
on the date with Jake.

BTW, has anyone figured out how to get Jake's third image?

Goldrush

The writing continues to be awesome. I love
the person on the intercom when you're stuck in the elevator
on the date with Jake.

BTW, has anyone figured out how to get Jake's third image?

When the scene pops up, refuse but stay.

Razmos

Just played through both of the bonus dates, Jake was fun and I liked the story, especially with the surprise twist ending (
Getting railed by 2 firemen! haha
)

Tommy on the other hand had a rather weak story, but oh god he's so my type and those CG's hnnnngnnhnhghgghhghg. Tommy is very much like the guy I was hooking up with over the last year, so that... urh, it hit home.

I'm looking forward to the rest of them.

Preview of the next two Brofinder dates...

Nz3wTUp.jpg

*swoon'd*

moozoom

Just a heads up, Super Health Club has been (finally) released !

It's not the same style of game as COOT, but I guess it could please some people here... Watched my Bf play a little last night : the Art of the characters is gorgeous (some backgrounds could be better but are nice), but we found some bugs to be ironed out later. I'm not super fond of Dating games where you must establish a schedule and try to meet the guys at the right time with trial and error... but we'll see.

I'll buy the Mac version to play on my computer and share my thoughts. Is there going to be an O.T for this ?

Goldrush

Words of warning, Super Health Club is a bit buggy: Missing voice clips, broken text box, weird save bugs, etc. More than playable, but could use a bit of polish. Also, if anyone figure out how to unlock the final scene of any routes, please post.
I'm assuming I'm missing some criteria since the administrative/maintenance tasks and all the upgrade only seems to make the game harder.

moozoom

Yeah, from what I saw, there are some problems... Didn't have a chance to play yet but their forums are full of bug reports.

Couldn't figure out if the game was available for Mac or not the website is not super clearwgeb you try to buy something.

Went back to this recently and have been hooked. I'm going to try to get all of the CGs probably. I can't seem to get the first in the Ian 2 section could someone steer me in the right direction?

Goldrush

Went back to this recently and have been hooked. I'm going to try to get all of the CGs probably. I can't seem to get the first in the Ian 2 section could someone steer me in the right direction?

That one is a reward for having a lot of cash on a non-Ian route.

Mr_Zombie

And what is the middle (5th) GC for Brad? It's something between Brad and Mark kissing and Mark sitting on top of Brad - so it must be a sex scene during the whole "read your goddamn paper Brad" segment. Yet I'm sure I tried all the options and nothing new came up. And I bummed.

I've also noticed that I had only 2 CGs from Alex's route. I have to fix that.

Spiked

Neo Member
Really enjoyed the Cesar date but the Terry one did absolutely nothing for me... I can see exactly who Terry is supposed to be irl and couldn't really stop thinking about that. I guess there's still four more brofinder dates that are still coming sometime this year and although I like them for what they are I kind of want more substantial content and Brad. :)

Hedge

I completely forgot about this game. I always wanted to try a dating sim, but I never actually tried my hand at one, because my type of men usually aren't in it. :(
Is this a good first entry into the genre, though?

Goldrush

I completely forgot about this game. I always wanted to try a dating sim, but I never actually tried my hand at one, because my type of men usually aren't in it. :(
Is this a good first entry into the genre, though?

The game is absolutely hilarious and I recommend playing regardless of interest in the genre. Unfortunately, as an introduction, you won't be able to find another game that would scratch the same itch afterward. Considering that 99% of the games in the genre comes from Japan and the rest still reads like an anime, there really isn't anything, gay or straight, with the same style of humor or ability to poke fun at western culture.

Top Bottom