• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confederate Flag Group Charged For Threats Made At Black Child's Party (Sentenced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durden77

Can anyone make crop or get of shot of these 2 crying babies in a format so I can use it as my phone background? Seriously I would really appreciate it.

Happy my state finally got something like this right. Good on the judge.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
They shouldn't have at all. Black people forgiving white people for their racist actions might be the one thing I hate we constantly do. Cause 9 times outta 10 the people involved certainly aren't worth forgiving, and it only furthers convinces folks that they're not responsible for their actions.

I love this. I understand the strength behind forgiving someone for the unforgivable. I admire the people that do it. Yet, I don't see the need. Condemning the people that are truly disgusting enough to be this racist is way more beneficial in my eyes.

I'm going to need a Confederate flag where the blue cross is changed into an L

7QDWPUe.png

The Kree

Banned
They shouldn't have at all. Black people forgiving white people for their racist actions might be the one thing I hate we constantly do. Cause 9 times outta 10 the people involved certainly aren't worth forgiving, and it only furthers convinces folks that they're not responsible for their actions.

Correct.

That's a black Christian thing, isn't it? Like they think they can't get into heaven if they hold a grudge or some shit.

I'd imagine it's religiously-motivated in many cases, but additionally it's probably emotionally healthier to forgive someone. I'm not going to say whether one person is unforgivable to another. But I do appreciate your concern at the larger perspective.

That's a black Christian thing, isn't it? Like they think they can't get into heaven if they hold a grudge or some shit.

More like if black people act angry or upset in any way shape or form people see it as them "acting out" or being "aggressive".

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST GET OVER IT? They ask, as they continue to point guns at children and threaten families with their lives because of their skin color.

THIS IS NOT ME! They shout, as they go on weekend long terror sprees knowing they will most likely not be caught.

Is this the first time they did it? Would it have been the last/ Who knows.

That's the scary part of this story. Had someone not been recording, who knows.

Naudi

Banned

Correct.

Yeah but forgiving them helps them move on with their lives. Doesn't make it ok for them to do what they did but it puts all the Guilt and suffering on them as apposed to letting the hate ruin your day/year/life.

The Kree

Banned
More like if black people act angry or upset in any way shape or form people see it as them "acting out" or being "aggressive".

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST GET OVER IT? They ask, as they continue to point guns at children and threaten families with their lives because of their skin color.

THIS IS NOT ME! They shout, as they go on weekend long terror sprees knowing they will most likely not be caught.

I get the part about remaining calm when even justified outrage would set you back, but the forgiveness aspect seems to come from faith and religion. They could still be restrained without that.

Pretty much

akira28

damned shame, having all that common human decency and ability to change and forgive, being wasted on hard hearted souls who would only take advantage of them. If they were sitting in a living room instead of a courtroom, I have my doubts about how remorseful these two would be. It is a shame it came to this, it's a shame they had to terrorize a children's birthday party with pickup trucks and confederate flags and a shotgun.

Oddly enough it was largely the legacy of slavery that brought so many to the cross. A pious slave was an obedient slave.

Pretty fucked up thing to say. What i feel in that moment is not what i'll feel months or maybe years later. I have always been and will be against large pointless prison sentences.

The parents of the victimized kid forgive the racists during the court proceedings and say they're sorry it came this far.

I would say the same thing for drug offences. I just don't think people should have to spend a decade of their lives in prison for a crime where no one got physically hurt. Whether that's low level drug use/dealing or threatening minors. I think smaller sentences and larger fines being awarded to victims is a better way to do it.

I'm not defending these people, i'm just as satisfied as you are seeing them served with such a large sentence. But i've always been against large crime sentences for crimes where no one was physically hurt.

People don't realize how large a decade is, by the time you're out your 10 year old kids will be college going adults.

I have my grievances with prison system, but this thread was probably not the best place to talk about them.

You still don't seem to get the seriousness of terroristic threats. But since you refuse to understand that there's a fucking difference between getting caught with a joint and intimidating someone with a deadly weapon, I don't know what the fucking point is anymore. Looks like actual terrorism has a fucking defence force here.

akira28

No. She genuinely would be sad that they would go to hell. She's like really into forgiveness. I ain't that christian.

yah but the whole premise is you give it up to God. she can be sad that they're broiling like teriyaki salmon, but the rules say unless they truly repent, yadda yadda. So the whole being forgiving thing is supposed to be ok, because yours is not to judge or punish. Leave that shit up to the wolf, I mean...God.

What?

Jose Torres is 99% hispanic american. Also the dickweed is a bigot who hangs out with the kind that would pull the same shit to other people like him due to their heritage.

I hate hispanics that turn their back on minority groups just cause they have light skin and have self hate. Fuck that.

Edit: Im glad his bitch ass got 20 years. More of these types of case should happen towards hateful assholes.

hahahhahahaaha guess that explains why his sentence was so much bigger

televator

What?

Jose Torres is 99% hispanic american. Also the dickweed is a bigot who hangs out with the kind that would pull the same shit to other people like him due to their heritage.

I hate hispanics that turn their back on minority groups just cause they have light skin and have self hate. Fuck that.

Edit: Im glad his bitch ass got 20 years. More of these types of case should happen towards hateful assholes.

This Tío Tomas syndrome is something I've seen a lot of in AZ. Even with some more tan individuals. "I'm one of the good ones. I listen to Alex Jones and agree that we need to kick out all the immigrants. Whitey is rightie"

Lmao Mr. Torres thought he was a card carrying white man. I love when sell out minorities get a reminder.

History has shown that bigoted white folks will lynch them and steal their property as with any other "impure race." So yeah, silly guy this Torres.

I think this validates my being adamant about not self ID'ing as white despite my pale complexion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom