• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community S5 |OT| From the Executive Producer of Community Seasons 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbo

I haven't seen Paget Brewster in a comedy since ARCTU, so I'm also really happy she's joining the show.

Will her old streak of killing shows she appears on ring true once again or will Community's survival skills outlast even her?

beat

Will her old streak of killing shows she appears on ring true once again or will Community's survival skills outlast even her?

"Showkiller" really just means "good enough to get cast on shows repeatedly". Lots of shows fail, after all.

That said, I'm not super optimistic about Community getting a seventh season, esp if Yahoo continues to be a basketcase. The Yahoo Screen website and app is horrendously designed and desperately needs to be less ugly and awkward before the show actually launches.

Blader

"Showkiller" really just means "good enough to get cast on shows repeatedly". Lots of shows fail, after all.

That said, I'm not super optimistic about Community getting a seventh season, esp if Yahoo continues to be a basketcase. The Yahoo Screen website and app is horrendously designed and desperately needs to be less ugly and awkward before the show actually launches.

It doesn't need a 7th season, just a movie.

beat

i don't think any community fan expects there to be more than six seasons.
I don't expect it.

But I hope for more than six seasons, all the same. This is a great show with a great cast. Lightning doesn't always strike twice. I think Mitch Hurwitz is an all-time genius but Running Wilde wasn't remotely as good as Arrested Development. John Enbom did amazing work with Party Down; Free Agents (US) was not that good. Harmon even said that his year of being fired, he was trying to write "the next Community" and it didn't work out (I'm paraphrasing from memory from the CommuniCon panel he did, I think.) Better he continue with Community than try something new that might be less good.

(I am aware of Rick and Morty, I love it, but still.)

Quick

Banned
I was already resigned to Community getting cancelled after last season, and I'm excited for the new season, but I'm not sure I'd want it to continue on for another season after this. Give it a good finish.

In terms of a movie, what would it do? I don't know if Community is built for a movie, if they were to keep it within it's normal setting. I could see it work if it involved an off-the-wall concept in the style of Abed-centric episodes.

AniHawk

I was already resigned to Community getting cancelled after last season, and I'm excited for the new season, but I'm not sure I'd want it to continue on for another season after this. Give it a good finish.

In terms of a movie, what would it do? I don't know if Community is built for a movie, if they were to keep it within it's normal setting. I could see it work if it involved an off-the-wall concept in the style of Abed-centric episodes.

there you go- an autobiographical movie by abed in the style of the social network about his time in school (basically featuring none of the main cast, but people 'as' the main cast and the original cast members showing up as cameos). or maybe abed's longform documentary he made about his time in college (which would let chevy chase, donald glover, and yvette nicole brown along with others show up).

Joni

The movie should be the last paintball episode.
And I would like more seasons. Six seasons only count if each season is 22-24 episodes.

Mariolee

tOm7KB4.jpg

Aaaaaaaaand we're back!

Lijik

The cast keeps shrinking. Probably best to end it before it's just McHale and Rash left.

After the movie of course.

Bring back the plot line of the two of them living across the hall in an apartment complex and retool the show into a Seinfeld clone starring Jeff. The Dean is the show's Kramer.

gabbo

Bring back the plot line of the two of them living across the hall in an apartment complex and retool the show into a Seinfeld clone starring Jeff. The Dean is the show's Kramer.

I mean, Troy is still at sea/rescued with Lavar right?

Soodanim

Gold Member
A movie would need to meet more requirements than I think are likely to be met for it to work. A full cast is the first and biggest hurdle. What it would be about is also a big question. Unless they did some sort of alternate universe thing (which isn't unlikely, now I think about it) it would be shit, and even if they did it wouldn't be much better. Like someone said, turning a 2 parter of paintball into one feature length episode is the most likely.

beat

Off Topic but kinda cool: Jim, Gillian, and Yvette at Dan Harmon's wedding. <3
I don't have a link at the moment, but there's an Instagram video of a dance number performed for the wedding, with all the dancers holding giant cutouts of Harmon's head and it is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom