• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concept Artwork For "Epic Mickey"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

Send in the Clowns said:
In the manga, end of vol 3. They end up in an Escher inspired world-thing. Plus that looks like Griffith. Pretty sure of it.

29upt37.jpg

That said, the concept art looks awesome.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I've never played Deux Ex.

Am I a bad person?

wrowa

Acosta said:
zzzzz...

You are terribly boring (both camps), change of topic already.
This.

It's finally time to stop bitching about the console. I gladly buy the game for whichever console they want to release it as long as they do release it. This really isn't an ordinary project and it seems quite unusual for Disney to allow something like that. Come on, we're speaking of a fucking steampunk Mickey! The only important thing to me is that they hopefully won't cancel it. The plattform the game is on is secondary.

Mothlight

Banned
beelzebozo said:
it hasn't aged well. i tried really hard about six years ago and came away sort of. . . lukewarm.

I kind of agree, but it's still worth playing. Somehow Thief and The Metal Age have held up better (for me).

Rez said:
I've never played Deux Ex.

Am I a bad person?
PC gamers may want to kill me but....

You can pick up the PS2 version for 5 bucks at Gamestop. It's a pretty decent port.

Although I'm sure there is some way to get through DD for cheap.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
the wii is for stupid kids! the man's man games are on 360 and ps3!

that said, the only logical move is to put this game about mickey mouse and his magical kingdom on 360 and ps3!

McNum

What the... THIS is Epic Mickey? Well, it's epic and it's Mickey, so yeah.

I do not understand, but I approve. That looks awesome, but I still can't believe that Disney is in on this. That Disney is actually paying someone to do this to their characters. The zombie Goofy is awesome and the concept art really sells this "Creepiest Place on Earth" vibe, by pretty much perverting everything that makes the usual "Happiest Place on Earth" theme from Disney. It's almost logical to put the game in Wii, then. The Wii is the happy family console, so let's mess it up!

I will have to buy this. The concept is just so far out that I need to play it. It's easy to see who the target demographic for his game is, too. You know how Nintendo keeps talking about "the lapsed gamer"? Disney is going after the lapsed Disney fan with this one. The people who grew up with Disney but lost interest in it over time. Lapsed fans? Meet Epic Mickey. The gamble is fair that the lapsed fans might also be lapsed gamers, so the Wii target demographic overlaps with the Epic Mickey target demographic. Making it a Wii game is the easy choice here.

That or Disney showed up with cash in hand and ordered an Epic Wii game based on their IP. Of course, considering that it's Warren Spector they hired, they might get a little more Epic than they imagined. Still, it does look awesome in concept. I want to see screenshots and videos soon.

WrikaWrek

Banned
beelzebozo said:
the wii is for stupid kids! the man's man games are on 360 and ps3!

that said, the only logical move is to put this game about mickey mouse and his magical kingdom on 360 and ps3!

It's not about kids and what not. It's about system capabilities, i would love to see the concept art be done in a bigger scale than the Wii can provide.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
WrikaWrek said:
It's not about kids and what not. It's about system capabilities, i would love to see the concept art be done in a bigger scale than the Wii can provide.

i think games like MARIO GALAXY and even older stuff like WIND WAKER or (if you prefer) OKAMI prove that art direction is a far more important aspect than processing power.

tenritsu

Banned
I'm only going to say that it looks awesome and it would be the first time I've actually been interested in the disney franchise since I was a little kid.

WrikaWrek said:

It's nice to want things, but apparently the creator of the game thinks differently.
We have no idea how this game looks. How it plays. Hell, what genre it's even really in.
And already we have people saying that the Wii can't do it justice.
How about this. You slow your roll and wait until we actually see this game in action. Then you can bitch about it not being in shiny HD.

WrikaWrek said:
I'm sure you will, provided this is successful. In the meantime, it is what it is, and what it is, we have no idea at this point. In my opinion, it's jumping the gun a bit to say the whole thing is a waste just because the hardware isn't powerful, though.

I think the greatest matter at hand is if we even see this game in action in any shape or form in the near future or at all really. Would be a real shame too, how often do we get dark takes like this on established characters/worlds like Mickey and company?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
AceBandage said:
It's nice to want things, but apparently the creator of the game thinks differently.
We have no idea how this game looks. How it plays. Hell, what genre it's even really in.
And already we have people saying that the Wii can't do it justice.
How about this. You slow your roll and wait until we actually see this game in action. Then you can bitch about it not being in shiny HD.

Well if that can happen, I'd also like people to stop bitching about Beyond Good & Evil 2 coming out for HD systems.

firex

beelzebozo said:
it hasn't aged well. i tried really hard about six years ago and came away sort of. . . lukewarm.
wrong. the game is still awesome today but it isn't for everybody. it also takes a little time to really get good, just like most RPGs.

I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's still a pretty unique experience and very satisfying, even with the old 2000-ish UT1 graphics, physics and so on. but again, it's not for everybody.

HK-47 said:
Well if that can happen, I'd also like people to stop bitching about Beyond Good & Evil 2 coming out for HD systems.

That'd be fine with me. Of course, given recent announcements, people should be happy if it comes out at all.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
AceBandage said:
That'd be fine with me. Of course, given recent announcements, people should be happy if it comes out at all.

What announcement are you talking about?

An incredible disruptive and inventive take on Disney, I'm game, it's not like they've asked Rob Liefield to re-imagine it. And grand scale can be done on the Wii, heck it could be done on the PSX, I'm wondering exactly what the game is about though.

I'd like if everyone would just play the games where they are and for what they are rather than weeping and snuffling cuz they've got a retarded adolescent complex against certain hardware boxes or screen sizes. If someone doesn't care enough about a game to buy the hardware it's on, then they shouldn't care enough to be bothered by its existence.

But this will never happen because people in general are whiny douchebags and gamers especially so.

Vinnk

Segata Sanshiro said:
I'd like if everyone would just play the games where they are and for what they are rather than weeping and snuffling cuz they've got a retarded adolescent complex against certain hardware boxes or screen sizes. If someone doesn't care enough about a game to buy the hardware it's on, then they shouldn't care enough to be bothered by its existence.

But this will never happen because people in general are whiny douchebags and gamers especially so.

Amen.

Was this portion always on their website?

Boy, do we wish we could talk about what we're working on. Soon… Soon…

To quote Warren: "When we DO announce what we're doing, half the world's going to think we're crazy and half the world's going to think it's the coolest thing since sliced bread–how great is that?!"

Oh, and for all of you who've tried to guess what we're doing, you've been partly right and all wrong… (We're enjoying this way too much!)

The bolded part, that is. Seems to be a direct response to the internet itself!

Alucrid

Banned
It looks good, another one of those games that make me say "I need to buy a Wii" but then it fades to the back of my mind so I never actually do. I just hope Epic Mickey isn't the final title.

wsippel

Banned
SirPenguin said:
Was this portion always on their website?

The bolded part, that is. Seems to be a direct response to the internet itself!
Yes. At least when I visited the site a month or two ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom