• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conduit 2 for Wii.

MYE

The giant sea monster looks great and for what i can tell...its looking alot better than the first one.

MYE

AceBandage said:
Also liking the design of the Atlantis guards.

The Guardians?

Yeah, they look good.
They kinda look like they where inspired by japanese-mech design to me.

let's make this the HIGH VOLTAGE SOFTWARE APPRECIATION THREAD

Go, Diego, Go! Safari Rescue (February 2008)
go-diego-go-safari-rescue-screens-20080304020722629_640w.jpg
go-diego-go-safari-rescue-screens-20080304020726910_640w.jpg

Dora Saves The Snow Princess (October 2008)
dora-saves-the-snow-princess-20080716041840841_640w.jpg

Go, Diego, Go! Great Dinosaur Rescue (November 2008)
go-diego-go-great-dinosaur-rescue-20081112031544315_640w.jpg
go-diego-go-great-dinosaur-rescue-20081112031542112_640w.jpg
go-diego-go-great-dinosaur-rescue-20081112031530674_640w.jpg

High Voltage Hot Rod Road Show (January 2009)
high-voltage-hot-rod-show-20081013042701985_640w.jpg

The Conduit (June 2009)
the-conduit-20090622041540848_640w.jpg
the-conduit-20090622041538629_640w.jpg
the-conduit-20090622041537129_640w.jpg

The Secret Saturdays: Beast of the 5th Sun (October 2009)
the-secret-saturdays-beasts-of-the-5th-sun-20090603113520711_640w.jpg
the-secret-saturdays-beasts-of-the-5th-sun-20090603113532461_640w.jpg

Astro Boy: The Video Game (October 2009)
astro-boy-the-videogame-20090608103346312.jpg
astro-boy-the-videogame-20090608103349984.jpg

Iron Man 2 (May 2010)
iron-man-2-20100318114006749.jpg
iron-man-2-20100318114008718.jpg
iron-man-2-20100318114010374.jpg

Tournament of Legends (May 2010)
tournament-of-legends-20100311063741331.jpg
tournament-of-legends-20100311063749721.jpg
tournament-of-legends-20100311063747987.jpg
tournament-of-legends-20100311063752908.jpg

thanks high voltage, for being a champion of hardcore wii games and pushing the wii to its graphical limit

cacildo

Well, (the scans floating around) look really good.
More open areas.
The first one was kind of claustrophobic.

Hope they do something about the terrible skyline JPGs they used in the first game. That was awful.

Even so:

Release date: Setember 2015

ivysaur12

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:

thanks high voltage, for being a champion of hardcore wii games and pushing the wii to its graphical limit
:lol :lol :lol :lol

MYE

Yes, fuck HVS for paying the bills with shitty licensed games.
They should go bankrupt with honor...like Cing.

EDarkness

Just saw the scans. Looks pretty good so far. Want to see it in motion, so lets hope we get a trailer sometime soon. What we know so far sounds pretty good, and with the last game ending on a cliffhanger, I'm interested in seeing what is gonna happen in the next game.

Amir0x said:
oh i can't wait this truly will be a game to showcase the visual prowess of the Wii and define a generation of FPS titles with the cutting edge wii motion plus technology and amazing line corridor box level design plus+

High Voltage has proven time and time again to be stalwarts of the hardcore gaming community, and has earned and deserves all of our anticipation and hype.
So true.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
MYE said:
Yes, fuck HVS for paying the bills with shitty licensed games.
They should go bankrupt with honor...like Cing.

i wonder why people don't grief wayforward the same way they grief hvs. there must be some reason. hmm.

cacildo

EmCeeGramr said:

Iron Man 2 (May 2010)
iron-man-2-20100318114006749.jpg
iron-man-2-20100318114008718.jpg
iron-man-2-20100318114010374.jpg

You know, aside from all The Grinder´s mess, i think Iron Man 2 is the only real problem i can see with HVS

Sure, Tournament of Legends could use some motion plus, but it would take too much of development and fly away from the prime idea of a cheap 1on1 fighter

But Iron Man 2....
man... everybody knows it will be terrible....
and they could have done something really good and fresh with it. Motion plus flight, open world, motion plus aiming and melee attacks....

But no. Iron man 2 will be exactly like the first, a rushed "point A to point B" stage based shooter with no inspiration. AND waggle melee attacks

Everybody loves waggle melee attacks, right?

Effect

pakkit said:
This pleases Sorbo.

tn2_kevin_sorbo_2.jpg

I really hope he's in the sequel (still haven't fully beaten Conduit 1 so don't know if that's possible or not. Near the end I believe, a three levels to go I think. Other games pulled my attention away. Happens a lot. It was only in the last two weeks I went back and finally finished off Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearer after stopping near the end.). I'm a fan from way back. Brought a smile to my face when I recognized his voice while playing.

The Conduit did get the controls right, and the weapons were pretty neat for an FPS game. As a first attempt, it was way better than Red Steel.

I just saw the scans, and the lighting appears to be better in this game. I hope they improve the frame rate to keep up with split screen multiplayer. Hell, just better art and 60fps would be enough.

That said, I could care less for another FPS on any console/PC. I'm actually more interested in The Grinder because it switched gears into a top down shooter.

Bentendo

It may have been answered already, but is Conduit 2 on the cover or something else? You'd think that they would put Galaxy 2 on there but I guess they still have time.

Swittcher

Banned
Team acknowledges that the first game had the player doing “the same thing over and over and over again”
- Want to do more with level design, gameplay design
- Embracing sci-fi element
- Game starts off with thunder, torrential downpour, you’re in a huge oil derrick in the middle of an ocean
- Picks off immediately after the original when you enter the portal
- Not sure where you are when you enter the portal and land in the ocean
- Derrick’s occupants begin to shoot at you
- Game will have some “big vistas and multi-tiered areas”
- Multiple paths, team wants the game “to feel bigger and give players the sense that there’s more going on”
- Sea serpent attacks the facility
- “Having those types of ‘wow’ moments is really important”
- Quantum 3 engine still being refined
- Ford continues to go through the oil derrick, fights with the leviathan one-on-one
- Have to use one of the derrick’s mounted defense targets since normal weapons won’t work
- Serpent targets you and generator that powers the turrets
- Need to find the serpent’s weak points, stun him, then impale him with a harpoon from a turret
- Game has an airborne chase scene, take control of a ship’s rear gun emplacement, shoot pursuers (one enemy type is jet pack-equipped soldiers)
- More NPCs, Ford can interact with them
- There are other aliens besides Adams around the world who control territories
- Adams has been particularly successful, wants to take over the world
- Ford needs to get the help of the other aliens
- Atlantis is the hub, portals to other areas are there
- Some freedom in terms of which stage you’ll take on next
- One mission has you going to Washington DC, need to recover important artifact from the Smithsonian
- More alien growth in the city than in the first game, Drudge and Trust still fighting there
- “AI vs. AI vs. player now”
- Will come across fights already happening
- “The AI in particular has been a big focus for us. We really want the enemies to come across as intelligent. In the first game, they just sit there waiting for you to show up. This time, we want it to feel like a living environment, like everyone was doing something before you got there.”
- Interactive elements in the environment (stuff moves, objects break, enemy knocks over soda machine for cover)
- Wider variety of hostiles, some specific to a location
- Atlantis: 30-foot-tall Guardians
- Siberia: Robotic wolves
- Differences between human soldiers, can carry any weapon (affects AI)
- SEGA/High Voltage will be holding a contest: Can get your name/face on a Missing Person flier or a Wanted poster
- 18 firearms from the original
- Have to tune the Phase Rifle by twisting Wiimote
- Deployable Turret: Set it down, control it with handheld display, can pull the trigger and have it autoaim or target manually
- Regarding the AsE: “…more puzzles and hacking minigames. It’s also a bit more of a detective tool now, we’re trying to put a lot more conspiracy objects and secrets in the environments to give you more reasons to use the ASE. Once you’ve scanned an object, you’ll be able to learn more about it in the game’s new data log. So it really plays into us trying to tell a deeper story.”
- ASE tied to Atlantis
- Using the ASE, can have a bit of control over the Guardians
- 12 players online

Game of the forever.

Vinci

Danish
EmCeeGramr said:

<snip: ugliness>

If that doesn't utterly decimate any irrational hype, nothing will.

Swittcher

Banned
Saw the scans; looks waaaaay better than the first. Art and tech wise.

Sea Serpent looks awesome, and the Siberian level reminds me of Phendrana drifts.

That's the thing with the Conduit, it's controls, guns, shooting mechanics, and general feel was all there. It was just wrapped up in a drab and unimaginative package with bland mission objectives.

I think it sorta suffered the same fate as Assassin's Creed 1, they spent so much time building an engine from the ground-up, they forgot to work on the actual game content.

MYE

Bentendo said:
It may have been answered already, but is Conduit 2 on the cover or something else? You'd think that they would put Galaxy 2 on there but I guess they still have time.

Its Galaxy 2

Swittcher

Banned
MYE said:
FPS with hub world?

Shit, its been a long time since Turok 2.

First thing I thought of.

I LOVED THE FUCK OUT OF TUROK 2 SP.

The single render used on the front of the NP article is better than the entirety of all the art assets used in the first game.

EDarkness

MYE said:
FPS with hub world?

Shit, its been a long time since Turok 2.

Didn't Red Steel have a bit of a "hub world"? I remember being able to choose missions from the club as well as switch guns, restock ammo, etc.

MYE

EDarkness said:
Didn't Red Steel have a bit of a "hub world"? I remember being able to choose missions from the club as well as switch guns, restock ammo, etc.

Never played Red Steel :p

heringer

Eh. Judging from the scans it's The Conduit with a slightly better art direction.

There is one cool thing though. Apparently there will be a contest that will get the picture of some people on walls of "Missing Person" or "Wanted", things like that. That's a neat addition, me thinks. :lol

gogojira

Hit up the various scan posting sites, can't find the damn things. Not expecting much, but I'll give 'em a chance.

For as bad as The Conduit is, it's controls are one of the high points. If they can highly refine the actual game, I might look into the sequel.

I liked the first Conduit. It wasn't an amazing game, but it felt like a throw back to Golden Eye and Perfect Dark in good ways. I'm actually excited for a second one. Hopefully its out sooner than later. It sounds like they're taking a lot of the crits from the first one seriously, so here's hoping for this one.

Dorrin

How were the controls on the first one? Before the Wii launched I had high hopes for the controller and FPS but to be honest it seems like that hasn't worked out well.

Luigiv

Just saw the scans, looks solid. Much better art direction, it's both more appeal on it's own and a much smarter use of the available resources. Now all they need to do is improve the hit reaction animations/effects and the game will at least get a pass on the graphical front.

Swittcher

Banned
Dorrin said:
How were the controls on the first one? Before the Wii launched I had high hopes for the controller and FPS but to be honest it seems like that hasn't worked out well.

It's always been terrible. Don't bother. Just awful, awful stuff.

Surgeon Rocket said:
It looks kind of like the first one.
It looks exactly like the first one except it's not the same hallways and streets that made up the entirety of the first game.

Three of the gun models look identical to how they were in the original. And in the split screen screenshots, the guns look like they're almost untextured (for some reason they're colored white) and the lighting in the levels looks almost nonexistent.

pakkit

Banned
If I was a weaker man, the preview might have fooled me into thinking they know and plan to address nearly all of the problems from the original Conduit.

MYE

Swittcher said:
It's always been terrible. Don't bother. Just awful, awful stuff.

If you're talking FPS controls in general, IR aiming is better than dual stick shooter controls, but then again anything is better then that.

Still bellow k&m levels of precision though.

pakkit

Banned
MYE said:
If you're talking FPS controls in general, IR aiming is better than dual stick shooter controls, but then again anything is better then that.

Now you've done it.

Swittcher

Banned
MYE said:

Sorry, t'was sarcasm.

I'd always rather use a Wiimote control scheme over dual anal.

Swittcher said:
Read the preview?
I read it.

Words are cheap. Some bigger outdoors levels, more scripted events, bad guys with randomized armor, and a developer saying "oh we could have done better so we will," isn't inspiring.

pakkit said:
If I was a weaker man, the preview might have fooled me into thinking they know and plan to address nearly all of the problems from the original Conduit.
Well, you could say I'm a weak man. :'(

Swittcher

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
I read it.

Words are cheap. Some bigger outdoors levels, more scripted events, bad guys with randomized armor, and a developer saying "oh we could have done better so we will," isn't inspiring.

So...what? I guess for you, you'll need to sneak into their offices late at night and play the unfinished builds while they sleep?

Always good to be cautious, but I think High Voltage is the kinda company that tries to learn their mistakes from reading gamer reactions and reviews to correct the many flaws of the first game. To you know, help guide them, cuz they don't know how to fix it themselves. :p

Top Bottom