• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concept Artwork For "Epic Mickey"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Send in the Clowns said:
It's a spoof of Berserk I think.
It definitely is Paperinik, if it also is a spoof of Berserk, I don't know, might be.

CiSTM said:
Modern PK is shit. I really liked the old version of PK when he wasn't hero but more of mean avenger.
I like the old PK, too, but I prefer the new PK of PKNA. Too sad, that I'll never know how the story continues after "Seconda Stesura" :(.

Interfectum

i think i stumbled upon some concept art for mickey... so epic!

431Mickey.jpg

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Darkpen said:
Is there something other than the huge sword that indicates to you that its a spoof if Berserk?
The dark figure is Griffith/Phemt.

Darkpen said:
Is there something other than the huge sword that indicates to you that its a spoof if Berserk?

In the manga, end of vol 3. They end up in an Escher inspired world-thing. Plus that looks like Griffith. Pretty sure of it.

Mothlight

Banned
jon bones said:
WOW. WOWWWW.

+1 non-Wii owner who would like to play this : /

As someone who does own and enjoy the Wii, I don't understand why it's so hard to understand why people are championing this for other consoles. All we have so far are concept art sketches. It's not as if we have a genre or mechanical descriptions. It's just a bunch of really attractive art.

And to those posting, "Hurr, found more sketches," you're pretty far off base and not the least bit clever.

Mothlight said:
As someone who does own and enjoy the Wii, I don't understand why it's so hard to understand why people are championing this for other consoles. All we have so far are concept art sketches. It's not as if we have a genre or mechanical descriptions. It's just a bunch of really attractive art.

And to those posting, "Hurr, found more sketches," you're pretty far off base and not the least bit clever.
Oh, Draft is quite clever. I wouldn't challenge him to a battle of wits, myself.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
gerg said:
I... don't see your point.

Just because the majority of GAF sees the technological power of the 360/PS3 as some sort of pinnacle doesn't mean that they're correct.

I understand why people say these things. However, acknowledging their reasoning does not mean that their reasoning is right. Understandable =/= reasonable.
People want shiny toys. It's really not a hard concept to grasp, and not an entirely unreasonable one either, especially when they're forking out $40-60 for a few hours of entertainment.

Shiggy said:
No, it doesn't. Otherwise it wouldn't be developed for Wii.

Developers can develop for whatever they want.

Let me re-iterate, after seeing concepts they'd look beautiful in HD, hence IMO it needs to be in HD.

The same way as im furiously awaiting KH3 to be released on an HD console as the colours would just pop awesomeness.

JMC

Banned
Audioboxer said:
Looks awesome, but this needs HD graphics.

Would the game benefit from "HD graphics"? Perhaps, but it certainly doesn't need them.

SolidEyeSystem said:

Somebody posted that pic earlier, but it seems the URL is no longer active as it's not showing up in the thread anymore.

Viewtiful Joe said:

Yeah, we know. ;)

Kilrogg said:
Ah, okay, thanks for correcting me. The Eurogamer article does state that Spector (or the developers, whatever) wants the game to rival Mario.

A platformer would certainly be nice.

CoolS

CiSTM said:
Modern PK is shit. I really liked the old version of PK when he wasn't hero but more of mean avenger.

He's talkng about this serien:
phantomias_magazin.jpg

which automatically makes your opinion wrong. Those comics were awesome. It really is a shame not all of them were released here in Germany

Eteric Rice said:
"My Wii is gathering dust! I haven't played it for like 6 months!

Exclusive Wii game is announced.

"What the hell, why is this on Wii? This should be in glorious PS360 HD!"

-_-

Bro... I just put that comment at Kotaku. I liked it. Directly to the point.

No problem?

Eteric Rice

dancmc said:
Maybe this will be a launch game for Wii HD? :D

Ehhhno...

I could see them re-releasing it on Nintendo's next console in HD, though. I was thinking about that yesterday. Sort of how we get a few re-releases of Gamecube games.

Viewtiful Joe said:
Bro... I just put that comment at Kotaku. I liked it. Directly to the point.

No problem?

Nope. lol

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Shiggy said:

Oh fuck, now that's just making me feel ill.
I so want this.

What's the top head supposed to be? I can recognize the Crocodile, Jafar, Mickey, Donald and Tigger... I feel like I should know the eagle. Is he from Alice in Wonderland? Or is he that Brazilian parrot friend of Donald's?

Seriously, this is really terrifying and killing my inner child.
I still want this.

soldat7

Cat in the Hat said:
I remember on GFW radio awhile back Warren kept saying he was making his dream project. By the looks of the artwork I'd say he wasn't lying, it looks incredible.

Please don't be cancelled...please don't be cancelled...this could be the first Disney game I've ever cared about. I hope it's not only on Wii...

JDSN

Banned
I remember when WS talked about it during those Game developer interviews on GFW, he sounded so excited and convinced the game was gonna be groundbreaking (Not only to Disney fans), and it looks like he wasnt kidding when he said Disney was giving more freedom compared to other projects they have made in the past.

Oli

Pretty nice concept art there. I always find it funny that people complain about the lack of hardcore on Wii, then whenever a glimpse arrives they just whine about it not being on an HD platform.

Anyway, I hope this sees the light of day at some point, it would be a shame for it all to go to waste.

sn00zer

No way.....I thought Kingdom Hearts was dark for a Disney game
Im fully supportive of this game, but im wondering if the concept art is fake, specifically the Paint Thinner landscape, unless they are going for a T rating I cant see that being in the game

JMC

Banned
soldat7 said:
HD consoles too, not instead of. You'd be crazy to not want this (awesome piece of concept art) in HD

Of course. I'd love to see the game on HD-capable platforms. Having said that, I won't be bothered if I don't.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Segata Sanshiro said:
Waste of an interesting collection of molecules.
don't be daft, they were never anything more than moderately curious

Zhengi

I came in expecting something on Mickey Mouse and I was not disappointed.

This looks awesome. I hope this game is still in development.

Edit: Good to see the game is on track :D :D :D. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Yoshi said:
That's Paperinik (Phantomias for the Germans, PK for the Americans), the Italian "hero donald", my favourite Disney character btw. While I'd love to see him in this game, I highly doubt he'll be in it, as he isn't all too popular in the US (or outside of Italy sadly, we in Germany only received the first 15 of his first own comic series because they didn't sell enough of the awesome comics).
It obviously lacked the appeal (= it's not for girls) that made W.i.t.c.h. (another series produced by Disney Italy) so much popular around the world.
From what I've heard, however, they succeeded in ruining PK even in Italy, with a lackluster 2nd and 3rd series.

Good old Paperinik was great, though. He embodied all of Donald's frustration, and even if he fought for justice, his goals were usually achieved in some mischievous ways, which included theft, forgery and usually kicking his uncle Scrooge or framing (sometimes with false accusations) his cousin Gladstone. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom