• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conduit 2 for Wii.

Mael

pakkit said:
Who do you hear that from?

Anyway, when the Conduit came out it looked pretty good, but plenty of games have come out that have outshone it graphically (Madworld, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Red Steel 2).

Monster Hunter Tri, Crystal Bearers, Mario Galaxy, Prime Corruption, Sonic games, Wii sports resorts, wiifit +, a boy and his blob, pikmin2 new play control, House of the Dead Overkill....
pretty much any game with decent art style actually

Bizzyb said:
Nintendo has decades of experience in knowing whats quality. HVS is not Nintendo

Yeah... well... it shows? I don't think that "listening to the fans" is a redeeming factor if they can't even get basic stuff right without external help. It's nice for a developer to be so close to the community, I'll give you that, but who cares if the product still turns out to be mediocre at best? I'm still willing to give The Conduit 2 a chance but I'm not that optimistic after the first one.

JimboJones

Mael said:
You're right actually,
it's strange it looks like some Conduit alpha shots....
Something tell me they didn't finish to implement all the effects...

And the split should be VERTICAL that way both player have a decent sized screen since everyone has a 16:9 tv now.

Actually re seeing the screens....I know I'll regret it but I'll try it, they don't deserve it in my view but I'll get it, some part where well done and I'm in the mood of hoping that they'll improve on that and let the steaming pile parts die in a fire.

Oh and Geist had WAY BETTER art direction!
And vehicles this time! I don't want to have to get the latest Halo for my shooters to have vehicles in it goddamn

Umm no..how the screen splits should always be left to the choice of the player, I hate playing vertical split screen games.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Are you guys ready for one new tiny screenshot?

j5yumg.jpg

Easy_D

never left the stone age
EatChildren said:
Are you guys ready for one new tiny screenshot?

j5yumg.jpg
Even in this lowres screenshot you can tell the textures for the railings are super low res and ugly.

But I got to admit, that alien actually looks pretty cool. Even though it's your average robotic tentacle monster with a Predator mask.

Vizion28

Banned
According to IGN, Conduit 2 will utilize motion plus for more precise controls. Faster turns with the pointer is a welcome feature.

XPE

Wiimp seemed to work well enough for red steel 2, so this shouldn’t be detrimental to the conduit 2

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Easy_D said:
Even in this lowres screenshot you can tell the textures for the railings are super low res and ugly.

But I got to admit, that alien actually looks pretty cool. Even though it's your average robotic tentacle monster with a Predator mask.
Well, TCon had some of the ugliest wood i have seen on a wii game.

Poyunch

I voted for Complex just because of the many sniping spots on the map compared to my other choices: Sanctum (which really only has one) and Warehouse. Streets was enjoyable sometimes but it got old quick when it kept being picked.

edit: Lol I will never vote for streets! Anyway it's the top two votes that get in. You can still have your Streets. If Pentagon somehow passes beats Streets I'd be fine with that though. :lol

freddy

Banned
Easy_D said:
Seriously? Gamebreaker right there. I aint buying no game with low res handrails, I want to see my nose reflected in those bitches for sure.

Mithos

Looking forward to Conduit 2, I really liked the first one it was exactly the type of FPS-gameplay I want, "old-school-FPS", like Half-Life and the FPSes back then.

I hate the modern day FPS "gameplay/feel" or whatever you gonna call it.

Hiltz

I hope they don't vote to bring back the Pentagon map ( hate it when an entire team camps at base) or Complex with its annoyingly long corridors.

I liked the Streets, Infirmary, and Warehouse maps.

Personally, I found the first game only to be worthwhile due to its online play. The single player mode felt so run of the mill. It was completely forgettable. Ah and the sequel better not bring back those small and fast aliens because they were never fun.

Mael

JimboJones said:
Umm no..how the screen splits should always be left to the choice of the player, I hate playing vertical split screen games.

Good point actually

The new shot is....unexpectedly good actually....

Now they just need to put some fucking vehicles damnit!

hatchx

Banned
I'm actually pretty impressed with the videos I've seen, and I am looking forward to Conduit 2.

I enjoyed Conduit 1, mostly for the controls and the little bit of multiplayer I played. I was disappointed it had no split-screen, and actually sent an email to HVS about how important split-screen multiplayer is to me. I like to play WITH people.

Formless

The game looks really nice. And that really ugly gun with lots of green screens at least has a nice pull-out animation. The guns shown still seem to lack oomph though, maybe that's because the bounding box is too large and the guns/arm look like they're flailing about sometimes.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Color me impressed. Conduit 2 looks a lot better then the first one and headset voice chat play equals THANK GOD!

I'll keep my eyes on this one.

EDarkness

This is one of my most anticipated games on the Wii right now. I enjoyed the first one, and this one is looking to be bigger and more robust than the last one. Heh, looks bad in screens, though, but seeing it in motion really shows off the graphics.

