• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comparison between FF Versus XIII staff and FF XV staff [Kotaku was right!!!]

-Ryn

Banned
My heart... it feels like it's sinking...

Blegh... hopefully FFXV is still an amazing game. It bums me out to see so much of the original crew has either left or been taken off the project (one that I had high hopes for too). But perhaps FFXV will still manage to hold onto the essence of the original vision. I'd like to think so anyway. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

LMAO at that wall of shame

More like, 80% of the planks have been replaced, those planks remaining have all been reinforced by new material, and now the ship might actually not sink when it sets sail.

Lol.

Ha ha, that actually sounds nicely optimistic!

The S.S. Tabata, leaving port. Awooga!

duckroll

with Kitase joining terra battle, I wonder if he's on his way out

Probably not? He just released Mobius FF and they're going to be supporting this for a while. The PAD creator is also "joining" Terra Battle, and he's not quitting Gungho. Collaborations in mobile games is very common in Japan.

anaron

Probably not? He just released Mobius FF and they're going to be supporting this for a while. The PAD creator is also "joining" Terra Battle, and he's not quitting Gungho. Collaborations in mobile games is very common in Japan.
well nevermind then. lol

I hope a demo/build of the original ps3 game gets leaked one day so we can get a taste what the game we'd been waiting for since 2006 actually was like. :/

A lot of them quit.

Looking for the day Nomura quits SE, gets the team together and kickstarts something like Fantasy Versus with the original vision.

Eusis

So I will officially never play the game I bought a launch PS3 for.

Huh
I'm sure we've all had games that we hoped to play on an upcoming console that never materialized for one reason or another, whether it was something as relatively minor as Project HAMMER or something as badly anticipated as MML3.

This may be the highest profile one though and with the oddest trajectory. Normally those games just vanish entirely, but I guess SE saw both a marketing opportunity and pragmatically keeping a scenario already drafted up.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wonder why Wan Hazmer isn't in the credits...

Losing Jun Akiyama and Stella makes me waaaaay less interested in this as far as storytelling is concerned. Sigh.

Here's hoping Jun Akiyama is working on whatever Itou is working on, assuming that's not just sweeping the floors and fetching coffee.

I don't know what to say... 9 long years. It's comforting though, knowing you weren't the only one patiently waiting all this time.
But I need this game to simply come out in whatever shape, because I just can't stand the wait anymore. I need to see the end credits to this thing. Hell, I might shed a tear just knowing the wait is over!
Although it's saddening to know that the original concept might be mostly dead, I honestly still pray that it delivers - It just has to after all these years!

This kind of reminds me of Starbreeze, where basically everyone making Syndicate was replaced by the time it shipped.

Their commentary about not planning a sequel makes sense, since basically no one involved with this game was involved in coming up with the original idea.

That explains A LOT.

Rymuth

More like, 80% of the planks have been replaced, those planks remaining have all been reinforced by new material, and now the ship might actually not sink when it sets sail.

Lol.
If it does not sink, it's because of the bloated corpses of discarded ideas, characters and staff are propping it up.

Sorry...that was dark.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
He did the character designs for Tekken: Death by Degrees, and (I think) a few minor (mobile?) Square Enix games.

F8nJedV.jpg

wnzsP5b.jpg

ri8XaGT.jpg

JEmUHCj.jpg

Roberto Ferrari did designs for The Last Remnant, I'm not sure which of the characters though, that game was fine looking.

Thanks guys :)

I guess Cindy is his creation.

So Final Fantasy XV is being handled by a mostly different team now while Kingdom Hearts III is being developed by the Birth by Sleep team in Osaka.

Any chance this missing Versus XIII team is working on Nomura's new project? ;)

KoopaTheCasual

So Final Fantasy XV is being handled by a mostly different team now while Kingdom Hearts III is being developed by the Birth by Sleep team in Osaka.

Any chance a fair number of these missing employees are working on Nomura's new project? ;)
I thought the same thing. Kitase, Nomura, Nojima, all left FFXV for FF7. Wouldn't be surprised if Akiyama was also attached to the remake.

Reveirg

Yeah, I really wonder who's on board to handle the music too.

Obviously they'll reuse the same themes but Uematsu's name was not advertised. He's not an actual orchestrator either, so even if they do bring him back on board, I'm curious to see who he'll be working with.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

Obviously they'll reuse the same themes but Uematsu's name was not advertised. He's not an actual orchestrator either, so even if they do bring him back on board, I'm curious to see who he'll be working with.

My money's on Takeharu Ishimoto, the composer who worked on Crisis Core.

True Fire

Probably Shimomura. She and Nomura are a buy-one-get-one-free bundle these days, and reorchestrating one of the most famous video game OSTs of all time probably wouldn't be that challenging for her.

Top Bottom