Go Nintendo compiled a few highlights from various new previews of the game...

- Conduit 2 will allow for remote patches to fix online issues
- ships with a headset
- chat actively in the gameplay lobby before matches, during the matches themselves, and in-between setup for matches that follow
- SCAR semi-automatic rifle has secondary charge side effect that allows you to be invisible on radar
- perk system akin to Modern Warfare
- may see vehicles in specific multiplayer maps
- short downtime between online matches
- alternate fire for TPC launcher: sticky proximity mines
- 30 suit upgrades
- weapon blueprints (for unlocking weapons in multiplayer mode)
- Conspiracy items which unlock background materials
- Teammates can revive you if you die
- Expose enemy weakspots by blasting off helmets and armor
- DLC still in discussion
- 70 fps when starring at a wall, 28 fps with explosions and action
- 15 multiplayer maps, but more may come before launch

Certainly some of the most enticing bits of info I have heard for the game thus far. First Nintendo Wifi Connection game effectively able to counter cheaters?

Agent X

Very cool news, especially the ability to patch the game to address online issues. I liked the first game, but the inability to patch the online mode was one of its shortcomings, and it's good to see this game is improved in that regard.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I felt bad no one was checking this game out on the show floor. Sega had a decent set up for it, too. I went over there. Looks like The Conduit, but better. Level design more varied. The headset looks cool, I'm surprised no ones talking more about that.

Poyunch

Lol there was a bunch of footage and junk but I didn't really want to post any of this since well there doesn't seem to be much hype for it here. :lol

Um another thing. The SCAR (favorite weapon from the original) is totally automatic now rather than just the semi-automatic burst.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGIkZVPgzIQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k69vrn3LLps (higher quality picture)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeGwNpcJKmY (12 players now rather than 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUgmjZjMigk (Brief footage of how the sniper works)

http://www.3djuegos.com/juegos/play-video/8474/15235/the-conduit-2/ (Turret)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XolQL7xF1jM (Atlantis on the right)

First level of campaign
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg5OCyaAcdU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgyCWglLvsc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1kUr4C7HC4

Silkworm

Chopper Dave said:
Go Nintendo compiled a few highlights from various new previews of the game...

- 70 fps when starring at a wall, 28 fps with explosions and action

Certainly some of the most enticing bits of info I have heard for the game thus far. First Nintendo Wifi Connection game effectively able to counter cheaters?
Er, is the game's FPS going to fluctuate that much? Wouldn't it be better to have it locked at 30 FPS rather than fluctuate between 70 and 28 fps? Of course this is from an early preview, so I'm guessing that's what they'll ultimately aim for, assuming a locked 60 fps is most likely not going to happen.

PounchEnvy said:
Lol there was a bunch of footage and junk but I didn't really want to post any of this since well there doesn't seem to be much hype for it here. :lol

Um another thing. The SCAR (favorite weapon from the original) is totally automatic now rather than just the semi-automatic burst.

I would appreciate some new footage of the game but so far I have only found one video that doesn't give me motion sickness from trying to tolerate shaky cam shenanigans. It was already posted. Understandably so, I think hype has been unusually slow from a lack of any direct feed footage/trailers. If Matt Cassamassina were still at IGN, we would probably at least have some decent off screen video by now :lol

Edit: Ok. I guess there is some decent footage out there. Thanks for the links, PouchEnvy!

ultim8p00

Banned
I really hope this game succedes, I'll be picking this up when I get my Wii. HVS is really making an effort here and I am going to show my support.

AniHawk

I saw some HVS guys playing GoldenEye last Wednesday. Afterward, they asked the Activision guy if they could get a shot at playing COD Black Ops.

scitek

I played the multiplayer on the show floor. It was interesting that they were running it on a LAN. I asked if they had plans for LAN support in the final version and the guy said it was up to Nintendo. They're trying to get it in there, though.

scitek

Looks vastly improved. One of the things I tried to stress to the guy I was talking to on the show floor was how lock-on in multiplayer almost broke the first game. I spent about 5 minutes straight holding lock-on down and simply spamming the melee and racked up a 10+ kill streak just to prove my point. I recommended to at least give the option to force it off for matches.

Alcibiades

Any word on whether they'll have several preset control schemes (hopefully in addition to a Gamecube control option)? One reason that I didn't want to jump on the Conduit the first time is that I didn't want to be modifying the controls settings from scratch.

Poyunch

scitek said:
I played the multiplayer on the show floor. It was interesting that they were running it on a LAN. I asked if they had plans for LAN support in the final version and the guy said it was up to Nintendo. They're trying to get it in there, though.
Hmm Nintendo was the one that said no to LAN in the original.

one_kill

Improvements. Nice! :D

I hope they release more vids soon. Would want to see more of the environments and bosses as well as the perks and upgrades.

Top Bottom